It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation for Dummies - The hypocrisy of the Self-Righteous Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The hypocrisy of the self righteous Christian?
Heck .. this thread could have been about the hypocrisy of the self righteous .. period.
I've run into a lot of self righteous fundamentalist christians. But ditto self righteous muslims.
And self righteous atheists. ETC There is a lot of self righteousness ...

Funny .. I've never met a self righteous Hindu or Wiccan.
I've met Hindus and Wiccans, but not self righteous ones.
Not yet anyways ....

edit on 10/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Good post as always. The difference between the saved and unsaved is the quickening of the spirit that takes place when someone calls upon the name of the Lord and is saved. Once this quickening takes place, there is a new creature created and the battle begins. The battle is between the "old man" and "new man" as Paul describes in Colossians 3. Every Christian must make the conscious choice to "put on the new man" everyday, and by doing so one lives in the spirit and not the flesh. Paul said that he dies everyday, meaning that he dies in the flesh everyday and puts on the new man.

As far a judging others is concerned, it is not wrong to judge someone so long as you are not guilty of the same offense. One must "remove the beam from their own eye" as the Bible says. In other words, it is OK to judge as long as you are not being a hypocrite. I am overweight, and if I were to judge someone for eating too much then I would be a hypocrite, however if I were to judge someone for cheating on their spouse I would not be a hypocrite because I have never, nor will I ever, cheat on my wife. Judging someone is Biblical when you rebuke someone sharply for false teachings, as found in Titus. There are times when believers are commanded to judge, as long as the humility of the one judging remains in tact and the realization that your righteousness comes from Christ and not of yourself.
edit on 25-10-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

good point

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I know you really like the loaf analogy, but I brought this point up in another thread and you ended up ignoring it.

If Jesus is the loaf, and we are slices of the loaf, and mold is sin, how is the loaf any good when all the slices have mold on them? If all the slices (us) sin, then the loaf is no good because it is moldy all the way through.

Do you choose to eat a moldy loaf of bread?
edit on 26-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I know you really like the loaf analogy, but I brought this point up in another thread and you ended up ignoring it.

If Jesus is the loaf, and we are slices of the loaf, and mold is sin, how is the loaf any good when all the slices have mold on them? If all the slices (us) sin, then the loaf is no good because it is moldy all the way through.

Do you choose to eat a moldy loaf of bread?

Mold would be a good way to look at it, but the Bible uses leaven to compare to sin. Fresh baked bread is rarely moldy. Leaven is a good analogy in that we are replacing leaven with the bread of life. Christ, in this example, is the new dough. We look to the blood of Christ to create the new seed of wheat for the new loaf. Beyond this day and age, there will come a better seed that will replace the entire batch of previously leavened bread.

Again, look at Father being Aleph Bet (Letters - Aleph being strength and Bet being House) and the Son being Bet (House) Nun (Seed). We are the house of the seed. I will also repeat that the Bible is not simply for us to read. There are other powers and principalities that have the keys to this knowledge. For instance, who were the letters in Revelation written to? Angels.

edit on 26-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Leaven is a poor word to use for sin.

The definition of leaven is this: a pervasive influence that modifies something or transforms it for the better.

Does sin modify and transform us for the better? If so, that would mean it is a good thing. Is sin a good thing? I think not. Your analogy of sin being leaven makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Leaven is a poor word to use for sin.

The definition of leaven is this: a pervasive influence that modifies something or transforms it for the better.

Does sin modify and transform us for the better? If so, that would mean it is a good thing. Is sin a good thing? I think not. Your analogy of sin being leaven makes no sense.

If you are selective with your definition, I suppose you can make it say what you want. Before mankind had reason or sentience, they were unaware of their own existence beyond the presence of God and the garden. Add a choice, and suddenly opposites become the lessons to develop value in choice and design with intent. We needed the knowledge of good and evil to know the difference between the two.

Leaven-a substance, typically yeast, that is added to dough to make it ferment and rise.

Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the material world for what purpose?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

To rise to new life, right? Well, I have a different view on what baptism symbolizes, it symbolizes reincarnation, being dipped into the water (amniotic fluid of a new womb) in order to be born again literally and rise to a brand new life.

Does sin help us to grow? Or does it only hinder us?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually, from the Jewish perspective, leaven is sin. That's why they sweep the house prior to Passover and as Jesus said, "a little leaven" was enough to cause trouble.

As Passover meant they were not to make any bread with leaven, and as Jesus Christ represents the Passover, then He sweeps His floor, meaning He gets rid of sin.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I want to know, how OP has psychologically removed themselves from the switch and shift 'hypocrisy and self-righteousness' to pen a tract that displays hypocrisy and self-righteousness...

Å99

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

To rise to new life, right? Well, I have a different view on what baptism symbolizes, it symbolizes reincarnation, being dipped into the water (amniotic fluid of a new womb) in order to be born again literally and rise to a brand new life.

Does sin help us to grow? Or does it only hinder us?

Sin opens our eyes from experience. Just like the bread, rising is the point. We are under a guardian.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You say that we are under a guardian, but one of the verses you cited says that we are no longer under a guardian. Am I missing something here?

How can Jesus be without sin when the individual slices of his loaf are full of sin? If we are slices of the loaf and Jesus is the loaf itself, how can you consider Jesus to be sinless when every slice of bread that makes up his loaf is sinful?

Would you say a loaf of bread full of mold or leaven has no mold or leaven at all? How does this make any sense? That is what you're doing here, calling a moldy loaf of bread perfectly good to eat.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

You say that we are under a guardian, but one of the verses you cited says that we are no longer under a guardian. Am I missing something here?

How can Jesus be without sin when the individual slices of his loaf are full of sin? If we are slices of the loaf and Jesus is the loaf itself, how can you consider Jesus to be sinless when every slice of bread that makes up his loaf is sinful?

