It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

pixelbob
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Hello Fraudfinder,

At first I thought u were a fire-spewing christian fundamentalist. Well in spite of ur many own personal problems (i got it from ur previous posts). It was heart warming to hear u pray about someone elses' health. That is exactly what I thought a real godly person shud be (not hateful). And Im not satan if u wud know, im a devotee of the new age movement. Even a number of my family members are christians (we're far off tho). But u never know when i might have a christian revelation from one of my brothers

Devoted to the new age movement are you? Well good luck with that. ('
')

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Please emphasize on what u meant by that?
Is chanelling and praying the same? I fold my legs and take a yogi stance. U fold ur hands n pray. Aint dat the same thing?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Psalm 14:1 - The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

I never said that there is no God, I just don't believe in the biblical god or that Jesus was/is god.

Proverbs 18:2 - A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Like I said, you're welcome to your own opinion, but NOT your own facts.

Proverbs 15:2 - The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

Still waiting for wisdom to come from your keyboard!

FACT: People of certain Chrestus and Christos cults in Greece and Rome were called Christians and Christs long before Jesus ever was born. Christ is a pagan construct that existed long before the New Testament was ever dreamed up.

Caesar was a "Christ".

FACT: Early Christians weren't called Christians, they were called Nazarene. The Nazarene were eliminated by the Catholic Church during the 4th century because they didn't convert to their brand of control.

Jesus "Christ" never existed!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Hello Windword,
This is intriguing. How can you explain "Caesar was a Christ".

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pixelbob

Hi there!

Most royals/emperors, throughout the historical world, told their plebs that they were the "son of God" on earth.

In Greece and Rome the pagan cults of Chrestus and Christos were many. Their followers were called Christians and their leaders called "Christs". Caesar claimed the moniker of their leader, a divine god on earth.

Caesar assumed the position of being the "son of God" as represented in the "Christ"/"Chreste"of the pagans.

What is being revealed here is that what is written literally in the sacred writings of the people we call Pagans, is not the true and genuine message that is being conveyed to the enlightened members of the Pagan religions -- who by reason of their enlightenment, were called Christians. All these many stories and myths pertaining to gods and goddesses were in reality pertaining to the manifestation of the laws and divine powers throughout all of Creation. Thus, if we are truly perceptive, we must begin to admit that we haven’t the slightest idea what the true Pagan initiate believed. Moreover, what we should really take to heart and be concerned about from our own religious perspective is the fact that these initiates were referred to as Christians prior to the time of Jesus -- and their gods where spoken of as the Christos, or Christ.
nazirene.org...

460 BCE
Pindar (pp. 4-10) The words [chresen oikistera]
mean "the oracle proclaimed him the colonizer."
In this case the genius of the Greek language permits
that the man so proclaimed should be called Chrestos.
Hence this term was applied to every Disciple recognized by a Master,
as also to every good man.

333 BCE
Demosthenes saying [o Chreste] (330, 27),
means by it simply "you nice fellow";
Demosthenes, De Corona, 313, declares that
the candidates for initiation
into the Greek mysteries were anointed with oil.
So they are now in India, even in the
initiation the Yogi mysteries, various
ointments or unguents being used.

XXX BCE
Pagan classics expressed more than one idea
by the verb [chraomai] "consulting an oracle";
for it also means "fated," doomed by an oracle,
in the sense of a sacrificial victim to its decree, or --
"to the WORD"; as chresterion is not only "the seat of an oracle"
but also "an offering to, or for, the oracle.'' (18)
Chrestes is one who expounds or explains oracles,
"a prophet, a soothsayer;" (19) and
chresterios is one who belongs to, or is in the service of,
an oracle, a god, or a "Master" (20);

010 CE
Philo Judaeus speaks of theochrestos "God-declared,"
or one who is declared by god, and of
logia theochresta "sayings delivered by God" --
which proves that he wrote at a time
when neither Christians nor Chrestians were yet known
under these names, but still called themselves the Nazarenes.

www.mountainman.com.au...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You might also be interested in "Caesar's Comet", which is very similar the "Star of Bethlehem" story.

Caesar's Comet[1] (scientific designation C/-43 K1) – also known as Comet Caesar and the Great Comet of 44 BC – was perhaps the most famous comet of antiquity. The seven-day visitation was taken by Romans as a sign of the deification of the recently dead dictator, Julius Caesar (100–44 BC)

The Comet became a powerful symbol in the political propaganda that launched the career of Caesar's great-nephew (and adoptive son) Augustus. The Temple of Divus Iulius (Temple of the Deified Julius) was built (42 BC) and dedicated (29 BC) by Augustus for purposes of fostering a "cult of the comet". (It was also known as the "Temple of the Comet Star".[5]) At the back of the temple a huge image of Caesar was erected and, according to Ovid, a flaming comet was affixed to its forehead:
To make that soul a star that burns forever
Above the Forum and the gates of Rome.

Ovid describes the deification of Caesar in Metamorphoses (8 AD):
Then Jupiter, the Father, spoke..."Take up Caesar’s spirit from his murdered corpse, and change it into a star, so that the deified Julius may always look down from his high temple on our Capitol and forum." He had barely finished, when gentle Venus stood in the midst of the Senate, seen by no one, and took up the newly freed spirit of her Caesar from his body, and preventing it from vanishing into the air, carried it towards the glorious stars. As she carried it, she felt it glow and take fire, and loosed it from her breast: it climbed higher than the moon, and drawing behind it a fiery tail, shone as a star.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Comet

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Hello Windword,

Thank you. Im relatively new on ATS. What happened to FraudFinder?

