It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base Camp satellite imagery 8/9/2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Our favorite USAF "recreation facility" and part time CIA camp just got some new Google Earth imagery. No aircraft on the ground. The small comm tower they recently added can be seen at 38°18'40.33"N 116°16'46.71"W .

The last time I drove by the base, I noticed they had stacked some cargo containers. Location is 38°18'33.12"N 116°16'59.24"W . Could be just crap, or they could be using the cargo containers in training. They use cargo containers to represent buildings.

Some tanks showed up at 38°18'49.42"N 116°16'59.18"W . Make that fuel tanks, not Army tanks. ;-)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Pics &/or vids please?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

base camp 101

Note some of the USAF activity done at Base Camp was relocated to Texas, as per this thread:
Mystery at Salt Flat

The website in the thread unfortunately is history, but you can get the images from archive dot org wayback machine. ATS has trouble with how archive dot org generates URLs, otherwise I would post it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Base Camp set up "no stopping" signs on Tybo Road, which runs through the base. Since it is a public road, I don't know if the signs are legal, but I do expect the base security to pretend they are. You can see the zone stretches from N38 19 9.02 W11617 26.44 to N38 18 36.38 W116 16 36.84 , based on the shadows of the signs.

The new imagery goes pretty wide. Of course, it misses the Tonopah Test Range. In fact, it doesn't even reach the Keno airstrip. You can see they replaced the solar array on the Mt. Irish radio facility located at
N37 38.683 W115 24.090 . Also updated is the Warm Springs radio facility at N38 11 31.65 w116 25 4.42 . The Nellis section of that facility is on the east side and it looks unchanged. The BLM runs the site and it is mixed use: LA water, Nevada state, DOE, and a CDMA cell site.

BTW, AT&T GSM now runs from the intersection of I-15/Route 93 up to the town of Alamo. It is UMTS and reads on the phone as 4G.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the information.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OK. Just wanted to share a Little of my insights. So you know. I used to work for a company called REMSA. It is an ambulance company off of Edison way in Reno. This base camp submitted extensions to BLM/DEPT OF INTERIOR...HECK I STILL CAN SEE THE SIGN. the zip code on my paycheck came from the 89502 zip.

Why is the blm submission papers for this was to Reno Zip 89520... we were 2 blocks apart.

Do Gov. Establishment tweek the zip code?

Also the ambulance seen in photos do not check out. I know..someone VERY close to me is head of northern Nevada EMSI.

What has happened since I left in 2000

Edit: not much..all is still rolling along as usual in NV. Just new additions.

edit on 22-11-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

P.S. DO NOT STAR ME!
This is out of curiosity.

edit on 22-11-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I don't see any ambulances. Did you forget to attach some photos?

Base Camp extended its borders a few years ago. This was on file with the BLM. They haven't fenced or marked it in any way except for those signs. I'm not really sure the signs themselves are enforceable since it is a public road and they have no right to prevent you from parking on it. The government and people in general often put up signs with no legal authority. A prime example is the no trespassing sign on the road to Halligan Mesa. The USAF only owns the top of the mesa and you are free to drive up to the gate. I confirmed the land ownership with the recorders office in Tonopah.

The Base Camp folk were a bit perturbed with someone who would drive off-road behind the air strip and in the BLM plan had indicated they wanted to fence off the entire east side of Tybo up to the cross fence. However that was totally illegal and the BLM put the kibosh on that plan. They were going to fence off land that they did not own. The BLM will personally rip down illegal fences and cut locks on illegal gates if you report the coordinates to them.

For better or worse, the BLM enforces its rights. [I say worse because I don't like the wild horse round ups.] The Sage Brush Rebellion started in Tonopah, and the BLM decided taking no prisoners is the way to go. In general, I agree with the BLM, since I don't like people commandeering public land.
Sage Brush Rebellion

new topics

top topics

join