It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first heartbreak ( I think my daughter may have hers soon) Thanks littled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hi guys

I just replied to a post that really got me thinking about my first love

That's awesome Cody!
Aaaaaahhhhhhh......... that first heart wrenching love!
Changed your whole life forever, didn't it?

Oh yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how !

The boy became a man

Sex for the first time became a selfless act, instead of selfish, I thought of her and how she might feel before doing something stupid.

Obviously we couldn't actually be seen together in public, she was a mod and I was a rocker

But when the fights started, I was right there protecting Sharon.

And then she left me

What can I say ? The man needed his mum and I cried my eyes out, mum cried as well.

I swore I would never have kids that day.........................................

So as a parent .........

Now my 17 year old daughter has her first boyfriend. I'm a continent away.

And I have the EL AL booking page in my favourites list.

I simply have to be there to hold her when it goes wrong, and tell her I love her. And hopefully make her laugh.

I'm dreading that day in one way.

But on the other hand ..............................

Cody

That first heart break just never leaves you does it.

But you would give it up ?

Cody

edit on 25/10/13 by cody599 because: EDIT to make clearer

edit on 25/10/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There, there, Son. There are plenty more fish in the ocean. Have a spot o' tea and put it behind you. She was a tart, anyway.

love, Mum

p.s. serious'y, I would not trade that first heartbreak for anything!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Yeah thanks mum

I owe you so much and she WAS NOT a tart.

Prodigal Son

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

When the time comes Cody you will do just fine! You may feel helpless, confused and a tad bit murderous- but as long as you just remember to do way more listening than talking all will turn out well!

When your daughters experience their first true heartbreaks it is more gut wrenching than experiencing it yourself....all you want to do is take their pain away.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, if you're anything like me, and I think you are, then helping others cope with heartbreak is much easier than dealing with your own. I'm still having a rough go with the last one.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't trade mine either. Not really because of the "love" part but because of all the lessons it taught me. I look back on those days now thinking how stupid I was.
Really. There are 3 or 4 relationships that I am so thankful DIDN'T work out and those same 3 or 4 I have a hard time believing now.... that I stuck with, put up with, cried over, etc. I got married right when I turned 20 and am getting ready to celebrate my 17th anniversary. Even though I was still fairly young when I married, I can not believe how young I was mentally before then. I was with one guy for 6 years on and off and I cringe every time I think about that relationship now.

I guess those are the relationships that help us prepare for more mature relationships/marriage though and without those experiences, I may not have hung in with my husband during the rougher years of our marriage.

I am like you though Cody. My daughter will be 16 next month. I am waiting for her first big heartbreak and am surprised/relieved she hasn't been in a hurry like I was to experience it.

Something tells me that you will be everything she needs you to be when that time comes. She's a lucky girl to have a father that even bothers to think about things like that. Truly.
edit on 10/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join