It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Pejeu

undo
old testament really shouldn't be in the bible, to be honest. 2 different approaches. the every 7 years thing is jewish. in the new testament, it just says to give to those who ask

So now you pick and choose what you like and what you don't like of the bible?

How very Christian!

Didn't Christ say he came not to break the law but to fulfil it?

Does it not say both in Deuteronomy and in Revelations (22:19) that none may add or take away from the words of the bible?

correct. he fulfilled it so the rules changed. and by the words of the book, it was talking about the prophecy john's vision revealed.

oh and by the how very christian statement. you ain't seen nothing yet. i also think jesus was the sumerian god called enki. and that when he came to earth as a human, he was born to cleopatra, who's hebrew name was mary, and that she faked her own death and slipped off to israel, when octavian invaded egypt.

i think jesus was the last pharaoh and the first pharaoh. and by first pharaoh, i don't mean nimrod/narmer/enmerkar. how's that for very christian? hehe

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

LoneGunMan
Two years ago a miracle happened.

Jesus came to me, I could actually see him but he was mostly white radiant light. The love and the empathy that radiated made my knees go out from under me and I cannot explain it I was saved.

Sounds like you got a-hold of some bad grain. Honestly.

Don't misunderstand me. I was raised in the church. Four hours a week in religious "services" of one type or another. I visited my girlfriend's church as a kid and witnessed people "speaking in tongues" and flailing about, dancing and falling down. Still, I've never seen apparitions or been occupied by the "spirit".

These experiences and education lead me to conclude that while Christianity does offer a moral compass and social system, it is very frequently used to take advantage of people or extract their money and property.

If it works for you and leads you to altruistic behaviors and other good deeds, congrats. I sincerely hope you will take the time to study technology, especially projection technology:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It is funny huh?

I don't think people even realizes how much they have been influenced by the words of Christ, I was a devout Christian born and raised, for a few years I did major research on other religions and the roots of religion and got involved in the New Age movement, because I knew the Bible well I noticed all the Biblical wisdom teaching in the New Age literature.
Even some Wicca books.

When Atheist point out how many atheist they know are more moral than Christians, that makes sense in the respect that they are still under the laws of Moses, now we know some sets of laws are passed down since the Code of Hammurabi.

Anyway, I am not good,

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

After spending 51 years seeing Christians as judgmental rather obtuse cultists I can now see something is misleading mankind. We are not so much judgmental, we just do not want that evil to be near us. Christians have tried very hard to get others to see the light but that seemed to mostly fail.

I see the campaign against the Christians now, its a full court press. A lot of Christians have been misled too and have been a bad example at times. Old scratch is not called the great deceiver for nothing, he is slicker than a New York advertising firm. If its slick, its not of goodness. I see the world becoming "slick" via Hollywood.

Something is not right in the world, something dark is here. With the prick of my thumbs something wicked this way comes. A lot of Christians are waking up and are not pointing there fingers anymore. Judge not...

I think your point here is valid, but it can be seen more clearly if you take sin into consideration. When a Christian like you or me proclaims salvation from Christ, we are not demonstrating this salvation as freedom from sin. We are not free from sin any more than an Atheist. We are set free from sin at a later date. The only thing we have is a hope of this salvation.

To the unbeliever, this looks like hypocrisy. We are claiming something we cannot demonstrate, which is mastery over sin and death. As Christians, we will continue to sin and we will all die. There is NO difference other than our hope, which is in the one that has overcome. We cannot overcome ourselves, and this shows us to be equal to everyone else on this Earth.

If you read a recent thread I did, you will see the point here: Righteousness, Self-Righteousness and Wickedness.

I can clearly tell you that I am a follower of Christ, but my sin is always before me. The hunger to do wrong is still there, yet I have a hope that my future baptism into a new life will be free from this. Becoming a Christian does not bring salvation in this life. Yes, it brings a more fruitful life. There is no doubt that we are changed when we start the process of walking away from our sin. We are changed, but not finished with the process. It brings a future hope of salvation as the promise of removing the curse. Until then, we are simply walking away while others are walking into the pit further.

Hebrews 9

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

We are waiting. Salvation comes at a later date. Until then, you must be born again. Baptism is the involution of the soul into the material world for the purpose of repenting. We are ALL here for this purpose. It's a work in progress. When a Christian claims a changed life, it is true, yet sin remains.

