It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

muzzleflash

How did this make the news?

Anyone could write a note and claim this.

Something smells very fishy....

Ever waited tables ? This kind of crap happens. People are really jackasses, and decide to take it out "anonymously" through means like this. I've personally witnessed not only working in restaurants, but also in retail, wealthy people (usually women, although I'm not looking to be labelled sexist) who really could give a crap about buying anything...but were specifically looking to get a chance to rip their claws into someone.

I've seen it many, many times.

My favorite revenge was our secret ketchup bottle

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

spartacus699
Don't believe everything you read in the news. Even if it was true, who cares, last time I checked we're still a free country right? If you don't like the server or the service you still have the right to not tip. And of course it would only be a christian that would make the news. Never any other faith or type of person who's being the bad guy. Get real.
edit on 26-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

Sure, I'll get real.

Christians (I'd say, oh, 99% of them that I've ever met and known personally) tend to be rather judgmental. One might even wonder how it is that they sit through the sermons they do, and not absorb a damned thing they're hearing. Wouldn't you think osmosis would eventually kick in? Nope.

Now mind you, I'm not looking to pick on any one particular group of Christians, I'm talking about all members of organized religion who tend to call God their major patron, and JC their savior. Especially considering the fact that they are usually the ones who espouse loving your fellow man, being kind to others, and being like JC himself.

Never met the man myself, but I kind of think JC wouldn't have stiffed that kid on his tip.

Ever hear of Buddhists being jerks like this to a gay waiter?

How about Satanists?

Wicans/Pagans?

Taoists?

Sikhs?

Hindus?

Zoroastrians?

Muslims?

Nope, just self-righteous all knowing Christians.

And, btw, I know a few that I personally love. One, a few folks that I work with. Very upstanding people, absolutely walk the walk instead of talking the talk. Two, a very dear friend of mine and his family. Again, people who walk the walk.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

And self-righteous all knowing Atheists.

I've known quite a few of them, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX

Looks around....

What'chyou talkin 'bout, Willis?

Something cut a little too close to the bone ?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

XxNightAngelusxX

Looks around....

Nah. Wasn't talking about anyone on ATS.

Just saying, I've had just as much, if not more, flak from pompus Atheists as I have from Bible thumpers. They're both quite annoying.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX

SadistNocturne

XxNightAngelusxX

Fair enough. Let's add them godless bozos to our list!!!!

Looks around....

Nah. Wasn't talking about anyone on ATS.

Just saying, I've had just as much, if not more, flak from pompus Atheists as I have from Bible thumpers. They're both quite annoying.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was re-reading my copy of the Principia Discordia and it came to me that the lost Sal of the Alchemists, that White Powder of Metals, was reintroduced by the OTO.

Thus all the talk about semen and what not was there to confuse the profane and sodomy was a tool to program the initiate.

Not that sex magick is unreal, it's just a crappy secret compared to the lost Sal.

(So I guess in Waldorf schools kids are taught from an early age to see the IAORO's and Elves but -- crap. Look for channeled communications from St. Germain, it's a guise of the OTO)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Whoa! Wait a minute. They did not tip the waiter because he was gay?
Doesn't that mean he prefers to mate with men rather than women?
I prefer women myself but if I ever waited on a table I don't think I would find it necessary to inform the people I am waiting on of that fact.
So how did these people know that he was gay?
Did he put on a limp-wristed show for them?
Did he make a show of letting them know how he felt?
So then what's wrong with the patrons in turn making a little show of how they felt?
One standard for all please

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I believe they do have the right to not tip the waiter for what ever reason that may be including there in my option non nonsensical religion but the negative or even hateful note was not necessary.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Let me enjoy this moment of hypocrisy, the people who won't shop at stores that don't support the homosexual agenda are now mad because the other side did the same thing... LOL

Myself, I think they should have tipped the poor guy. He's already lost and confused, they just solidified his beliefs in confusion.

I'd imagine jesus isn't too happy with that.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

jashn20002000

I believe they do have the right to not tip the waiter for what ever reason that may be including there in my option non nonsensical religion but the negative or even hateful note was not necessary.

I agree with you. If you feel some "moral" need to disregard your religion's teachings about generosity toward your fellow human beings due to the belief that an archaic law designed to curb the spread of sexually transmitted infections and enforce reproductive relationships was handed down by God, even though it was clearly written by the very same priesthood that your most prominent spiritual teacher spoke out against (deep breath, that was a mouthful), then by all means keep your filthy money.

However, I'm wondering why this is news. I suppose the reporter might have felt a certain "moral" obligation to expose these most hypocritical actions of religious folk. Or perhaps, as some members have alleged, it is a propaganda piece to drum up hatred toward Christians to advance some Atheistic or New-Age religious agenda...

