It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran may be month from a bomb

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So Iran is within a month or so of their BOMB (if they have not already reached that point). The thing I find interesting about all this is that there are countries around the world that want to tell Iran what they can have and what they can't have. Can you imagine a group of countries telling Israel they can't develop some kind of weapon that others already have?

How would that go you think? Israel would give us a giant middle finger!!!!

I am NOT a Iran defender by any means and I am NOT in favor of Iran having a BOMB but the fact that we think we can dictate to another country what weapons they can have is hypocritical at best. US, Russia, United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea and Israel are all in the "club" at this point and we can go ahead and add Iran as well. Israel will not attack Iran over this and the US with Obama in charge definitely will not do anything other than complain at the UN and we all move on. It is what it is and can't be stopped at this point. The time for action was long ago at that ship has sailed!

Obama has no foreign policy. It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Please tell me how a war with Iran would MAKE the US trillions of dollars? That argument doesnt hold water at all. It would COST the US a TON of money and as far as allies buying arms, they are already buying arms and even the larges arms deals are only in the billions and billions and not TRILLIONS. Futhermore, amrs sales only makes money for the private arms companies...not the government. The government does not own, Boeing, Lockheed, etc.

crazyewok
I hate to say this but I think the US has to start a war. A big one too. Thats how it plans to cover it debts.

With its extreme debt the only was to pay it off like after the great depression/WW2 is to increase economic growth. The other altenative is cuts and austerity measures and the USA doesnt seem to want to look at that so the 1st seems on the table.

Well the biggest growth secter and only real manufactureing left in the USA is weapons. A nice war with Iran would bring in a few trillion $$$ as the allies that will jump on the war wagon (UK, France, Isreal, Saudi arabia ect) will be buying US arms like crazy along with any partasian groups. Hell why do you think the US govemnet is tripping over it self to arm syrian rebels? Not the goodness of there heart but pure $$$$$$.

Plus if they can kick the behive enough they may get into a situation were a draft has to come in, which Washington would LOVE I mean what better way to reduce the wellfare bill than to send the poor and unemployed off to die as cannon fodder? A very cheap way to imporve the unemployment problem.

Even if the USA loses in Iran it "wins". I mean there is no one able to actually attack the mainland so whats the risk? Win or loss it will make its money and if it loses the worse that can happen is Isreal gets blown up, the fat cats in DC are not at risk.
edit on 30-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I thought I would have a little look at the 'Source' of this report and it stunk of Israeli propoganda.

The reporter was Oren Dorell, the man who did an article on the sinking of the USS Liberty which was deliberately attacked by the USA's ally Israel some years ago. 200 odd people were either killed or injured and it took a number of years for the USA to get any form of compensation from Israel which evenually coughed up some $6,000,000 for the relatives and survivors although the ship alone was worth $40,000,000. This matter has been kept hidden a much as possible from the American people and Oren Dorell intended it would continue to be so. (to see the article I refer to I simply looked up Oren Dorell and the Liberty article written by a female journalist popped up.

The scope of his reporting was clearly to prevent damage to Israel and obviously Israel still pulls his chain.
Sorry Oren Dorell your reporting is not worth reading.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BugOut

I feel a little safer when countries without autocratic, dictatorial governments have those kinds of weapons. Not much, but a little. When the government shifts on a whim and is more responsive and divided by the will of the people, it seems to me that it's less likely for those weapons to ever leave the silos without a catastrophic breakdown of some sort.

Contrast that with a dictatorial or oligarchic government where you are relying on the sanity of a single person or very small junta of people. It's much easier for the whims of one person to control whether or not those weapons leave the silo.

That's the main reason Iran and North Korea scare me. I'm not very comfortable with Pakistan either because they're very close to losing control on a regular basis. Russia used to be scary, but we at least knew they wanted to rule the world enough that MAD would definitely work with them. Israel is held in check by the reality of the size of their tiny piece of land.

I'm getting less and less comfortable with our own system, but we haven't flipped the switch into a dictatorship or one party rule yet, so there's still some hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

crazyewok
I hate to say this but I think the US has to start a war. A big one too. Thats how it plans to cover it debts.

With its extreme debt the only was to pay it off like after the great depression/WW2 is to increase economic growth. The other altenative is cuts and austerity measures and the USA doesnt seem to want to look at that so the 1st seems on the table.

Well the biggest growth secter and only real manufactureing left in the USA is weapons. A nice war with Iran would bring in a few trillion $$$ as the allies that will jump on the war wagon (UK, France, Isreal, Saudi arabia ect) will be buying US arms like crazy along with any partasian groups. Hell why do you think the US govemnet is tripping over it self to arm syrian rebels? Not the goodness of there heart but pure $$$$$$.

Plus if they can kick the behive enough they may get into a situation were a draft has to come in, which Washington would LOVE I mean what better way to reduce the wellfare bill than to send the poor and unemployed off to die as cannon fodder? A very cheap way to imporve the unemployment problem.

