It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Wants Libyan's In US For Nuclear Science and Aviation Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe Obama wants to invite his Benghazi Libyan friends also? It appears that the Obama admin has drafted a regulation that would reverse the decades long prohibition of Libyans to come to the U.S. to work in aviation maintenance, flight operations, or to seek study or training in nuclear science. This regulation would go into affect without any, "prior notice or comment".

So for those of you that may be wondering why, our relationship with Libyan's has been, "normalized". Go tell that to the families of those that died in Benghazi.

Washington, D.C. – House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) have obtained an internal Department of Homeland Security draft final regulation prepared by the Obama Administration that would lift the longstanding prohibition on Libyans to come to the U.S. to work in aviation maintenance, flight operations, or to seek study or training in nuclear science. This draft final regulation could go into place without prior notice and comment. The prohibition was put in place in the 1980s after the wave of terrorist incidents involving Libyans. The Administration justifies lifting this ban by claiming the United States’ relationship with Libya has been “normalized.” However

DHS Internal Doc Reveals Plans to Lift Longstanding Libyan Ban

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, I don't see a problem with Libyans coming here like everyone else does in some things.

However, I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble...if we waited a bit on that. Perhaps until this civil war in Libya figures out what it's doing? Last I had seen (and it's been a couple days) the Prime Minister of Libya was still a kidnap victim and hostage of a rebel group, for instance.

That's about light years from where I think it has to be for documents or pretty much anything coming along with someone to be trusted, let alone fully verified.

"Umm.. hello? Oh, sorry, the documents section is unavailable right now, they're under mortar and rocket barrage. Please call back later!"

Yeah... Err.. Really? Who thought this was a bright idea? Oh.. yeah.. nvm.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And think about all the Obama admin time and dollars wasted on such crap. Dollars and time that could be better spent fixing Obamacare, shutting down the drone program, investigating the NSA, or closing our borders.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm still hung up on the idea of people out of a nation with no real stability, sending guys (and there does seem to be a high % of them as professional fighters these days) to get aircraft training of ANY kind.

Ask Italy to help them or France or one of those other nations that really seems to dump on us for not being more welcoming and helpful at times. Well, hey, it'd be a closer flight anyway. Makes more sense. Send them North, not West.

There.. I probably saved them a bundle in cross Atlantic fuel alone. Don't savers get a cut of the savings of something?

top topics

join