It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian accused of selling virginity of 12 daughters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Standard disclaimer of if this has been posted please delete.

Saw this story on CNN and have to say it is pretty damn horrible if true.

A woman that had no right to bring 14 children total into this world, 13 of which were female, is alleged to have had sold the virginity and more of those daughters for a few hundred dollars.

Going on the assumption this case is true...

Sadly my first thought was not that this is wrong but that it probably goes on in every country around the world. Both the men paying for these girls and the woman that sold out her own children for money are different types of evil and horrible. It's a scenario like this where it is not hard to wish their was an enforced limit of how many children a woman can have. Obviously their would be exceptions to that or a process to go through but if you can't handle the responsibility of having and raising one child correctly then you should not be allowed to give birth to 14.

Anyway... here is the story: Virginity of Daughters Sold

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Sadly my first thought was not that this is wrong but

That is exactly what my first thought was.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Damn that is sad. Some people just do not deserve to be parents. The men that are buying, disgust me! The mother also sickens me, though perhaps her hand has been forced to do things she also finds sickening but is in a place of utter desperation with no options.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm a dirtbag.

I saw the title and my first thought was how much does he want. LOL.

(I know I'm not the only 1. Maybe the only one who will admit it but not the only person who thought it even jokingly.)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Hey Opeth nice find. In a world where there is no excuse for poverty and utter desperate acts we find the world littered with them. I can't begin to imagine being pitted up against such odds in the world that selling my own children's virginity is an option. Sadly I do believe the world is ripe with such stories. We know that the world is 'by design' corrupt forcing people to make choices that are just as equally bankrupt and corrupt. Who do we point the finger at in such a convoluted reality? All of us in the end. Cthul's sentiments said it all.

One horrible act such as this is powerful enough to alter the lives of those girls forever in a life time of damaging consequences. Life is a domino affect of cause and effects.

It is entirely heartbreaking but then again the state of this world and humanity as a whole is too.

Bloody tragic!
edit on 25-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

So a woman with 14 children living in Columbia sold her daughter's virginity to survive financially and now she's in custody? What about the Johns who raped the girls? How about the fathers of the children that didn't stick around to care for them?

Columbia is a horrible place if you're female and poor. Prostitution is not uncommon. Usually what happens is that the girls are pimped out by men who first get them addicted to drugs. They then become under age street whores who might not live until they are 25. In reality, as horrible as it sounds, those girls were luckier than many of the poor rag tag women of their same age and background.

The mom is still a horrible person if the charges are true. The real monsters however, are the men paying to rape 12 and 13 year old girls. It just amazes me how you will read stories on women being arrested but I will give you five bucks if you can find any on the men being arrested.

Also, go to any truck stop in America and there are 12 and 13 year old girls there who are being raped every night. Where are all you criers for those children? What about the multiple homeless kids on the streets every day in America tricking because their parents kicked them out? Stories like these are useless and doubt anyone on this site has ever done anything about similar stuff happening right around the corner.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

OrphanApology
The mom is still a horrible person if the charges are true. The real monsters however, are the men paying to rape 12 and 13 year old girls. It just amazes me how you will read stories on women being arrested but I will give you five bucks if you can find any on the men being arrested.

I don't disagree with that.. Both the mother and men are evil, horrible and deserve to never see the light of day again.. They are just evil in different ways..

Also the source article talks about at least 1 male being arrested for getting one of the girls pregnant.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

What I want to know is why her name is blasted in the articles yet the man is just "unidentified". Why is the actual rapist not being named and shamed? The highlight of the investigation should be on the men who RAPED. She allowed it sure, but the ones who raped are the ones who should be the focus of the investigation.

More BS.

He'll get off with an easy sentence and she'll get the hardest sentence.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by opethPA

What I want to know is why her name is blasted in the articles yet the man is just "unidentified". Why is the actual rapist not being named and shamed? The highlight of the investigation should be on the men who RAPED. She allowed it sure, but the ones who raped are the ones who should be the focus of the investigation.