Those who condemn Christians as hypocrites do not see the facts. Christians are proclaiming the truth, yet we are ALL out of context to that truth. Only truth can condemn the soul. A Christian cannot judge or condemn anyone apart from self-righteousness, which is itself wickedness.

We are commanded to judge not. Simply proclaim the truth that is our hope for the future.

edit on 25-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Gottcha, and you are absolutely right. That is the problem I have with not only Christianity, but most organized religions, they don't tend to teach to live by the true heart of their teachings, but the morality of the religious leader of the religion. And the religions with many leaders, all pick and chose, from their own morals and ideals.

Humans, we get in our own way, more often than not!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Pejeu

undo
old testament really shouldn't be in the bible, to be honest. 2 different approaches. the every 7 years thing is jewish. in the new testament, it just says to give to those who ask

So now you pick and choose what you like and what you don't like of the bible?

How very Christian!

Didn't Christ say he came not to break the law but to fulfil it?

Does it not say both in Deuteronomy and in Revelations (22:19) that none may add or take away from the words of the bible?

Actually I have come to believe that that applies only to the book of Revelations. For one, there are other ancient texts that are not included in the Bible that I suspect should have been,

The main reason I went on my journey into the past was because I wasn't satisfied with the things I was taught in church, and I attended many different churches.

And yes, I have felt the power of the presence of God.

The quote, "I like your Christ I just don't like your Christians," posted by another poster, a quote I have heard many times, to the point it is getting old and stale.

I say you must have us confused with Christ, we are not perfect, and I think pointing this out in no way diminishes the importance of the message Christ brought.

To love one-another.

Someone posted America is approximately 75% Christians, there are also approximately 2.18 billion Christians around the world,

and there is not one, no not one that is righteous, however out of this 2.18 billion Christians, you cannot find one that you like, I think it is because you are looking for the,

sinner, for the flaws, to justify your dislike of Christians and Christianity, what ever reason that might be, so regardless of your faith or lack of faith, maybe examining our own inadequacies is in order.
edit on 083131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

IN my estimation . . .

80-98% of the general population has significant degrees of attachment disorder. I say that from watching my students for 30 years of teaching over 2 continents. The research usually only talks about super intense levels in their estimations of the percentages. They are wrong.

Anyway . . . I've never met anyone with any significant degree of ATTACHMENT DISORDER who was NOT judgmental.

IT's NOT ONLY EXTRINSIC religionists of every stripe!

Most of the INTRINSIC CHRISTIANS I know are, as the research documents, significantly to extremely compassionate, empathetic, caring etc.

Congrats on your new life.

You might find THE RHEMA CODE by Scott Shang a whole new breath of fresh air . . . He notes that the human striving to jump through all the spiritual hoops to perfect ourselves and please God--just does not work.

He suggests convincingly that we can learn to live from God's perspective out--HE IN US AND US IN CHRIST--such that His reality is more real than our tangible reality. And THAT makes all the difference in the world--where even miracles begin to be common place.

I'm still getting into it but it is starting to overhaul my stinkin' thinking as few other things ever have.

Christians are as wounded, mangled, messed up as any other group . . . unless and until they cooperate more fully with Christ in cleaning themselves up in their thinking and habits. That includes judgmentalism.

The thing that folks often miss is that OTHER folks are AT LEAST AS judgmental as the worst Christians--it's just considered par for the course and quite NORMAL for them--so folks excuse it or ignore it. LOL.

They may not be so across the board but there's one or more areas or issues that they are harshly judgmental about as much or worse than any Christian.

Sigh.

Good OP. Thx.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

And yes, I have felt the power of the presence of God.

The quote, "I like your Christ I just don't like your Christians," posted by another poster, a quote I have heard many times, to the point it is getting old and stale.

I say you must have us confused with Christ, we are not perfect, and I think pointing this out in no way diminishes the importance of the message Christ brought.

To love one-another.

Someone posted America is approximation 75% Christians, there are also approximately 2.18 billion Christians around the world,

and there is not one, no not one that is righteous, however out of this 2.18 billion Christians, you cannot find one that you like, I think it is because you are looking for the,

sinner, for the flaws, to justify your dislike of Christians and Christianity, what ever reason that might be, so regardless of your faith or lack of faith, maybe examining our own inadequacies is in order.

Absolutely indeed.

A lot of naysayers are like moths to a flame . . . can't or refuse to avoid p*ssing on the Christians at every opportunity.

If it was merely something they'd found uninteresting or not very useful, one would think they'd merely walk on by. But noooooooooooooo, they have to poke it and poo on it as though their one mission in life was to do so. What's WITH that?