But this story is a double edged sword. It not only hurts Christians, it hurts gays and my other LGBT brothers and sisters as well. This story serves as a reminder to us that there are people out there who hate us, or at least disapprove of us so much that they will take any opportunity to figuratively backhand us across the face. As someone who is in the process of coming out to live fully as the real me, I find this story to be as hurtful to me as the actions of the alleged Christians would have been to the waiter.

So what is the real message behind this story?
"Hey everybody, you should hate Christians because they're rude and judgmental!"
or...
"Hey homos, guess what, Christians still hate you. And so do a bunch of other people."

Perhaps the real message is something along these lines:
"Hey, you guys should hate eachother and pay no attention to the Government which is fornicating all of you with a long rusty rod."
edit on 27/10/2013 by Glass because: addendum

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Just tacky trashy people. If you don't tip there is no need to leave an explanation especially after good service. You sir are being an A-hole of the highest order. And had to blame God for the reason you are being a cheapskate. I hope someone spits in their food next time.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Baddogma
How did they know the waiter was homosexual? Was he engaging in same sex at the waiter's station between serves? I've known some very effeminate guys and very butch girls who were heterosexual.

Besides the idiocy of every aspect of this, it sounds like people who felt bad about themselves and were simmering over the perceived national acceptance of gay rights and went out to voice their opinions in a passive aggressive manner.

Hypocrisy and dogmatic religion are inseparable.

exactly how do you really know. He might have just been a big sissy but not actually gay.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

"Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God"

In response to your above titled thread; my opinion is...the waiter and how he does his job in serving people at the restaurant...has nothing to do with his private life choices.

The waiter gave good service and should have been given a good tip.

The note left by the people he served is cruel.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The obvious question is how or why did they just assume the waiter was gay? Did they have homosexual sex with him? Did he walk up and announce his sexual preference to them? No? So, they just "assumed" he was and punished him based on profiling? Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As a follower of Jesus, I'm dismayed that these people had the opportunity to show love to someone that has a lifestyle that they disagree with and instead chose to in essence spit in their face.

They should have tipped, and left him a note thanking him and telling him that Jesus loves him all the same. There is no wonder why Christians get a bad rap. Many are outright hateful towards gays, which is in direct conflict with the Bible's teachings.

Sure, I believe the lifestyle is sinful. But so is living a lifestyle of murder, stealing, lying, sleeping around, etc. All sins, and all equally wrong. Cherry-picking which sins are "worse" than others and unworthy of grace and mercy is wrong and sinful. These people do NOT represent true followers of Jesus. Their words and deeds are dripping with venom.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

digigeek
The obvious question is how or why did they just assume the waiter was gay? Did they have homosexual sex with him? Did he walk up and announce his sexual preference to them? No? So, they just "assumed" he was and punished him based on profiling? Brilliant.

Im of the opinion that either this is a fabricated event for political gain, or it is an act of person or persons that call themselves christian but represent Christianity about as much as the Taliban represent Islam.
Religious fanaticism is evil regardless of the religion being fanaticized.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Essentially I agree with you but the thing I have a problem with is how you say they are not true followers of Christ. It seems every time self identifying Christians do something dispicable other Christians denounce them as Christians or true Christians. As you pointed out all Christians sin by there own standards but in the Christian religions they are forgiven for those sins because they except Christ. If all sins are essentially equal then they are all equally forgiven so those two who wrote the nasty letter can be considered just as Christian as anyone else.

Other Christians do not have the authority to throw them out of the religion. As far as I know the catholic religion can excuminicate followers but that requires those in authoritive positions to do so. We also do not know if that couple is catholic or not. So bassicly if they identify as Christians then they are Christians and by the rules laid out in the bible the only authority to say otherwise does not reside on earth. Unless of course there is someone without sin here to cast that stone.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Glass

Perhaps the real message is something along these lines:
"Hey, you guys should hate eachother and pay no attention to the Government which is fornicating all of you with a long rusty rod."
edit on 27/10/2013 by Glass because: addendum

I think we have a winner!!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

OneManArmy

digigeek

Im of the opinion that either this is a fabricated event for political gain, or it is an act of person or persons that call themselves christian but represent Christianity about as much as the Taliban represent Islam.
Religious fanaticism is evil regardless of the religion being fanaticized.

Both scenarios entirely possible...however, KCTV FOX is probably contactable to explain thier 'fabricated' news story (and waiting staff are probably refused tipping on other grounds that are far less contraversial)...

Hopefully for them, the waiter is not the new messiah in disguise...and 2000 years later we could be discussing the story with apologists claiming it was made up...but something like that could never happen - in reverse

Å99

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join