It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret NSA Base in New Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I was serching for something else, when I came across this page by accident. The National Security Agency has a secret base located at the entrance to the Coyote Canyon Area of the Sandia Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Until now, I had never heard of the base. the only listing of it seems to be a very short section at the top of the fallowing page: Secret Base Reports

Has anyone ever heard of this base before? Does anyone know where I can find more information on this base?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I dont beleive this is an NSA base....it looks to me like it is the Phillips Laboratory Starfire Optical Range located on Kirtland AFB, New Mexico.
You can read more about it here

I also have other pictures available if you want them

J~Rock

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You may have read of a telescope that saw the missing tiles on Columbia just before it's unfortunate demise.

This site was the place that did that.

Not tasked for the job, just a bunch of techs fiddling with their gear.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks for setting the record strait. Anyone can be wrong, and apperently I was wrong this time. I learnd something today!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Actually, you're not.

I have a friend, and someone that they know works for the NSA. I believe that they are training there right now... or were training. Either way, I know that they went to New Mexico for it.

Ice

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There could be reasons for NSA (or more likely NRO) people to visit this facility.

Why? They want to image either their own spy satellites currently in orbit (to see if there
is something wrong with it), or other people's secret satellites.

There have been rumors that the Chinese are working on "seeker robots", things
that slowly creep up on US spy satellites and barnacle themselves surreptitiously. Or
they could follow a few hundred meters away.

In the event of war, they blow up. (Satellites aren't ordinarily built with security cameras
looking at themselves).

top topics

join