It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

HomerinNC
OP, I'm going to disagree with you.
The so called Christians I have encountered in my life were the MOST judgmental people I've EVER met.
Not only judgmental, but the most hypocritical.
I was raised Catholic, and no matter where I went to church, be it NY, AK, TX, FL or NC, if you weren't in the same 'social circles' they were in, they wanted NOTHING to do with you.
My expirence isn't limited to the Catholic Church, I've gone to baptist church and Episcopalian churches as well, and looked down at, both me and my son.
That's when I decided I didn't need a church to have a relationship with God. I don't need to go to a building to tell everyone, 'HEY, LOOK AT ME! I'M HERE!'
Get off your high horses and treat your brothers and sisters as equals, you're no better then me, you put your pants on the same way I do: one leg at a time.

i

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Very glad to hear the words "I'm a new Christian". Welcome to God's family and I can't wait to meet you.

It IS a conspiracy and a deception. A basic premise of Jesus is that we are all equally sinners. The gossip is just as lost as the mass murderer, spiritually. We are all bozos on the same bus.

This concept of one person being 'better' than the other is straight out of hell. But you cannot find anything in the Bible to support such a concept.

People tend to project their own self image onto others. Human nature.

edit: Also, the idea of being a "chosen" people OBVIOUSLY does not mean "better" as the Israelites were anything but perfect. All of the leaders, Moses, Abraham, David, etc were very very flawed people. And they KNEW it.

edit on 25-10-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thank you, I just try to be as real as I can.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by undo

Thank you, I just try to be as real as I can.

and your title (grand emperor of the universe) rocks.
any relation to this guy? hehe

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

He took lessons from me, he's just a copy cat wannabe

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Oh boohoo. Christians are some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They preach love and compassion then turn around and spew hate from their mouths to fellow humans on things like homosexuality, paganism, or Islam.

Now you guys are crying because you think your religion is under attack! That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life.

source: Key Findings and Statistics on Religion in America

Christians make up 78.4% of the American population. I don't know what you'd call that, but I call that a majority. That is over 3/4ths of the country being religious. Also, I can't believe the nerve of you to actually say that there is legislation that is anti-Christian in nature.

Religious affiliation in the United States Senate

This is just the Senate but going from this:

The most basic breakdown of the above data indicates that 85% of the Senate is Christian (compared with 73%[202] of the population)...

85% of the Senate, yes even those evil God-hating Democrats are mostly Christians.

Religious affiliations of Presidents of the United States

Almost all of the presidents can be characterized as Christian, at least by formal membership. Some were Unitarian or unaffiliated with a specific religious body. Some are thought to have been deists, or irreligious. No president thus far has been an atheist or an adherent of any non-Christian religion.

There you go, if there is some sort of "attack" on Christianity, then it is being perpetuated from your own ranks. But really all this is, is the result of letting anyone into the country. Naturally as people from all walks of life enter the country, they bring their values with them. These values when coming from non-Christians are going to conflict with Christian values, and our Constitution is setup in such a way that we have to be accepting of all values. This rings Christians the wrong way, since they believe that their views are the correct views.

So basically this whole whine game that you guys are playing right now, just really stems from the fact that Christians are largely close-minded and cannot accept that there may be more than one way to look at an issue. Christians need to get with the times and accept that they aren't the only religion on the planet.

I say all this as an ex-Catholic. Speaking of which, I've noticed some of the loudest detractors of Christianity are ex-Christians themselves. Probably because they have direct experience with Christians' hateful ways.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

that's cause jesus was just that aweome! should be 100% but we adjust for life experience and environment
hehe
how ya doing, btw? didn't you also post in my Dumb Old Lady vs. Ancient Aliens Debunked, thread?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by undo

He took lessons from me, he's just a copy cat wannabe

lol well HE doesn't have to wear a mask to be scary.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Most self-styled Christians are really anything but.

For instance it says in the bible not to lend money at interest and to forgive the debt of all your debtors every 7 years.

How many Christians do that?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You should see me with the mask off!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey, I don't think it was that thread. I think the last thread I posted in that you authored was one about racism back around the time the Zimmerman trial was wrapping up.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This man said it best:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

It seems to me that Christians are their own worst enemies.

Put 100 Christians in a room to talk with one another and every single one of them will come out saying that the other 99 are not "true Christians".

THAT is the real hypocrisy here.

You are blind unto only yourselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Pejeu
Most self-styled Christians are really anything but.

For instance it says in the bible not to lend money at interest and to forgive the debt of all your debtors every 7 years.

How many Christians do that?

old testament really shouldn't be in the bible, to be honest. 2 different approaches. the every 7 years thing is jewish. in the new testament, it just says to give to those who ask

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by undo

You should see me with the mask off!!!

