It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RatZilla Captured In China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I wouldn`t like to taste a nutria rat ....but maybe a feeding solution in war times

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

It`s just a RAT thread on ATS R.A.T.S. lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

yep i remember that, saying that they were causing to much damage to the delta.
here is a article . Giant Swamp Rats Are Literally Eating Louisiana they even give the nutria credit for a hand in climate change. see it's not all man made.

What kind of steps have been taken to try and control nutria?
Well, a campaign was started a while back to try and get people to eat them. They had celebrity chefs come up with gourmet nutria dishes and everything. And they really don't taste bad; I've had nutria slim jims and jambalaya, and it's quite tasty. I think people would like it if they didn't know it was a swamp rat. But tell them that, and there's no way they are going to finish their dinner. So that program failed, and now in the last six years or so, there has been a program in place that offers trappers five dollars for every nutria tail they bring in. It's decent money for farmers or fishermen, who only have seasonal income and, for now at least, it is keeping the population somewhat in check.

edit on 25-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Come on, guys. Don't be so picky! A nutria is clean, eats only plants (so they are a LOT better than cat or dog meat), doesn't eat or play in poop or carrion, and has a sweet, chicken-like taste.

It's sort of like squirrel, only bigger and you only need one.

And it's WAY better than eating road-kill possum. Or ants. Or cattail tubers. Or Ranger chicken.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Bisman
broke 2 knives when trying to cut up?

the hell kind of knives were these... i mean any creature can be cut up with most knives lol

Well, since you asked, they were most likely knives of Chinese manufacturer. Now they may have been your typical plastic takeout knives or they might have been Chinese Survival knives they don't say but I can guarantee you that the knives and not the rat were the problem.

If my knife couldn't cut through something before it was cooked (they did cook it, right?) then I certainly wouldn't want to eat it afterwards.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by AQ6666

Yes, could be a muskrat. But the sickest thing about the post, and about threads of other animals, is somebody in their home countries always wants to eat them.

Don't knock it until you try it! Many countries and their people will eat rat (along with other unsavory things to the western mind) however, Nutria is so bad that not even a Cajun can make it eatable.

search.yahoo.com...=A0oG7jvsn2pSBRwATztXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'B0cjVvZHZmBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDMxNF8x/SIG=13mnmit0p/EXP=1382748268/* *http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images%3f_adv_prop=image%26fr=slv1-gl-gen1%26va=nutria%2brat

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
you know what jambalaya means for don't you?

throw that in there.
edit on 25-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Man, there's nothing wrong with nutria, in terms of flavor. It's sort of like rabbit or squirrel. WAY better than possum, 'coon or armadillo.

eta: if you've ever had cuy, it's a lot like that. Nutria pizza would probably rock.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Bedlam
Man, there's nothing wrong with nutria, in terms of flavor. It's sort of like rabbit or squirrel. WAY better than possum, 'coon or armadillo.

eta: if you've ever had cuy, it's a lot like that. Nutria pizza would probably rock.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Good thing everyone does not like the same thing or there might not be enough to go around...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

727Sky

Good thing everyone does not like the same thing or there might not be enough to go around...

As a yoot, the folks drilled us on food flexibility. I am up for anything except peaches and boiled okra.

I even passed the Ranger chicken test in about 15 seconds flat. O'course, it helps a lot if you're a farm kid and have spent years converting live chickens into Sunday dinner without giving it a second thought. In that case, you've only got one issue to get past.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Yeah In China the rats chase and eat the cats .

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
R.O.U.S's??

I don't believe in them. Now back to the fire swamp.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

AQ6666
reply to post by Riffrafter

It`s just a RAT thread on ATS R.A.T.S. lol

So, it's rats on RATs...in a dirty glass?

Jeez...I'm really dating myself. 1000 ATS bonus points if anyone can remember the character/show where the above butchered paraphrase comes from...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Bisman
broke 2 knives when trying to cut up?

the hell kind of knives were these... i mean any creature can be cut up with most knives lol

they were made in china

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

AQ6666
reply to post by Visitor2012

Yep, LOL ..... Is it me or rats are getting bigger and bigger ?

It's the radiation....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join