Would you say a loaf of bread full of mold or leaven has no mold or leaven at all? How does this make any sense? That is what you're doing here, calling a moldy loaf of bread perfectly good to eat.

He is the firstfruits of the process. You then ask, who is Christ from the beginning if this is a process?

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[h]”

Clearly, the Redeemer is Adam. Check Luke 3 at the end. Did the Son of God create Adam in the beginning? This is the point. The Son of God is the Shepherd within us all. Son in Hebrew is Bet Nun (House of Seed). Christ is the Word and Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Alphabet). What do you write with letters of DNA? This is a process for all of us and as Jesus said, "you must be born again."

edit on 26-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So Adam is both the one who brought sin into the world and the one who takes it away? If Adam is Jesus (the redeemer), then how could Jesus have been sinless when he is the one who brought sin into the world?

How is Jesus a sinless loaf when all the slices of the loaf contain sin? You're not making any sense. Your theology is flawed, you're saying two opposite things are both right. A sinful loaf is sinless? That doesn't make sense, sorry.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So Adam is both the one who brought sin into the world and the one who takes it away? If Adam is Jesus (the redeemer), then how could Jesus have been sinless when he is the one who brought sin into the world?

How is Jesus a sinless loaf when all the slices of the loaf contain sin? You're not making any sense. Your theology is flawed, you're saying two opposite things are both right. A sinful loaf is sinless? That doesn't make sense, sorry.

What is bread before it is bread? Unrefined material. What are you as a child of God? As a sheep wandering the wilderness, what changes your course on the path? The Shepherd. I am making perfect sense. The Son of God willingly entered this domain to reconcile all things back to God. Involution is a process to evolve back again. It is a process of developing individuation from the whole.

Read here: Involution Evolution

Are you a parent? You do the same thing. How does God raise HIS son? How does His Son raise us? How do you raise your children? How will they raise theirs? God is holy. We are not. Adam was not Holy. Jesus is. Your premise depends on a job well done or a flawed experience.

What teaches you more? Living in bliss with no worries or concerns? No. Living with something to overcome that constantly teaches you the value from experience.

E. A. Poe

"V. All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure, in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven."

The best way to value perfection is to understand imperfection. The best way to value love is to first experience hate. The best way to raise your own awareness is to assist someone else in the same. By teaching, you learn twice.

God is raising children.

edit on 27-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I totally understand what you mean by needing the bad to appreciate the good, and I agree 100%, BUT that's not my point. My point is that you say Jesus is a sinless loaf while also believing that all the individual slices of his loaf are sinful.

Compare that to an actual loaf of bread with sin being leaven. How can you say that a loaf of bread is leaven free when it is chock full of leaven? How can you say Jesus is sinless when his body (us) is chock full of sin?

By the way, Jesus is not the loaf, God is the loaf, we are all slices of the loaf with Jesus also being one of those slices. Paul has misled you. God is all in all, he is the loaf, Jesus was just one of the slices trying to make the other slices (us) aware of the loaf that we are a slice of.
edit on 27-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is rich, EWR aka SuperiorEd, author of a flood of pompous, preachy and self-righteous threads (posted almost on a daily basis) is attempting to berate other self-righteous Christians for their hypocrisy???

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I totally understand what you mean by needing the bad to appreciate the good, and I agree 100%, BUT that's not my point. My point is that you say Jesus is a sinless loaf while also believing that all the individual slices of his loaf are sinful.

Compare that to an actual loaf of bread with sin being leaven. How can you say that a loaf of bread is leaven free when it is chock full of leaven? How can you say Jesus is sinless when his body (us) is chock full of sin?

By the way, Jesus is not the loaf, God is the loaf, we are all slices of the loaf with Jesus also being one of those slices. Paul has misled you. God is all in all, he is the loaf, Jesus was just one of the slices trying to make the other slices (us) aware of the loaf that we are a slice of.
edit on 27-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

God is all in all at the end of the process.

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

There is a process. The Shepherd is the one leading the flock. By this, He himself learns what it means to have a flock and lead it with wisdom. No gift can be given unless it is first earned. When we say that Jesus lived as the Last Adam apart from sin, we are showing the progression of Adam One to Adam Last. The last life is the one that conquered sin and death. It is a progression. Jesus had to be fully man in ALL ways. Like us, He must be born again. God was not pleased with the Son of God until the moment the Spirit of God rested upon Him at baptism. He had to experience baptism. This was the point of why they asked him the reason for his immersion. It's clear. He has been here with us the entire time and is today as well. We simply do not yet realize who he is. He is all of us as the body.

Do we sin? Yes. As you say, the bread cannot rise apart from leaven. The head does not have sin. Christ is the head. He is the crown above. We are the body in corruption below. The picture here is of a Shepherd leading the flock through danger. Not only do the sheep develop a coat of wool, the shepherd must get dirty in the process.

A new robe comes from the wool of the sheep. Who wears the wool? The shepherd. Who grows a new coat back again? The wool is the suffering of the saints.

edit on 27-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

EWR is SuperiorEd? are you sure? If so Enoch why change to a new name eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

If you think there is a case of multiple user accounts by the same person, then hit the 'alert' button and notify the moderators. Tell them the names of the suspected multiple users. They can check IP addresses and determine a course of action if required ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So God is not all in all at the moment? If so, how can he be considered God at all?

If Jesus is only the heel, he cannot be considered the entire loaf itself, only the end of the loaf, a slice of it as I said in my previous post. He was a slice of the loaf called God just like you and I.

If he is the whole loaf, he is full of sin because we the slices are as well. You're not grasping the concept I'm trying to convey, and I have a feeling it is because of your preconceived notions and unwillingness to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join