ROFL!
i'm sure you're awesome under that mask

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

Actually, our debt system is setup like that.

Sticky charge-offs stay on credit report for years

You're not alone with your charge-off question. Several readers have written in asking about how charge-offs are reported on credit reports and how long they stay there after the bad debt moves to a collector or judgment. The short answer is: A charge-off stays on your credit report for seven years from the date of the last delinquency, as dictated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or FCRA.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You forgot hypocritical as well.

I have no problem with anyone's religion, if you are a nice person, treat others with respect, and live your life as a good person.

BUT, when you come in my house, as my "friend", telling me I'm going to go to hell, for my alternative religious beliefs, WHILE YOU ARE PARTAKING OF A NON TOBACCO SMOKING PRODUCT, and admitting you cheated on your spouse,
You are a hypocrite!

Yes, they are out there. Thankfully you can make the decision not to be friends with these types of Christians, as there are plenty out there that are not.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

CranialSponge
This man said it best:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

It seems to me that Christians are their own worst enemies.

Put 100 Christians in a room to talk with one another and every single one of them will come out saying that the other 99 are not "true Christians".

THAT is the real hypocrisy here.

You are blind unto only yourselves.

hi, how are ya?
ever see a group of scientists completely agree on anything ? i think what you're describing is the human condition, which can be seen in all its glory right here on ats. people who believe 9-11 was an inside job, vs. people who believe it was an inside job done by Extra terrestrials, vs people who believe it was an inside job done by muslims/jews/nazis/new-agers/masons/chinese/ ad nauseum lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

undo
old testament really shouldn't be in the bible, to be honest. 2 different approaches. the every 7 years thing is jewish. in the new testament, it just says to give to those who ask

So now you pick and choose what you like and what you don't like of the bible?

How very Christian!

Didn't Christ say he came not to break the law but to fulfil it?

Does it not say both in Deuteronomy and in Revelations (22:19) that none may add or take away from the words of the bible?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

chiefsmom
BUT, when you come in my house, as my "friend", telling me I'm going to go to hell, for my alternative religious beliefs, WHILE YOU ARE PARTAKING OF A NON TOBACCO SMOKING PRODUCT, and admitting you cheated on your spouse,
You are a hypocrite!

To begin with I'm not denouncing you, I understand your point. Just trying to piggyback off of this.

This is a good example of the hypocrisy of the Christian religion. Say that illegal drug use is a sin. Nowhere in the bible does it tell you what substances you can and cannot imbibe. Yet Christian politicians who are for the drug war have alluded to drugs being a sin and the gullible Christian masses have bought into it. This is especially absurd since it is widely known that many of the ancients used to imbibe things like hallucinogenic mushrooms to have religious experiences (including the Christian forefathers).

If you think about it, Christians are letting politicians decide what is and isn't a sin based on the simple fact of legality. One plant, tobacco, isn't a sin to use because it is legal (largely in part due to the humongous lobby platform from the tobacco companies); but another smokable plant, marijuana, is a sin to use because it is illegal (largely in part due to the paper industry's lobbying platform against hemp as an alternative to paper).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I read your OP and was moved by it.

In my old farts Sunday School class we have engineers who worked/are working on space shuttles and satellites. We have a doctor and a dentist. We have the CEO of a large aerospace company. Our class is about 50 strong and more than half have advanced degrees, some have 2 or 3.

We openly discuss differing points of view and have an unspoken rule we are to be respectful when someone presents differing views that "non Christians" have. We feel that we can only speak to non Christians if we understand and can speak to them non-judgmentally and let our lives tell the story of what we believe so that non-Christians can see and then ask why we are different.

As for "sinners" a woman in our church asked the pastor if she could stand in front of the church of 2000 and talk about her abortion. Afterward, she was metaphorically love on by everyone who spoke to her. She said she was afraid but truly felt led to tell everyone rather than hide the fact, but not one person condemned her, they just comforted her.

One of our church leaders has an openly gay son, no we didn't kick them out, it is our policy to love everyone as Jesus taught and demonstrated.

It is not our business to condemn or judge, that is God's business, we don't know what is in another person's heart, it is our business to "love the person, we don't have to approve of what they are doing, but we are obligated to love the person."

We have gone on practical mission trips the world over to build homes, schools, churches. We have helped Habitat for humanity rebuild homes torn apart by tornado.

We go into local fields to glean food for the local food bank.

Right now my husband is doing a 5 day "in house retreat" for honor prisoners at the local state jail. They get lots of cookies and home made meals and meet in a large gathering room and have a one on one "sponsor" for the weekend.

Sure sounds like meme of liberals, progressives, and the Obama administration, our little group is certainly ignorant and judgmental, don't you think? Oh, and I might add, we also sound like the terrorist type described by our dear leader, don't we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join