Even if the USA loses in Iran it "wins". I mean there is no one able to actually attack the mainland so whats the risk? Win or loss it will make its money and if it loses the worse that can happen is Isreal gets blown up, the fat cats in DC are not at risk.

couldn't agree more !!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ah the sheer hypocrisy of it all! Iran cant have the bomb because there considered a wild card while its ok for the rest of us supposedly morally enlightened first world nations to possess such a device.

If it was not so sad it would be hilarious!
LoL

Iran is a gateway nuclear bomb country.

What next? Can you imagine if N. Korea and those nuts get a hold of a nuclear bomb next, the world would be immediately blown to pieces.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

No, I don't think that will work.

The only reason it might happen is if Obama is stupid enough to think he needs to follow FDR's pattern, and he really does believe that WWII was what saved us from the Depression and caused the after war boom of the '40s, '50s (it wasn't). In that sense, he seems truly ignorant enough of history and being able to look around and realize that our situation now it totally different that he might.

But starting WWIII won't actually save us from our debt.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

It's not that.

I look at it this way - the more hands control the trigger, the harder it is for the trigger to get pulled. The fewer hands control the trigger, the easier it is for that trigger to get pulled. With many hands, you have to convince the majority that the trigger needs to get pulled. With one hand, it only takes that one actor to decide.

If Iran and North Korea had more hands on the trigger, I'd be less worried about them.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People are stupid. "Oh oh we have bombs" says America "oh oh we don't have bombs" says Iran "We will use our bombs" says Russia
North korea says " Watch out for our bombs, America!"
China says "Our bomb is the best bomb get ready for the bomb!"

STOP MAKING BOMBS AND STOP BOMBING PEOPLE!!!!!

Edit: That or hurry up and melt my body and my home. Im tired of hearing of our "nuclear hellfire" no animal should have to worry about being inside the sun at the drop of hat.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Luuke123 because: Because i always need to edit, but when i do, i choose ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by BugOut

I feel a little safer when countries without autocratic, dictatorial governments have those kinds of weapons. Not much, but a little. When the government shifts on a whim and is more responsive and divided by the will of the people, it seems to me that it's less likely for those weapons to ever leave the silos without a catastrophic breakdown of some sort.

Contrast that with a dictatorial or oligarchic government where you are relying on the sanity of a single person or very small junta of people. It's much easier for the whims of one person to control whether or not those weapons leave the silo.

That's the main reason Iran and North Korea scare me. I'm not very comfortable with Pakistan either because they're very close to losing control on a regular basis. Russia used to be scary, but we at least knew they wanted to rule the world enough that MAD would definitely work with them. Israel is held in check by the reality of the size of their tiny piece of land.

I'm getting less and less comfortable with our own system, but we haven't flipped the switch into a dictatorship or one party rule yet, so there's still some hope.

Dictatorship doesn't necessarily means a bad thing. Take a look at Iraq today... US brought them democracy to blow up a bomb every second day.
It was different the time Husein was ruling the country....

A kid with weapons like North Korea, wants to play, wouldn't bother about him. Playing STRONG just to get attention.

Iran doesn't want a nuke, US already have tried this by building an nuclear plane in Tehran, so Iran can produce Uranium, they didn't wanted to. www.youtube.com...

but who knows... maybe thy are being pushed to develop one ?

oligarchic government rules the west world right now, monetary-military-industrial system.
They think just one, $$$, those I'm scared about.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

I did mention that I was getting less comfortable with our own system?

As to Kimmie in North Korea. No one knew what he was capable of because that country is so insular. He comes to power as a young kid and has to show that he can be strong. How far will he go? No one knows because no one knows him. His father was a known quantity and firmly in charge.

We don't know him as well.

And Iran is the same way. We don't know much about them except to know they are ruled by a small religious oligarchy controlled by one Ayatollah who professes to believe in the Islamic version of the End Times, specifically in bringing it about. That makes me uncomfortable the same way it would if I had someone in charge here telling me we had to wipe out 1/3 of the world's population for any reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

how can i feel safe

please tell me.

i a, so worried that i can't sleep at night.every little sound feels like iran attacking me.every little noise.i feel

suffocated

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

how can i feel safe

please tell me.

i a, so worried that i can't sleep at night.every little sound feels like iran attacking me.every little noise.i feel

suffocated

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Iran would struggle to get a nuke on a missle that could hit Isreal. The USA no chance, not for many many more years.

And seeing as they have no bluewater navy to speak of your safe from conventinal warfare too

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

crazyewok

Iran would struggle to get a nuke on a missle that could hit Isreal. The USA no chance, not for many many more years.

And seeing as they have no bluewater navy to speak of your safe from conventinal warfare too

But they don't play

fair

what if they use parcel it to America.using Fedex?

what if they get a suicide bomber to bring it to america across the porous mexican or cnadian border?
eh?

They are extremely sneaky and wish harm us because we have

democracy

we only have 3 weeks left to invade iran as according to this thread they are only a month away from getting this dangerous weapon.WE MUST INVADE AND STOP THIS DASTARDLY ACT FROM HAPPENING.

I VOTE FOR IMMEDIATE INVASION.

