It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In the old ATS I had friends on the second page but showed no friends on the first page of the profile. I would get notifications that some had made me a friend but there was no way of accepting the friend and showing that this person was a friend of mine. The other places I used to post had a friend request which I would approve, after all if someone wanted to be my friend I was all right with that and they showed up as my friend.

Now in the system here, I know that many had me listed as friends but I did not know what to do to say ok. So now I still have no friends on my profile. I do not understand this, there is no longer a second page that I can find to see who had me as a friend either. I am not sure what I am supposed to do when someone lists me as a friend.

I am friends with most people here I thought. Very few people piss me off. I even like constructive criticism, it gives me incentive to research different things that I know little about. I also like to try to understand the minds of people who do not think like me to find out what they are thinking. This helps me to relate to others in the real world.

Maybe I should have started this thread a long time ago. I always wondered why we need to have friends listed in the first place, it seems it causes polarization of people on the site. It makes people "of a kind" and sometimes when a person belongs to a group it can make them appear as if they can only think like the people in their group.

I prefer to call everyone a friend and teacher, I learn from everyone and even though I do not see eye to eye with everyone at all times, they are often right about certain subjects. That is why I don't like the foe classification they had, it steers a person to be more of a foe on all subjects...which is not the case.

So everyone who has me as a friend, is a friend of mine automatically even if they are not listed on my profile as a friend. Sorry if I have not added you as a friend, I didn't pay attention and did not know what I was supposed to do.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

when someone adds you as a friend, copy their name and put it in the search until you see a post they have made.
go to the bottom of their avatar and you will see a small figure. click on that and you will see friend on right hand side.
click again on that and you have added them as a friend

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

But now the list of the people who added me as a friend of theirs is gone. I can't do it anymore cause I do not remember who did it. I tried to find it but can't. Maybe a mod can find it. I suppose it doesn't matter, I am a friend to anyone who made me a friend. Some of the people who had me as a friend I did not always agree with either, but they were still friends. I do not automatically agree with friends in the real world either. I suppose this is part of the real world nowadays so I have to call it real even though I do not know the people personally.

If I were to add you to my list, then what about the others who made me a friend. It would be unfair to not have those people recognized.

Maybe the mods can just write friends with everyone in my friends section
That would be a lot easier till someone with a screen name "everyone" shows up

Now I don't know what to do.
edit on 25-10-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I had a few hundred friends listed as well, my list (and apparently yours too) got ganked during the cut-over to the new design.

In regard to what you should do when someone friends you... You'll get a PM indicating member "_______" just made you their friend. If you want to acknowledge that shoot them a PM or go make them your friend.

edit on 10-25-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Well, I feel better, I am not alone anyway, I suppose there were quite a few that lost that second page to look at. It's one of those things, I figured I could ask someone in the future what to do and just go through my list someday.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Check your pms, they should be on there that added you as a friend. I added you as one so should be on it...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

When you go into your profile and click on your wall icon, your friends' posts are listed on the left. I really like this feature because it allows me to catch up on threads I probably missed and that I know I'll most likely want to read.

ETA: However like you, I have no idea if anyone added me to their friend list in the past, as I never saw that second page you speak about.
edit on 25-10-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You are on my friends list Ricky.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Has anyone heard from Heff yet? This is kinda messed up.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Azarien

No.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Was the friends list moved again in the last couple of days? I am lost =\
Had about 5 or 6 people I liked reading their posts but now I can't find my list.

top topics

join