It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Education Builds Up Arsenal Of Firearms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bonjour,

So, the insanity continues to spiral out of control.
According to the website Muckrock, the Dept. of (Mis)Education is taking the madness to the next level.
In july alone, the DoE bought 30 Glock 27's and an assortment of Remmington Shotguns (with Wilson Combat Sights) in their latest attempt to "quell fear".
One step closer to ensuring the schools of the nation are almost indestinguishable from prisons.
While on the surface some will say:

"So, what...I have more firepower in my basement?"

or

"At least the students will be safe."

From what exactly may I ask?
The truth of the matter is weapons kept on school property will NOT curb the occurances of gun violence in the nation's gun-free areas (a.k.a. Free Fire Zones) and in fact will put these weapons THAT much closer to hands of a nation of youths under the effect of anti-depressant/SSRI drugs.
In addition, now we'll have stories about trigger happy security guards and teachers overreacting to a percieved (and quite possibly contrived) threats, shooting first and asking questions later.
Is this really what anyone envisioned when they heard the words "higher education"?
I sure didn't.
The schools are not a safer place because of this.
They are instead placed in greater jeopardy by these actions.
The only way to tackle such efforts are to address the root cause of the dysfunction and not some stop-gap measure that has only the appearance of a solution while in reality, exasterbates the problem even further.

www.muckrock.com...

-Amitaba-
edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The third document down states:

The OIG currently has 7 unassigned Glock Model 27 pistols. OIG owned pistols are currently
assigned to 88 Special Agents. The OIG revised its authorized FTE ceiling for Special Agents to
, thus it is hiring 15 agents. 26 agents are currently assigned Glock Model 27 pistols.

Thankfully there aren't very many of them and they all seem concentrated in Washington, going by those, but what do special agents in the Education Dept do, exactly? Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I completely disagree. I say put an armed guard and a metal detector at every entry point, and place more armed guards all around the school. Our kids deserve better protection than our President. Where's their secret service?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Hola,

I imagine the ironic part is that after a few more "Free Fire Zone" tragedies, your "solution" will just be add more guards...use more guns...stop and frisks on anyone in a school zone...cavity searches for parents trying to deliver a lunch to their child.
And you know what?
There will STILL be school shootings.
I would wager ANYTHING that removing the SSRI's and anti-depressants from the populations would do FAR more to quell this problem than more guns or guards which have been proven not to prevent the most determined maniacs.
(Which is really what we are talking about.)
This is because removing these harmful drugs from the population is a solution based on logic & evidence.
Adding more guns and guards is just a preventative measure based on fear that does nothing to solve the underlying problem.
It will therefore persist regardless of how many guards you use, how many guns they carry or how many rights you take away from others in pursuit of the lie of "100% safety".
I respect your opinion but remain confident that time will prove you wrong.
At least this is the pattern history reveals to us about decisions based on fear.

-Amitaba-
edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They are used by the department of education's office of the Inspector General.

They investigate waste, fraud, abuse, and other criminal activity involving federal education funds, programs, and operations. They are sworn federal law enforcement.

So they put people in jail that abuse our tax dollars. Or at least that is what they are supposed to do.

top topics

join