It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s 'Dollar Menu' Goes Up to $5 (& the Federal Reserve)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
While this title mostly speaks to McDonald's price increases I wished to point out a simple observation. It is not that McDonald's "food" items are just increasing in price it's the fact that the value of the dollar is consistently decreasing in value across the board. If you are reading this try to look at the price increases from that point of view.

McDonald’s New 'Dollar Menu' Goes Up to $5

Since McDonald’s (MCD) launched the Dollar Menu nationally in 2002, it has grown to about 13 percent of sales–a whole lot of McDoubles and Sausage Biscuits. But the menu is no longer working for the burger chain, so it’s rebranding it as the “Dollar Menu & More” with $1 and $2 sandwiches and even some items at $5. It’s more like a neighborhood dollar store now: the name refers to the starting price.

Now I don't eat at McDonald's. Not because it's cheap or overpriced or whatever, just because I don't really consider it food. That's not the point though. Think of the cost a loaf of good bread or a 1lb steak, it's value is the same today as it ever was. What has changed is the value of the dollar.

Monetary inflation is a sustained increase in the money supply of a country. It usually results in price inflation, which is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services. Originally the term "inflation" was used to refer only to monetary inflation, whereas in present usage it usually refers to price inflation. Wiki...

I guess the main point I'm getting at is due to the Federal Reserve's policies, loss of the gold standard and now the Fed's recent QE $85 billion per month in fiat money creation we are getting more real inflation at an increasing pace. They will never admit it but every time you shop or get gas you plainly see it.

McDonald's article is really a side issue to the sickness underlying our basic economic system. We need to abolish the Federal Reserve.
edit on 061pm4545pm72013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Agreed, and this is just starting, you will see changes in all fast food chain's menus. small profit items will increase to avoid being negative profit everywhere you look, small and barely noticeable at first, and then increase more and then ramp. This is a classic case of currency devaluation or call it whatever you wish. Very interesting times ahead since the glorious one took the US over the 17Ttillion mark...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Come on now. It's okay. We're all friends here. Your just mad because the double cheeseburger has only one slice of cheese versus the two it used to have..........right?

My bad, but I hear where your coming from, and let's face it, this is what the IMF has designed to happen.

Everything that happened to Greece can be expected to blind side everyone in the US that hasn't been paying attention!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Bassago

Come on now. It's okay. We're all friends here. Your just mad because the double cheeseburger has only one slice of cheese versus the two it used to have..........right?

My bad, but I hear where your coming from, and let's face it, this is what the IMF has designed to happen.

Everything that happened to Greece can be expected to blind side everyone in the US that hasn't been paying attention!

Your cheese analogy proves it! 50% devaluation of the dollar vs. McD's (fake) cheese.

The crying has barely begun here yet but I fear it's coming, fast

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh, it's food. And it's delicious.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Awesome.

Just in time for EBT cuts on Nov 1! =D

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Now THAT almost sounds like a conspiracy I could get suspicious about. Hmm... That timing is just awesome to consider, huh? What brilliant business sense....or a heads up on cuts and cold blooded ruthlessness.

The home of the food that never rots doesn't get my benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The only reason I ever ate at Mcdonalds is because of their nasty little dollar cheeseburgers.

Why would I pay 5 bucks for a Mcdonalds burger when there are legitimate burger joints all around town?

Also in regard to the dollar losing value, of course.

Inflation is the easiest way to steal money from the masses, next to asset forfeiture after being arrested.
edit on 24-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lol the food that never rots....partially correct as I believe it rots your stomach once embedded inside....

money is not worth what it used to be.....I don't think macdonalds is a good example of monetary value though because if you eat that garbage not only are you killing yourself slowly ....it has no nutritional value so you may as well go out and eat tree bark with a side of soil and save your money...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Had you ever seen Super Size Me for the experiment at the end? This is just the end of it, and this actually does show some rotting on the food..except one of course.

If you have a couple minutes, you'd get a ..interest (it's too bad to call anything else) in seeing it from the start on longer vids. The comparison food from decent ingredients rotted into health hazard many weeks before that.

Go Preservatives! Err.... or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Do McDonald's burger never rot?

You might want to read that experiment.

If it doesn't rot, it is because it dries too quickly for mold to catch on it.

------

BTW, I went with one of my boy 2 days ago. It cost us almost 20 dollars, and we had only 2 trios, plus a cheeseburger for me...

