It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Money Is No Good Here: How Our Upside Down Flag Caused Local Business Owner to Turn Us Away!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

daryllyn

captaintyinknots
reply to post by daryllyn

I do wish I could get an answer from you....I honestly want to know...what were you hoping to accomplish with all of this?

I honestly feel that this country IS in distress. And remember, I'm not the flag flipper or the sign maker... I'm married to the flag flipper. We share the same belief that this nation is in trouble and that the direction its heading is a slippery slope.

You may not see it that way, you have your own perspective, and 'truth' is subjective.

Kind of like religion. For some, the bible is the truth, for others its just a story book.

What's true for one, may not be true for another.

I havent said either way whether or not I agree. That is irrelevant to what I am asking.

I understand that your husband is flying it as a distress signal. What I don't understandvis what he is hoping to accomplish by flying it upside down?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

"Awareness"

Come talk to me. Ask me why I have done this. Debate my reasoning. Lets discuss the situation and come to a consensus.

Am I getting warm?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

WWJFKD

"Awareness"

Come talk to me. Ask me why I have done this. Debate my reasoning. Lets discuss the situation and come to a consensus.

Am I getting warm?
That seems to be the consensus answer, and its one I can respect(though I tend to think it is an exercise in futility). I still do not see, though, why one would not expect to get a decent amount of negative attention from this as well, though.

It comes with the territory. If a person wants to act in a controversial manner, they have to expect backlash.
edit on 26-10-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I would expect so. I don't want to speak for the OP but surely they expected there would be. What I find disturbing is a person being offended and then being unwilling to listen to the reasoning that led to this form of protest. If you don't agree after that so be it - We can agree to disagree, but to just refuse to listen to reason shows a Phenomenal lack of intelligence to be closed off to new input.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

WWJFKD

I would expect so. I don't want to speak for the OP but surely they expected there would be. What I find disturbing is a person being offended and then being unwilling to listen to the reasoning that led to this form of protest. If you don't agree after that so be it - We can agree to disagree, but to just refuse to listen to reason shows a Phenomenal lack of intelligence to be closed off to new input.
I do agree with you on that. Heck, I am seeing it in this thread. I ask a few questions, and am met by some posters with refusal to discuss, with anger, with namecalling, etc.

As I have said all along, I am simply trying to understand the thought behind these actions.

I do wonder, again, though, if the people that are flying their flags upside down are still participating in the government.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Do I still work, yes. Am I still paying taxes, yes because I still work... they take them out automatically, but I dont make enough to pay that much and there is no bill at the end of the year....but that is due to not making much rather than anything else.

No, I have not dropped out of the "system"

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I agree. How does one truly not participate in the Government. To preface I don't flip my flag because I don't have one. Until I can afford an American made one I won't have one. I flip your flag or take it if you disrespect it. And I don't really care if you don't like it. Try and catch me.

With regards to the Government I have adopted the belief that if a bear does its business in the woods and I don't see it does it really affect me? In short I ignore much of what they do which I disagree with. If they cross my predetermined line in the sand then I will no longer ignore them.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

WWJFKD

The OP shouldn't have any expectation that anyone wants to hear her reasoning for flying the flag upside down. Clearly the Salesman involved was at least aware on some level what the flag flipping was about, or he wouldn't have lumped them in with the Tea Party crowd, a crowd that espouses a lot of the same views as the ones doing the flag flipping recently.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

For me they crossed my line. The time for ignoring is over. I dont really know what my line was to be honest, I just know its been crossed. I guess it was when I realized it didn't matter who I was voting for I was still getting the same party.... and the same shredding of the constitution.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

That's quite an assumption and I think your assuming a lot in the reasoning the car guy used to deny service. Now we will never know because he refused to accept new input.

Assuming the flipped flag has anything to do with "Tea Partiers" is quite short sighted. The many militias of the US considered at one time wearing the "flipped flag" of the US on their sleeves to identify one another and this had nothing to do with the tea party. We must be very careful when lumping groups together based solely on input from MSM or the status quo

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I have admittedly moved my line a few times. I'm running out of excuses.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

WWJFKD

I have admittedly moved my line a few times. I'm running out of excuses.

Thats ok. I was too stupid and wrapped up in my own self and life back in the 80's and 90's to pay attention when they were warning us that this would happen if we didn't pay attention...

I kinda feel real dumb for that now....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Do you even know what the reversed flag stands for?

#1, its almost exclusively the army
#2, it's reversed to symbolize the banners of old style linear warfare 'charging' into battle

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I had a similar experience... Both my nephews are Marines Veterans, and myself an Air Force Veteran! One of my nephews posted a picture on facebook of an upside down flag! Both of them were so pissed off about it... Wanting to go knock on the door and kick the crap out of the home owner because it was upside down... After hours of posts, with facts, i finally got through to them that it meant distress!! They took it as an insult, just like flag burning... Although, i appreciate their passion for the flag, their ignorance of the same flag, of not knowing with that meant, was some what confusing to me!! Your Marines... and you don't know what that means?? But it occurred to me, all though they are very patriotic, veterans, oath takers, red, white and blue Americans... they are or were ignorant!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

WWJFKD

That's quite an assumption and I think your assuming a lot in the reasoning the car guy used to deny service. Now we will never know because he refused to accept new input.

Assuming the flipped flag has anything to do with "Tea Partiers" is quite short sighted. The many militias of the US considered at one time wearing the "flipped flag" of the US on their sleeves to identify one another and this had nothing to do with the tea party. We must be very careful when lumping groups together based solely on input from MSM or the status quo

I'm assuming nothing. It was spelled out in the OP.

The guy saw Tea Party # and the upside down flag in their front yard and didn't want to do business with them. To deny that the Gadsdan Flag is a popular flag of the Tea Party would be to deny that the Stars and Bars is a popular flag with racists. Is every person flying the Stars and Bars a racist? I cannot make that claim, but I would say that a good marjority of people with a Gadsdan Flag and an Impeach Obama sign in their front yard are probably aligned with the Tea Party.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VandalX

It is disturbing that most people either shut down or react violently when presented with new input which they do not understand. I wouldn't burn a flag as I am not authorized to do so. I would not piss on it, write on it or fly it tattered but yes I would flip it to make a point.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You eluded to I'm assuming you are referring to the rebel flag associated with Mississippi as a racist flag and the Gadsen flag associated with the tea party. Sound remarkably like assumptions thereby making my point. What exactly was your point?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I think it was Vietnam syndrome for lack of a better word that causes that violent reaction. Because of how the returning vets were treated, and how all those people back then were all burning flags and whatnot, people are trying to go the other way because they do respect the vets, unlike the attitude in the 60's and 70's...

now somehow people decided anything other than flying the flag one way is an attack upon our soldiers.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't think flipping the flag is the problem. I think it's how many different opinions there are as to what the problem really is. We had dinner with some people who insisted that the problem is the government. I don't agree. That's just a symptom of the problem. The problem is much deeper than government. But, that's another issue.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm assuming nothing. It was spelled out in the OP.

The guy saw Tea Party # and the upside down flag in their front yard and didn't want to do business with them. To deny that the Gadsdan Flag is a popular flag of the Tea Party would be to deny that the Stars and Bars is a popular flag with racists. Is every person flying the Stars and Bars a racist? I cannot make that claim, but I would say that a good marjority of people with a Gadsdan Flag and an Impeach Obama sign in their front yard are probably aligned with the Tea Party.

The Gadsden flag, is a historical American flag dating back to 1775. Others in the past have also adopted it, but it doesn't mean it only represents them exclusively.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join