It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Spots Light Show in the Middle of the Ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Pimpintology

It's where the fish (squid) are.
Why fish where they aren't?

edit on 10/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

are there so few fish (squid) left that they need to compete so heavily ?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. If there were few squid there would not be so many fishermen.
There are so many that they want to take advantage of it.

“Squid aggregate in high concentrations at the shelfbreak because it is a very productive area during austral spring and summer,” said Marina Marrari, a biological oceanographer with Argentina’s Servicio de Hidrografia Naval (Hydrographic Service). At the shelfbreak front, microscopic plant-like organisms—phytoplankton—explode in population in various seasons. This “grass of the sea” feeds zooplankton and fish, which then become food for Illex argentinus and other marine creatures.

www.earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

edit on 10/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

fair call makes sense.....there is a lot I do not know about the ocean....thankyou for clearing that up

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
How much power would need to be generated for this much light?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is the image

It is obviously the Kraken...

Theyre not fishing for squid...

It IS a GIANT SQUID

On a side note, the lights you see on the main land are obviously towns/citys.
That is a hell of a lot of boats, like every boat in south america.

edit on 26-10-2013 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Oannes
Most likly canidate? Underwater USO base. NO joke. South America is a hotspot for UFO activity. A perfect base would be directly under the continent. You could monitor everything from there.

Everywhere is a hot spot on here it seems

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Is this anywhere near the "south atlantic anomaly"?
Is this a ruptured oil well on fire?
Whatever it is i will stick pins in my testes if them lights are fishing boats.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

About 300 kilowatts.

Working in these high chlorophyll areas, fishermen from South America and Southeastern Asia light up the ocean with powerful lamps that attract the plankton and fish species that the squid feed on. The squid follow their prey toward the surface, where they are easier for fishermen to catch with jigging lines. Squid boats can carry more than a hundred of these lamps, generating as much as 300 kilowatts of light per boat.

www.earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
And they light up a tenth of the earth, lol
I have just realized that this is where the nazis live
edit on 27-10-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Anyone consider the possibility of a pole shift and causing a reflection of a "Aurora Borealis" like lighshow off of the water surface.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you overlap the map with a real map, it is very easy to see that the lights border the Falkland Islands. Since the Falkand Island's economy is pretty much entirely based on industrial scale fishing, I wouldnt be surprised if these are fishing boats.
These boats use sphisticated sonar to detect the squid which is why it isnt unusual that the boats are stationed so close together.

On June 17th a Chinese ship was illegally caughtwith 200 tons of squid on board. The scale of this operation is mindblowing:

qz.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that many here seem to horribly underestimate the scale of commercial fishing, there are a few additional factors that would explain this event.

First of all, these fishermen are basically sitting on top of a mirror (the ocean surface) When you direct incredibly powerful lights against the ocean, it will be a lot more visible than some diffused lighting from streetlights and interior lighting spilling out into the streets, which gets absorbed and reflected far more than a light in the middle of the ocean. These aren't just cabin lights from the ships, these are very, very powerful lights.

Second, you have tons and tons of extremely powerful lights covering an area greater than any city on the continents. Each and every one of these lights is extremely powerful, compared to a city where you have mostly (relatively) dim street lights, building interior/exterior lighting, etc which covers a smaller area. It makes perfect sense these ships would show up so bright.

As to why they would all congregate together so close, well they aren't bumper to bumper, think about gas and dust clouds in the universe. We see large clouds from our perspective, if you actually got up close you wouldn't see anything, it's just tiny grains of dust very far apart, that from far away appear to be a large thick cloud. There are many ships down there, and they are relatively close together, but they wouldn't need to be as close as some assume.

And the idea put forth by Phage that the fisherman are simply following concentrations of whatever they are looking for explains perfectly why they would all be together in the first place. But nah, lets ignore logic for a bit, under sea bases and alien communication arrays are much more fun.

And to the person who claimed that there would be facebook and twitter posts about this..... uh what? These guys are fishermen, not 15 year old girls. Go around twitter and facebook and find how many commercial fisherman tweet and update facebook all day while on ship. What do you want them to say? "LOLZ chek it guise! i'm out fishin and so are tons of other boats, but they are too far away to really see well so I won't bother with a picture"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

digigeek
reply to post by joyride0187

I seriously doubt that a boat fleet that large would somehow have stayed in that elaborate formation for FIVE days. Doesn't that strike anyone else as extremely odd and unlikely?

I disagree. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! If you've ever gone fishing you know that schools of fish move through the water and, if you want to catch them, you move with them.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If the answer was something as simple as fishing boats, these lights should have been seen on a somewhat regular basis. Fishing boats wouldn't make a pattern almost like a star but rather be a random congregation. Why aren't there boats between the lines radiating from the center?
edit on October 29th 2013 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Light Anomalies!

reply to post by seabhac-rua

This thread really has left me scratching my head a little as each One of those Dots/Lights would indicate a Single boat! Which Alone is seen to glow Brighter than the cities/settlements on the landmass of South America! Now it's a taken that the lights on modern-day fishing boats are significantly brighter than years gone by! Even when fleets come together in large numbers, yr looking at an area Well Over 200Km/121 Miles as per the index scale shown. When yr looking at interesting discrepancies like these over such a large area, that's a Helluva lot of light& power needed to illuminate such a Vast area! Greater than the size of nearly Every U.S. City centre alone, so I'm Not Quite 'Buying' the answer/explanation put forward from the Society Of Intergalactic Bull# aka NASA (Never A Straight Answer) Were these fishing boats nuclear powered? As yr looking at an inordinate amount of Energy to light up such a Massive area, Which when you compare that to the lighting needed for a city - you would be looking at Thousands of boats not hundreds! But an interesting conundrum non the less.
Would be interesting to know IF there were Any military Vessels in the area??

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Craninalbliss

Anyone consider the possibility of a pole shift and causing a reflection of a "Aurora Borealis" like lighshow off of the water surface.

Nope. I think there would be more signs of that than some lights off of lower So. America. Lower So. America isn't that densely populated, so seeing fewer lights on land is not that surprising.
edit on 10/30/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Definitely not boats. The searchlights of boats or
vessels are not directed towards the sky

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
And they light up a tenth of the earth, lol
I have just realized that this is where the nazis live
edit on 27-10-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

At 4am my phone can light up my whole garden..guessing a few boats with big lights can do much more, as the OPs picture shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join