It made me think of a French comic book. The story was set in the future. In a scene, you could see you would need reservations to go to McD, and their were penguins serving you at the table! lol
edit on 24-10-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I have seen it and that was pretty much the last time I ate that garbage.... The experiment at the end is somewhat disturbing to say the least....another reason why I think it has no monetary value to begin with.... In fact the only monetary value it has is in the negative as it will land you in hospital and big pharma will be emptying your pockets for you

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Bassago
While this title mostly speaks to McDonald's price increases I wished to point out a simple observation. It is not that McDonald's "food" items are just increasing in price it's the fact that the value of the dollar is consistently decreasing in value across the board. If you are reading this try to look at the price increases from that point of view.

McDonald’s New 'Dollar Menu' Goes Up to $5

Since McDonald’s (MCD) launched the Dollar Menu nationally in 2002, it has grown to about 13 percent of sales–a whole lot of McDoubles and Sausage Biscuits. But the menu is no longer working for the burger chain, so it’s rebranding it as the “Dollar Menu & More” with $1 and $2 sandwiches and even some items at $5. It’s more like a neighborhood dollar store now: the name refers to the starting price.

Now I don't eat at McDonald's. Not because it's cheap or overpriced or whatever, just because I don't really consider it food. That's not the point though. Think of the cost a loaf of good bread or a 1lb steak, it's value is the same today as it ever was. What has changed is the value of the dollar.

Monetary inflation is a sustained increase in the money supply of a country. It usually results in price inflation, which is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services. Originally the term "inflation" was used to refer only to monetary inflation, whereas in present usage it usually refers to price inflation. Wiki...

I guess the main point I'm getting at is due to the Federal Reserve's policies, loss of the gold standard and now the Fed's recent QE $85 billion per month in fiat money creation we are getting more real inflation at an increasing pace. They will never admit it but every time you shop or get gas you plainly see it.

McDonald's article is really a side issue to the sickness underlying our basic economic system. We need to abolish the Federal Reserve.
edit on 061pm4545pm72013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

No need to go to McDonald's.

Simply reach in your pocket and pull out some penny's - compare a penny minted in 2013 & take a look at a penny minted pre-1982. The pre '82 penny is 95% Copper & 2013 penny is 97.5% Zinc.

Copper is $3.23/lb - Zinc is $0.86/lb.

That my friends is inflation - when they start devaluing coinage for cheaper metals which they plan on doing more of in the near future under the "Coin Modernization, Oversight, and Continuity Act of 2010". Which essentially means they will pull the Copper out of Nickels for cheaper alternative like Steel. If they can get it to work - so far it's not working cause Steel rust's.

If interested read up on "Seigniorage" - it's actually a pretty interesting subject.

Seigniorage

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do yourselves a favour and don't eat this crap!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Me too on not eating that garbage since. I must admit..there has been a time or two though. The addiction (and I swear it really is too) is strong in staying away from the pseudo food.

I have to say though, when I broke from fast food in a complete way? I did notice a whole different physical feeling in less time than I would have thought. Just as the guy who made Super Size me described the lethargic feeling he got from eating it. Yeah...that seems to be a lingering effect it did take a bit of time to get clear from. Just not so long it could be missed, eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

The addiction (and I swear it really is too) is strong in staying away from the pseudo food.

I have to say though, when I broke from fast food in a complete way? I did notice a whole different physical feeling in less time than I would have thought.

There's definitely something to that idea (addiction.) I've long felt there were addictive qualities to many fast foods and junk foods.

It's been so long since I ate most fast foods that there is no longer any pull for me to do so. Now when I think about it I'd pretty much rather not eat at all than put that stuff into my body. Almost like an instinctual aversion to poison.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

