It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why couple has called time on turning the clocks back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Well Jane, our friend up north has come up with a scheme which could really put the rat amongst the haggis -- is he what Monty Python referred to as an "unexploded Scotsman ?" Will society survive ? Steady now ...

I'm definitely considering it, my level of temporal awareness being vestigial at best, and synchronicity with the rest of the planet never having been my forte.

I will change my watch, but not my habits.
The birdseed will be on the window-ledge an hour later by our standards.
My friendly aviators will not be fooled.
Breakfast at ten will have an air of indulgent decadence.
When others weaken, and take a lunch break, I will soldier on, polishing my motorcycle while discussing life the universe and everything with the tabby cat from number nine.
And if any of these catastrophes we fear actually happens .......
I was gone an hour ago.

mistersmith.

edit on 25-10-2013 by mistersmith because: added emphasis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Oh yeah, that's right, but they would only experience less daylight than the rest of us by getting up after the sun comes up. When it gets dark at around 5:00 I don't think anyone's in bed yet, so how can they claim that?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Personally, I would just leave it with DST. The time off-set works better for me since I spend half of my time talking to people in the Philippines. That one extra hour makes a huge difference for 4 months. I'm up earlier, and by the time I get used to it, it's time to change again.

Could we please just pick a time and stay with it? Plus, there would be less chance of hearing, "Oh, gee, I guess I forgot about the time change." ( You know, the one from 2 months ago...I actually heard that once)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Not seeing what difference a clock makes. Obviously, they don't have to work by clock hours, why do they think they have to get out of bed just because the clock says its a certain time?

They should just ignore the clock and go by their natural circadian cycle.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When my daughter was young I hated changing the clocks.
It totally disrupted the 'go to sleep' and 'wake up' schedule.
It would have been much easier on us with a young child not to change the clocks.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was just talking about this. I hate it, I don't know anyone who likes it. We are cattle, going along with this! Just another on the long list of reasons I despise Congress.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join