More BS.

Agreed but that doesn't absolve the mother in this case.
The men need to pay fully as does the mother.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The men aren't going to pay.

The guy isn't even being named.

Never said mother would be absolved. Just pointing out that what a ridiculous world it is where an investigation like this would have a focus on the female enabler and not the actual RAPISTS. It is Columbia though, what can one expect. At any given moment they have about 35k child prostitutes in that country alone. The police probably have frequent #er miles.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Human life do not cost mucho in this world and its no wonder becouse we as whole human race have been raised to this from ages ago, most of our history is full about wars and other type of violance and im affraid but it wont get any better any time soon either and i can say pretty confidently its only gonna get worse.. Its not that what i want but how i see it..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by opethPA

More BS.

You raise a critically important point about the condition of this patriarchal world where men rule and no one questions the obvious. So while everyone is focusing on the woman who is destitute to begin with the man remains protected and not a mention of him is raised. If that doesn't tell you just how misogynist this society is and how it protects 'the society' of the ruling sex then I don't know what does?

Just think the world is your oyster if your born with a 'member' and that is all it takes in this backward planet. So warped! Such marginalization is publicly more obvious in the poorer countries via the media because the exploitation of women is common place. It is interesting how the focus is usually, as in this case completely one sided and ignores everything you have highlighted. So who and what does the media represent?

I find throughout society that women are typically considered 'the weaker sex' and are exploited in different ways in all 1st, 2nd and 3rd world countries. The level of exploitation varies in all societies. Patriarchal society equals the suppression of women in one way or another and this story is a prime example where the woman is targeted and the man somehow finds himself protected from the scrutiny or knowledge of the media at large. The sick bastard will live another day to rape and exploit women while the acknowledgement of 'rape' isn't even on the table here as though that never happened.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by romilo

Well Romilo, we all have control over our own actions.

Just don't rape any girls and you will have already changed a significant portion of humanity.

Somewhere along the way everyone started thinking as a collective instead of individually. If you don't like the way the world is, first look in the mirror and change that which you do not like about yourself.

It's quite simple. If you are a man and stories of little girls getting raped makes you sad and angry, just don't rape any girls. That simple. The world changes and the ripple effect of good actions are just as powerful as the bad ones.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Yes, it's frustrating. Makes me want to scream.

People eat it up too. Just look at this topic, no one even pointed out that "uh hey ....umm...why isn't the RAPIST being name?"

Why isn't the name of a 51 year old man who raped a 12 or 13 year old girl and IMPREGNATED her being named in the story while the woman who was left alone with 14 kids and prostituted them is blasted everywhere. Seriously?

edit on 25-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: cd

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I understant that, i would never do such a things to children or any innocent humanbeings. Also i must admit we have come "far" from open slavery to hidden underworld slavery.. Its not much but its something, still millions are slaves thou and its becoming trend again, child rapes, forced organ donors, slave workers etc.. Also tens of millions of children starve to death each year evenwhen there would be food for all the human mouths but proplem is they cant affort it. Same thing with water, many ritch ppl rather throw the food away than give it to poor ppl.

Also we have some rules in wars like dont kill whole race/ethnicity etc yet it still kind of happens and same time we have ultimatly more powerful ways to kill each other and most of our evolving consenterate on warfare anyway & violance generally, just like in the history.

I see ofcourse the good things happening in the world, good ppl trying to survive and thrive their positive energy to the world, they are propaply the only thing that holds the humanity still here. Imho, its truly are battle between good and evil forces.. We just have to chooce everyday from wich pools we drink..

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

In finland where i live, there happens ugly child raping & woman raping all the time and more often than not they walk away even when they get busted, its rare that they get any jail time at all here.. Also their names and everything about them selfs will be state secret, no warning to ppl abot these persons.

top topics

join