My thought of kings/emperors claiming to be gods/divine right. Is becoz they simply cud do that to their subjects. They were supreme.

But want to learn more about the claim by Caesar that he was Christ. Will definitely research that. Thanks.

But what I like, the oil initiation in India.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What happened to FraudFinder?

I'm sure that we're not rid of him. Perhaps he has a job.....

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I hope faultfinder posts his views soon. FYI im from the part of the world (south east asia) where SLEEP PARALYSIS is taken as being strangled by a demon/demoness. We have a lot of tribal cults here tho. Lot of these cults perform child-voodoo rituals. Possess children with spirits n use them as mediums. Supposed belief is it makes them rich to offer at least one child to the gods as a sacrifice. If u wanna find more about demon-blooded people, private message. Lot of those where I live.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Hello Faultfinder,

Would like to discuss the topics in detail. Please message/respond. Many thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
LoneGunMan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

It is interesting to me because I went the opposite direction of you.

I was a christian for forty years until I had an experience.

I went from a christian to agnosticism; to neo-paganism with a Goddess slant (unusual); and slowly sliding to atheism even though I have had a lot of unique spiritual experiences.

Therefore, I can understand all sides of the issues; and due too a lot of study, I understand where you, Uno, and others are coming from.

At any rate, you might be the only one help me with my first two posts on ATS and why I joined the forum.

I do not want to highjack your thread, but it is important to me.

You (and/or Uno) can PM me if you like or provide an answer within this thread if either one of you decide to help.

Thanks

The following contains the ATS links of my first two posts seeking answers:

Post 1 on ATS

Post 2 on ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
windword,

oh i think he did exist. he fit the bill perfectly. heir to the thrones of egypt, rome and israel (most of the civilized world). read what the messiah was supposed to represent to jewish people. that was him alright. unfortunately, they wanted him to rule with a rod of iron, a tyrant, but he was not willing force people to believe. the best solution to this dilemma, is to isolate out all the verses where he doesn't contradict himself. you'll find 2 entirely different stances. one positive, the other negative. choose the positive.
edit on 30-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It is not being judgmental or stupid. It is loving to try to help someone find God.

Remember this verse too...

Ezekiel 33:[8] When I say to the wicked: O wicked man, thou shalt surely die: if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked man from his way: that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but I will require his blood at thy hand. [9] But if thou tell the wicked man, that he may be converted from his ways, and he be not converted from his way: he shall die in his iniquity: but thou hast delivered thy soul

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Atheists or true-believers, just stay off my lawn!! Both camps make me sick. "Do not try to knock on my door, otherwise the dog will bark. The bark will wake me up, and I will be very grumpy. LEAVE ME ALONE!!! You don't want to see me upset for this nonesense. Go away...

Kratos

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

undo
addendum to my above post :

the old testament is mostly an egyptian book in disguise.

Which really proves that you don't know jack about any of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

undo

windword
reply to post by undo

oh you're on the theory that he was from the essenes. i believe he was the son of cleopatra.

I find that theory to also be extremely plausible, especially given the whole "Christ" theme.

jesus referred to himself as the alpha and the omega. there he is identifying himself as pharaoh but not just any pharaoh, rather the first pharaoh and the last pharaoh. this is a very important point. the implications are huge.

edit on 29-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

Christ identified with the patriarchs of the Hebrews, pre dynastic Hebrews. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.....from which He claimed decedency in the flesh as well as the spirit of faith, of truth. As far as His royal line, it descends from the House of David tribe of Judah.

Zero connection with Nimrods decedents. Just more flight of fancy, crap scholarship and not really knowing your material. Not to mention possible demonic influences.

In the last days many will reject sound truth and give ear to seducing spirits and demonic doctrines.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

undo
sorry, another addendum:
i also think the adam were named after their creators - atum (adam and atum are plural words. look up atum on wikipedia and read his description under the image of him. oh yeah, that's good stuff right there) jesus referred to himself as the second adam. translated, the second atum. whee, i'm on a roll.

This only shows to lines of humanity reaching back into time to make a connection to Adam.

In the case of atum its simply claiming a special decedency with the first man as a linage justification. The first man who was given dominion over the earth in an immortal state. This is the flow here as it relates to earthly power and linage with the first Man.

Jesus is referred to as the second adam but called Himself the Son of Man. His connection with adam as the second adam is a restorical theme that recognizes the first adams failure. Unlike the corrupted self appointed royal lines of the earth that flowed out of Nimrod and claimed ascendancy from Adam, which they had no right to do and not to mention its corrupted nature, Jesus claimed no authority based on Adam but was rather a man born in the fullness of time to restore the most important aspect of adams failure the loss of eternal life. If Christ represented anything in Adam it was adams original condition not a justification to worldly power as the seed of satan whish to make of adam and themselves in a fallen condition.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DMFL1133

I went from a christian to agnosticism; to neo-paganism with a Goddess slant (unusual); and slowly sliding to atheism even though I have had a lot of unique spiritual experiences.

I took a similar journey and came back around full circle,

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm judgmental and stupid, just not as much as people making these claims.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I agree with you. I say, still be religious if you want, just dont take it too far, and dont start speaking for God.

Simple rule:

Be kind, treat others with love and respect, and above all put yourself in their shoes. You will see that we arent so different.

We all want the same thing, just we all take different paths.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: Coffee hasnt kicked in yet LOL

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join