It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: 'Everybody ... Willing to Pay More' Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
When this man opens his mouth, he proves time and time again that he is not fit for office. Can anyone name anything good that he has done for the country????? I know he knows how to spend a lot of tax payer money. I know he likes to do a lot of illegal things to get elected, but is there anything else that he has done? Presented a balanced budget to be voted on in the Senate....No, didn't do that either!

If there was a poster boy for TERM LIMITS, our man Harry fits the bill. I think he would beat out John McCain by the length of a Vegas chip.

Did anyone mention also that us American's pay for all the R+D for the healthcare industry, on top of all the taxes? Why do we pay $10 a pill that the Canadian's pay $1 for?? We can thank our Politicians for that as well. Is there any other Industry in America where you DONT KNOW THE COST UPFRONT?? In the 70's, doctors told you what it would cost......but the politicians took care of their buddies and now the American people get screwed. If we don't figure a way to get rid of all 536 of these people in Washington, they will continue to suck the life out of the middle class until America is dead. If they say it's good for the people, that means it's really good for "their people". No-bid contracts for Obama's buddy's, insider deals, loans to your own campaign?? We all know it goes on and BOTH parties do it, and in the end, the American people continue to get hurt.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
First I am a newbie here on ATS. I have found a few topics of interest. With that said,

I consider myself a common (employed) person with a little education and a lot of concern. I figure 90% of the employed population think somewhat the same when it comes to personal assets and desires regardless as to what they say. So, there is the 90% common people that think like me.

And I think that the common person does not want to pay taxes and more taxes to keep People like Harry Reid in a paycheck. What I don't understand is why Nevada residents keep voting him back in to office.

Do you consider yourself a common person like me?
edit on 27-10-2013 by tr911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Harry Reid is on a drug and it's called Charlie Sheen that or it's opposite day haha. Look at Warren Buffett who makes something like $62,855,038 a year and has a net worth of something like 60 billion, how about since he openly admits he wants to pay more he just takes something like 50 billion and help out the extremely needy families by giving them monthly allowances? Buffett could help tons and tons of needy families who then wouldn't need any government help and could live pretty comfortably.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

tr911
First I am a newbie here on ATS. I have found a few topics of interest. With that said,

I consider myself a common (employed) person with a little education and a lot of concern. I figure 90% of the employed population think somewhat the same when it comes to personal assets and desires regardless as to what they say. So, there is the 90% common people that think like me.

And I think that the common person does not want to pay taxes and more taxes to keep People like Harry Reid in a paycheck. What I don't understand is why Nevada residents keep voting him back in to office.

Do you consider yourself a common person like me?
edit on 27-10-2013 by tr911 because: (no reason given)

I'm a common person for the most part but I admit I've been lucky enough to have advantages in life that others might not have like my family was very involved with my school life, I was able to go to college, my fraternity alumni gave me access to great internships/jobs, and my Dad taught me how to be successful but my family was far from rich most of my early years and both my parents families didn't have a lot of money. I think a lot of people feel the same as you do including me but at the same time wish we could do more to help the poor but I think the government doesn't exactly do a great job helping them most of the time. I think if a lot of these Liberal actors/businessmen only kept a million a year and gave the rest to needy families they could do a lot of good. Like let's take Warren Buffett for an example, he made over 62 million last year alone and has a net worth of 60 billion if he gave say 58 billion to the extremely needy families then he could help something like a few thousand people.

The reason Reid, Pelosi, Bloomberg, Boehner, Feinstein, McConnell, Robert Byrd (who's dead now), ect. keeping getting re elected is because they live in extremely Liberal or Conservative districts plus most people just vote by the D or R next to someone's name.

Edit: By the way welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time here.
edit on 27-10-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not willing to pay more taxes. I'm not a millionaire but I am not homeless. I have no clue what this guy is smokin but hes hittin the glass pipe. I don't know anyone who thinks the federal government isn't large enough already to do it's job. If anything we could trim it back in a few places.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

bozzchem
Reid's Folly

Senate majority leader Harry Reid says that "Everybody" is "willing to pay more" taxes. He said so in an interview with a Nevada Public Radio host.

“The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid told the radio host, according to Roll Call. “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”

While I don't know how to conduct an ATS poll, I'd be interested to know how many of you are willing to part with even more of your hard earned money than is already taken from you.

I think Reid is a fool and disagree with him 100%

What about you?
edit on 24-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

There is nothing stopping people from giving more to the govm't. They do not need new laws to extract the tax all these people who want to pay more can simple give it to the govm't as a gift does anyone see the a line forming to do so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join