It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up UK: Devastating 100mph storm to bring 48 hours of ‘utter hell’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Its now 14.30 and there have been 2 downpours here in north London, its been a bit blustery, enough to take a few twigs off trees and push my motorcycle off its side stand and up against a wall.
So far I have seen any sign of this supposed 'SUPERSTORM' as it was labelled in the MSM.
I also haven't seen any sign of numbers of people killed apart from some lad that thought it was a good idea to go swimming as the storm approached and then the search for him called off. But no numbers as to other fatalities.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Did you guys see this on msm?
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Lots of pictures of damage and reports of deaths and injuries.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Check out my link below yours, tons of pictures of devastation. Just glad that you were safe and not in harms way, you could have been a statistic.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The latest I heard was 2 deaths, men killed from falling tress, max rain about 50 mm as opposed to the 860 mm recorded in Japan last week.
I was just a storm, nothing special, and is now over.
Of course, the Press made a meal of it, inflated it out of all proportion, and Cameron seemed to have actually done something but he didn't, just yapped.
Much ado about nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Thank you very much for that link. Fantastic and informative site.

Constant updates of People tracking the storm as it moved across the south.

Kept me busy until the small hours. Thanks again

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chenbo

Thks

Anyway, worth noting that the storm intensified after it crossed Britain and had casued even more problem across parts of NW Europe, where another 4 people have, sadly, been killed

www.bbc.co.uk...

Much of the damage in Britain was down to a sting jet - and that's alaso why it was fairly localised - and also the fact that this was the first bad storm of the autumn in the SE.

It was possibly the worst storm since Jan 3rd 2012 - though that storm affected the whole country

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
To be honest, this has all been another over-blown drama.

Oh, I know that there has been disruption, but nothing too bad.

I live in the SW and apart from few branches on the roads and lots of leaves, the world has been largely unaffected. Clearly some of the effect has been localised, where there have been problems, but not the type of destruction from 1987 as was been predicted by some.

So, just a storm.

Edit to add... Any pointless wind farms destroyed? That would have been a result. Probably the first time they actually produced power, even though most people were in bed asleep!

Regards
edit on 28/10/2013 by paraphi because: Edit for th reason given

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Thanks for the reply.

A poster on the site was very accurate on predicting the sting jet.

Something I had known nothing about until clicking your link.

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

paraphi
Any pointless wind farms destroyed? That would have been a result. Probably the first time they actually produced power, even though most people were in bed asleep!

Only one ....

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join