WE HAVE KEEP AMERICA SAFE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

beckybecky
reply to post by ketsuko

how can i feel safe

please tell me.

suffocated

With respect Beckybecky, i think you need a bit of a break from the news and could do with finding something positive to keep you busy. I know that bad stuff happens in the world, but good stuff does to. Go find some and your outlook will really benefit, take care.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

bloodreviara
Its gotta stop man, this is all just such BS, i dont buy it for one
minute, if they do get one or are about to, so what? are they
really going to be that insane? NK has them and an insane leadership
but you dont seem them tossing nukes about, now why would
Iran do that? knowing full well Russia could not help them
anymore than China could help NK if they went nuclear......

I for one think the world needs a godforsaken armistice for
a good 200 or 300 years, we warred hard guys, lets call it
a friggin epoch and kick back a few sheesh......
edit on 27-10-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

I agree. It no longer matters who is right or wrong, who did what to who, or who is worthy and trusting enough to have this or that. World leaders need to pull away from a tunnel vision approach and read some literature on where all of this has gotten us so far.

Atomic energy exists - bummer it's used inappropriately but Iran has done nothing wrong that has to do with us directly. I have a ton of empathy, and don't want to see anyone hurt but our very existence over there is only making it worse. It increases resistance - more people recruited or join causes due to wrongs they have encountered; breeds more hate toward those they attribute those wrongs to. Do we really need more of this?

I know there is history and we have pacts to keep but it isn't working out. The worst acts of terrorism have been born from our meddling. That threat is not going to go away for a very long time but we can at least reduce any grievances against us by stepping away now.

If Iran does something world changing then maybe we have a place but short of an atrocity like what Hitler did or a direct threat to us we would only make it worse by interfering. I see and attack on Iran as preventing something they only guess "could" happen to another Country in their region. If we help prevent what is only a possibility, we also see casualties and therefore increase loathing for the US, making them want to bomb US allies even more. Such an attack based on presumptions is like throwing both gas and a match into a pile of wood.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Maybe we should invade America cause they have nukes!

Its like speaking to a child

You do know they have been saying Iran will have the "bomb" in a month or a year or whatever for the last 20 odd years?

Why this any diffrent?

Plus they would not use a nuke anyway, if they did they know they would be nuked back. These are some random bunch of terrorists.

Plus what this BS about wanting to harm you cause of Democracy
you been watching too much fox new havent you?

If they want to harm you it because idiot American keep calling for Irans destruction, o and the fact the USA is propping up Arab nation on its border like saudi Arabia ect who are of a diffrent Islamic faction as well as a certain pesky jewish nation calling for its destruction. O and the fact the US has been invading its neigbours left right and center and supply arms to terrorists in the region to destabilise it. USA=Sneaky.

Yeah a bit more complicated....but I guess sound bites from Fox news and your lying polticians are what you understand.

Plus if you want war so much are you going down the recruiting office tomorrow to sign up?
edit on 31-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

crazyewok

Maybe we should invade America cause they have nukes!

Its like speaking to a child

You do know they have been saying Iran will have the "bomb" in a month or a year or whatever for the last 20 odd years?

Why this any diffrent?

Plus they would not use a nuke anyway, if they did they know they would be nuked back. These are some random bunch of terrorists.

Plus what this BS about wanting to harm you cause of Democracy
you been watching too much fox new havent you?

If they want to harm you it because idiot American keep calling for Irans destruction, o and the fact the USA is propping up Arab nation on its border like saudi Arabia ect who are of a diffrent Islamic faction as well as a certain pesky jewish nation calling for its destruction. O and the fact the US has been invading its neigbours left right and center and supply arms to terrorists in the region to destabilise it. USA=Sneaky.

Yeah a bit more complicated....but I guess sound bites from Fox news and your lying polticians are what you understand.

Plus if you want war so much are you going down the recruiting office tomorrow

to sign up?
edit on 31-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

you don't to understand.these people don't value life the way we do.they embrace death.they welcome death.
look at the daily bombing attacks in irak and afhanistan.ever single day.

a documentary on terrorists motivations confirmed that they have been promised 72 virgins in paradise by the men telling them to go on suicide missions.check it yourself.ok?

where do these bombers come from?

why do they do it?

their seems to an LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF THESE BOMBERS so it can't just be a small clique can it.they would have run out by now.

so they must be coming from the general populace who don't value life.

that why america must invade iran asap.

also you seem very dim.you said they don't have missiles that can attack america.

how did they 9/11 attacks happen?

they used PLANES.PLANES.PLANES.

Iran will use passenger carrying commercial planes either from iran or a third party country ,load it with a nuke and attack america using a cellphone or a suicide bomber to trigger it.

i think america should make it mandatory to send TSA asgents to every country to check for nukes before any plane is allowed to take off.

any plane not checked should be shot down as it could be carrying weapons of mass destructuons.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

How about just cover the USA in a giant steel dome, nothing comes in, nothing goes out? Possibly arm your bald eagles with frikkin laser beams? Would that work for you? Seems unfair to subject the rest of the world to your TSA grope-squads.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join