Sigh.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

LoneGunMan
I am a new Christian, never believed in my life, I was raised by an atheist father and a new age mother. I never went to church except for weddings, I even owned a new age bookstore and I have studied the dark arts. I have studied other religions and spiritual beliefs for many years.

Two years ago a miracle happened.

Jesus came to me, I could actually see him but he was mostly white radiant light. The love and the empathy that radiated made my knees go out from under me and I cannot explain it I was saved.

The conspiracy:

After spending 51 years seeing Christians as judgmental rather obtuse cultists I can now see something is misleading mankind. We are not so much judgmental, we just do not want that evil to be near us. Christians have tried very hard to get others to see the light but that seemed to mostly fail.

I see the campaign against the Christians now, its a full court press. A lot of Christians have been misled too and have been a bad example at times. Old scratch is not called the great deceiver for nothing, he is slicker than a New York advertising firm. If its slick, its not of goodness. I see the world becoming "slick" via Hollywood.

Something is not right in the world, something dark is here. With the prick of my thumbs something wicked this way comes. A lot of Christians are waking up and are not pointing there fingers anymore. Judge not...

Please do not judge us, for we are but children.

Here is a music video of a great song, please listen I am sure not many non Christians will have a chance to hear it, please let it touch your heart like it does mine.

The world is on there way to you but they are tripping over me.

edit on 24-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

Lol!, born agains, always the squeakiest wheel on the jeebus train....wipe away those crocodile tears little fella, I'm sure a trip down to your nearest multi-million dollar mega church to have a bit of a pray (beg) with the other devil dodgers will help you deal with your perceived persecution.
Just more self righteous, innacurate, delusional gobbledygook....good luck with your new cult, I hope it all works out for you.

P.S I'd get checked out by a health professional if I were you, seeing bright lights, might be a tumor

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

How else do you expect us to react when we see stories like this one:

www.rawstory.com...

Or, like this "Dr. Chaps" fellow:

And of course, there's these "lovely" people:

www.splcenter.org...

Now, I know not all Christians are like these people. You guys have your work cut out for you to get the word out that these hateful "Christians" are not part of your crowd. Because they are very loud and very obnoxious, and that's why so many of the rest of us have negative feelings towards Christians in general. Can you really blame us?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
listen

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad you found your way on the path!

It always gladdens my heart to hear from another human being who is finding their way out of the confusing world and into a more centered and happier place. I don't know about you, but as troubling as the world is and as dark as things are for Christians, my faith has made me calm. I know that things may end badly for me on this world, but I can only die once. And somehow, that doesn't worry me.

As for the matter of Christians on earth. Well, for a long time now, my favorite passage of the Bible has been the seven letters in Revelation. I was raised Methodist, and they don't really teach the book of Revelation. At most, Jesus is coming back at some time. There really isn't any End Time teaching, so Revelation is just kind of ignored back there. From a young age, I've been drawn to it like a moth to a flame for no reason that I was able to discern for a long time. Now, it seems like maybe I was pulled for a reason, so that I might see and understand a few things.

At any rate, I sort of look at the letters as warnings to Christians since, to me, the Church is the body of believers entire more than actual physical congregations. And for me, when the one church is warned about doing everything right but without love. They are symbolic of the Christians who go around telling people they'll burn in Hell and just generally trying to scare the bejesus out of you to get you to follow their way.

To me, the letters are a sign that there are plenty of ways to profess to being Christian and still lose your way. It signals to me that simply calling Christ's name may not be enough to get your name in the book. You have to actually hold his presence in your heart. Feel him there, know him, and if you do, all the rest will follow. I think, however, there are a bunch of people going through the motions without that calm certainty inside, and it makes then easy to deceive and easy to lead astray. And I think there a lot of them.

Now, I don't claim to know if there will be a Rapture or not, but I do know that one of the big arguments against it is that if you take all the Christians out of the world, how will there be any left to be persecuted by the Anti-Christ? Well, if I'm right, there will be plenty left because there are plenty now who aren't quite where they need to be whether they know it or not.

I'll simple end with this quote from The Language of God by Francis S. Collins that I've always liked. "But evil acts committed in the name of religion in no way impugn the truth of the faith; they instead impugn the nature of human beings, those rusty containers into which the pure water of that truth has been placed."

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
One day I was putting together a computer. I observed two ants that have managed to get on to the motherboard circuitry.

