It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Feds confiscate investigative reporter’s confidential files during raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Read this whole article:

A search warrant obtained by TheDC indicates that the August raid allowed law enforcement to search for firearms inside her home.But without Hudson’s knowledge, the agents also confiscated a batch of documents that contained information about sources inside the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration, she said.

After the search began, Hudson said she was asked by an investigator with the Coast Guard Investigative Service if she was the same Audrey Hudson who had written a series of critical stories about air marshals for The Washington Times over the last decade. The Coast Guard operates under the Department of Homeland Security.

She said she asked Bosch why they took the files. He responded that they needed to run them by TSA to make sure it was “legitimate” for her to have them.“‘Legitimate’ for me to have my own notes?” she said incredulously on Wednesday.

Whole Article

If this is true, it should send chills down any journalists back. Homeland Security comes in full body armor at 4:30 in the morning to check for Guns because her husband, Paul Flanagan, was found guilty in 1986 to resisting arrest in Prince George’s County. The warrant called for police to search the residence they share and seize all weapons and ammunition because he is prohibited under the law from possessing firearms.

What is wrong with America?????

Please read the article.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Seems to me the husbands guns were the excuse and she was the target with the blessing of the current administration and some help from the NSA, (who would never target a citizen).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Oh dear.

S&F 2nd line.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Major witchhunt going on here.
First, there is no probable cause for a search.
Her husband works as an ordinance technician (fixes guns, cannons, missiles?)
But he can't own any?
Doesn't matter, all the guns they stole were hers anyway.
Then they seize her files full of interviews with anonymous whistleblowers who are now either going to lose their jobs or maybe their heads.
This is full scale war on the American public and we better wake up to it.
Your rights are an illusion.
Push comes to shove your rights are gone.

important story I agree.
People should read the whole thing to smell the #$@ coming from DC.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I agree, the arms search warrant was just a pretext for searching the house for those files, which are NOT even mentioned in the Search Warrant.

She was singled out because of the news articles she wrote.

Everyone needs to read the whole article.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What really makes it suspicious is that they had to do this based on a event that happend 27 years ago. They just HAD to exercise the warrant at 4:30 AM because of that???? Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
More from the front lines, time has come to criminalize gun ownership. As for her notes, well the right to speak your mind, to speak the truth has become a criminal offense? Very sad, hope the whole mess changes direction or we are lost.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
When I read articles like that I realise that freedom of speech is dead and the Gestapo are on the rise, and people in law enforcement agencies stick together like s..t to a blanket.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The documents also note that Victor Hodgin, the trooper in the criminal investigation division of the Maryland State Police whose name is on the search warrant, accessed Flanagan’s Facebook account in his investigation.

“Records maintained by www.Facebook.com will allow him to further implicate Paul Roland Flanagan in the illegal possession [of] firearms,” he wrote.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I never understood this old homeless squatter friend of mine until now. He wound up moving to Hawaii and eats wild chickens and coconuts, at least according to the last correspondence I got from him.

Sometimes you see things about the world and it becomes less and less savory to be a part of it.

I can't believe this is happening, very surreal and definitely makes you feel powerless.

The only hope these days is outlets like Wikileaks.

If the government starts shutting internet down then there's even less hope.

new topics

top topics

join