It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Formation Above Dallas Clouds Oct 25

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The pictures say it all, I searched for another article and found a lot of this sort of thing happens in Dallas.

The light source appears to be above the clouds and I think pilots can confirm that airports don't do this sort of thing to help planes land in this sort of weather. So I don't believe the are spot lights from the ground or reflections of the street lamps. Notice they change formation.

The first formation reminds me of the constellation Orion.

Photos here

Best,
CM

EDIT:
Commenters from the DFW area are running the gamut between an art installation that was going on, the state fair, the airport and Haunted House attractions, all using spotlights.

I think in all of these cases the beam of light (the light source) would be seen coming from the ground. These lights appear above the clouds, and don't appear to be reflecting on the bottom of the clouds.
edit on 25-10-2013 by CajunMetal because: to be more objective

edit on 25-10-2013 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunMetal

I saw these on Imgur earlier and looked for a news story and couldn't find anything at all. I really hope someone has some info on them because they look awesome! I love a good mystery, but an explanation would make me happy too, lol.

I noticed someone on Imgur said they were from a runway, or something like that. Would be awesome if someone managed to come up with a video so we can see how they "behave."

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I live in dallas but I haven't seen that, granted i'm not always looking

But I have seen some glowing lights during one of our stronger storms a few months back it looked like a revolving searchlight in the clouds and i tryed to follow it in my car but the rain was way to much for me to be looking up and driving at the same time, so i went back home. nothing found.

Why don't they come down?

I've had a few dreams of sitting in my back yard talking to an alien about life.
edit on 25-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well if this isn't intriguing information, I don't know what is! These pics are awesome! I wonder what these light formations are? Did we actually catch UFO's?? These are some really nice pics, good find OP!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I could only find articles here at ATS mentioning similar phenomenon.

There were some pilots who spoke up about the runway lights, though, and confirm airports don't do that, they're guided in in another way. Also the light source appears to come from above the clouds and not shining up from below.

Hope more info comes to light

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Light show device on the ground pointed at the clouds.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Except you can't see the light beams from the ground up....Nice try, but try again me thinks!

This one isn't going to be easily debunked I am afraid.....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

They'd appear on the bottom of the clouds then right? And not from above them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Honestly no.. Because you would see the direction the light came from if it were strong enough to touch the clouds, light isn't invisible before it hits clouds after all -_-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Someone in the comments of the linked photos mentioned a lowflying C5. I've found an image of the undercarriage and I don't see corresponding lights. Also that would be an extremely loud, not to mention HUGE, C5. Like Howard Hughes Spruce Moose crazy large, amirite?

Here's the C5 image.

Best,
CM

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Weather underground shows the Dallas area had clear skies during the night hours of the 24 and 25.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That second photograph has a clear straight formation..Weird lets hope more info or videos show up?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That's interesting, for sure, thank you for checking!

Best,
CM

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Someone on the image page mentioned the Texas state fair. A search states it ends on the 19th but there could still be activity there.

www.bigtex.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I really just need to know why this guy thinks this hairstyle is anything more than laughable. What the heck? Why his friends don't tell him it looks stupid is beyond me. I live in LA and have seen allot of hairstyles, but do not think I would see this even in West Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

CajunMetal
So I don't believe the are spot lights from the ground
Notice they change formation.

I've seen spotlights from the ground light up clouds in exactly this way.
They're arranged on a rotating platform, pointing upwards... with the specific purpose of creating the exact moving display that is shown in the photos.

Those things.
Depending on how clear the air is, sometimes you see the vertical beam, other times you just see the spot on the clouds.

edit on 25-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

alfa1

CajunMetal
So I don't believe the are spot lights from the ground
Notice they change formation.

I've seen spotlights from the ground light up clouds in exactly this way.
They're arranged on a rotating platform, pointing upwards... with the specific purpose of creating the exact moving display that is shown in the photos.

Those things.
Depending on how clear the air is, sometimes you see the vertical beam, other times you just see the spot on the clouds.

edit on 25-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I can see that as a possibility but it's so overcast in that photo I believe you'd see the beam from the ground. And the light would be brighter and on the underside of the clouds, no?

Depending on how many lights the recent art show there had I'd say that this sort of thing was most likely the culprit, but I imagine it's expensive and cumbersome.
10 of those machines would take up a lot of space, enough maybe to skew the shape of the dot of light.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I really just need to know why this guy thinks this hairstyle is anything more than laughable.

It's not his fault, it was.......

Aliens.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Look like spotlights. But there's no video to tell. Spotlights on clouds can look very trippy. And depending on how low the cloud base is and if it's misty/foggy, you won't exactly see the actual beams.
edit on 10/25/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join