BASSAGO.... THANK YOU FOR STATING A FACT THAT SEEMS TO BE TOTALLY OVER THE HEADS OF OUR POLITICIANS... THEY STATE THAT THERE IS NO INFLATION OR IT IS AT A RATE OF LESS THAN 3% ANNUALLY.
WELL THE FACT IS OUR REAL INFLATION RATE IS CLOSER TO 25% ANNUALLY AND AS YOU SO RIGHTFULLY STATED BY USING A McDONALD'S BURGER.... EVERY PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY CAN TELL YOU THAT PRICES HAVE MORE THAN DOUBLED IN THE PAST 6 YEARS.
BEING A RETIRED INDIVIDUAL I CAN TELL YOU THAT BEING ON A FIXED BUDGET ESTABLISHED WHEN I RETIRED AT AGE 68 (8 YEARS AGO) THAT MY STANDARD OF LIVING HAS DECLINE TO THE POINT THAT I HAD TO RELOCATE TO A CHEAPER RESIDENT. THAT I WAS MORE THAN COMFORTABLE LIVING IN MY PREVIOUS RESIDENCE FOR 9 YEARS AND WITHIN 6 YEARS ALL OF THE OTHER BASICS FOR LIFE HAVE INCREASED SO RADICALLY THAT I'VE HAD TO DOWNSIZE ....
THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS DUMPING PAPER MONEY (DEBT) INTO OUR MONEY SUPPLY @ THE RATE OF $40 TO $100 BILLIONS DOLLARS PER MONTH..THEY NOW SAY THEY MIGHT UP IT TO $1 TRILLION DOLLARS PER MONTH.
THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS LOANING US MONEY TO PAY THE INTEREST OF THE DEBT THEY ARE LOANING US MONEY ON..
WE ARE STILL PAYING INTEREST ON THE UNPAID DEBT FROM THE 1ST WORLD WAR.

WE ARE ALLREADY INTO HIPER INFLATION BUT THE POLOTICIANS AND THE FEDERAL RESERVE WILL NOT STATE THE FACT OUT LOUD FOR FEAR THAT CHINA, JAPAN & INDIA WILL FIND OUT AND NOT LOAN US ANY MORE MONEY,

IT IS LIKE AN ADDICT THAT THINKS IF HE USES MORE DOPE HE'LL BE CURED OF THE ADDICTION.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Bassago

Oh, it's food. And it's delicious.

It is not food.
It is not delicious.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

F4Driver
reply to post by Bassago

BASSAGO.... THANK YOU FOR STATING A FACT THAT SEEMS TO BE TOTALLY OVER THE HEADS OF OUR POLITICIANS... THEY STATE THAT THERE IS NO INFLATION OR IT IS AT A RATE OF LESS THAN 3% ANNUALLY.
WELL THE FACT IS OUR REAL INFLATION RATE IS CLOSER TO 25% ANNUALLY AND AS YOU SO RIGHTFULLY STATED BY USING A McDONALD'S BURGER.... EVERY PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY CAN TELL YOU THAT PRICES HAVE MORE THAN DOUBLED IN THE PAST 6 YEARS.
BEING A RETIRED INDIVIDUAL I CAN TELL YOU THAT BEING ON A FIXED BUDGET ESTABLISHED WHEN I RETIRED AT AGE 68 (8 YEARS AGO) THAT MY STANDARD OF LIVING HAS DECLINE TO THE POINT THAT I HAD TO RELOCATE TO A CHEAPER RESIDENT. THAT I WAS MORE THAN COMFORTABLE LIVING IN MY PREVIOUS RESIDENCE FOR 9 YEARS AND WITHIN 6 YEARS ALL OF THE OTHER BASICS FOR LIFE HAVE INCREASED SO RADICALLY THAT I'VE HAD TO DOWNSIZE ....
THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS DUMPING PAPER MONEY (DEBT) INTO OUR MONEY SUPPLY @ THE RATE OF $40 TO $100 BILLIONS DOLLARS PER MONTH..THEY NOW SAY THEY MIGHT UP IT TO $1 TRILLION DOLLARS PER MONTH.
THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS LOANING US MONEY TO PAY THE INTEREST OF THE DEBT THEY ARE LOANING US MONEY ON..
WE ARE STILL PAYING INTEREST ON THE UNPAID DEBT FROM THE 1ST WORLD WAR.

WE ARE ALLREADY INTO HIPER INFLATION BUT THE POLOTICIANS AND THE FEDERAL RESERVE WILL NOT STATE THE FACT OUT LOUD FOR FEAR THAT CHINA, JAPAN & INDIA WILL FIND OUT AND NOT LOAN US ANY MORE MONEY,

IT IS LIKE AN ADDICT THAT THINKS IF HE USES MORE DOPE HE'LL BE CURED OF THE ADDICTION.

I FORGOT IS IT INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY?
JUST IN CASE...

IT IS NOT FOOD.
IT IS NOT DELICIOUS.

edit on 24-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I tend to agree break the fast food cycle more power to you....the addiction to these foods are quite high......I have no proof but I suspect the sweeteners used are along the lines of e951 (aspartame)..hence the lethargic feeling it gives. Not to mention the mood swings...and I believe 99% of ailments in people are from diet alone but that is another conversation for another thread

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join