This conversation topic reminds me of those 2 ants. They sit upon a high tech creation and dont know it. They have no idea what they stand on, who built it or for what purpose.

I ask you this question, How many ants and how long would it take for them to design, fabricate and program a computer?

This is the same with humans when they discuss these topics. One will have to understand that he will never comprehend. You are the ant.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
Someone posted America is approximately 75% Christians, there are also approximately 2.18 billion Christians around the world,

edit on 083131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

You are misunderstanding my point. I don't not like Christians. What I actually don't like is the religion itself. If I were to not like Christians, I would be just as hypocritical as I am claiming the Christians to be. I'd have to dislike a good two-thirds of the population of America and about one-third of the population of the world. I'm not that hateful.

I just don't like how Christianity likes to shove its religion down people's throats. This is one of the chief reasons I left it. Too much intolerance for a religion that preaches love and acceptance. I understand that no one is perfect and everyone has flaws, but Christianity allows people to harp on non-Christians' flaws while standing behind a wall saying that while they are flawed as well, they are fine because they are going to heaven. I'm sorry but that is cow manure. You cannot excuse yourself or your mistakes and flaws by hiding behind religion, part of being human is accepting your flaws and working to minimize them.

I've seen Christians honestly say that an atheist who is kind, loves others, is non-violent, and overall a good person will go to hell because he is atheist while a murderer who has killed multiple people, but happens to be a Christian and asks for forgiveness will get to go to heaven. No, it doesn't work that way. You pay for your crimes against humanity. Your religion doesn't give you a free pass to circumvent it. Of course I know why they say this, it's because they want to continue to push their religion down people's throats. If a good person who happens to be atheist can still go to heaven, it undermines the whole believing in and worshiping God thing. Also as part of the religion, God is supposed to forgive all wrongdoings by just asking for forgiveness. These two things create the paradox where a truly evil person can go to heaven by asking for forgiveness and a good upstanding person can go to hell.

I don't really care what you believe or don't believe, just don't try to shove it down other people's throats or dictate their lives based on it. And seriously, stop pretending like your religion is being persecuted against. It isn't, it is one of the most dominating, controlling bodies on the planet. Sure its dominion has decreased in the past 20 - 30 years, but it is still FAR too early to say that you guys are losing favor in the eyes of the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
listen some more "

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Christians ARE judgemental - Christ is NOT

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I have never tried to shove my religion down anyone's throat.

And never had anyone try and shove religion down mine.

The closest I ever came to that was the Jehovah's witnesses, and I invited them in, because i was curious and I enjoyed our conversations, and I became one, then I dissociated myself from them.

I can honestly say I can't remember anyone forcing me to listen to them, since my mother.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
I've seen Christians honestly say that an atheist who is kind, loves others, is non-violent, and overall a good person will go to hell because he is atheist while a murderer who has killed multiple people, but happens to be a Christian and asks for forgiveness will get to go to heaven. No, it doesn't work that way. You pay for your crimes against humanity. Your religion doesn't give you a free pass to circumvent it. Of course I know why they say this, it's because they want to continue to push their religion down people's throats. If a good person who happens to be atheist can still go to heaven, it undermines the whole believing in and worshiping God thing. Also as part of the religion, God is supposed to forgive all wrongdoings by just asking for forgiveness. These two things create the paradox where a truly evil person can go to heaven by asking for forgiveness and a good upstanding person can go to hell.

It's because when you sin, you offend more than just the people on Earth. A good person on earth who offends himself and others through bad actions/sins can make amends to those he wronged, and that's good. The problem is that he neglects on other, very important "person" whom he also wronged. You have to also ask God's forgiveness because He was the one who laid down the laws of right and wrong in the first place, the ones you broke.

The only way for the completely secular, nonbelieving person to enter Heaven is to never do wrong in the first place and thereby avoid offending God. This is pretty much impossible.

I think it is somewhat possible that some people who call themselves unbelievers can actually feel God without knowing it and wind up saved through accident more than design, but I think far it more possible that if they are feeling the call and feeling God inside, then they will wind up some kind of believer. I also think it possible that people of other faiths might also wind up feeling God, hearing His call and ascribe Him to their own deity/deities. However, I think the clearest, easiest communication God made as to the way, the Truth, and the Light was through Christ, His teachings and His sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

TownCryer
Christians ARE judgemental - Christ is NOT

Once again, everyone judges, you judge me for thinking I am judging you, yet I am not.

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You know there are gay Christians don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join