It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US making it much more expensive to get ur self and/or money out of America!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"Americans are renouncing their US Citizenship in record numbers to evade taxation"

'Gov't making it much more expensive to get out of America or get your money out of America'

Sure, 600 million Americans who live abroad, are doing it to evade tax. Not like theres any other big reasons like the most gun deaths in the developed world, or the country with the most rapes world over, and the country where obviously most of your tax goes toward killing millions of innocent men, women, children worldwide.

In other words, its getting much much more expensive to buy your way out of the world's biggest killing machine, the American War Machine (viewer discretion advised).

viewer discretion advised.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

They have been doing it for years, but no one cared to notice!

Try taking 10k out of you bank account. You can't get it in one day, because you have to fill out paperwork and the bank tells you they don't have the cash so you have to wait for it to come in.

2nd. There have been numerous reports of people being pulled over by the popo and because they have a lot of cash on them, they HAVE TO PROVE, they are not drug dealers. What happens? The cash is confiscated...

3rd. Try flying with over 10k on you! Ain't gonna happen!

All I want to know is when did having a certain amount of cash on you become a crime? Secondly, why is it that if you have over 10k in your bank account that to withdraw it you have to be treated as a criminal before you get what is rightfully yours?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The veil is beginning to lift.

The tyrants are showing their faces.

This is but the beginning of what the velvet gloved iron hand has planned for the US. They don't intend to allow the cattle to escape their pen.

Since conflict is inevitable, remember "Heads and Hips" as well as "Balls-Eyes-Throat".
edit on 24-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think Washington has entirely and completely missed the point. Part of it IS that when you tax the rich too much, they will simply take their money and leave. Ooops.. Gee. That works well. (eye roll)

However, it's also that average Americans are sick of the garbage and nonsense. When I get to be too old to do anything more in a constructive way to change things, and it's as bad or worse than now? You'll probably see my Location line change to a nice little nook somewhere in Costa Rica or Belize. I lean toward Belize, since it's English speaking already and awfully nice folks..but either one would be respectable by any American's idea of home without Tyranny running loose like rats in a food warehouse.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OP it would be nice if you could provide those of us that can not view the videos a run down on them. However, in regards to;

Sure, 600 million Americans who live abroad, are doing it to evade tax. Not like theres any other big reasons like the most gun deaths in the developed world, or the country with the most rapes world over, and the country where obviously most of your tax goes toward killing millions of innocent men, women, children worldwide.

To add to the list, there is:

* Better cost of living ratio.
* Better product selection.
* Less government intrusion.
* Business friendly environment.
* You can actually own your home and land (gov has no rights to any of it).
* LEO's are kind, courteous and helpful.
* Taxation is reasonable and the GST is already built in the price stated. No BS taxes add at the checkout counter.

The list goes on and on but I'm sure you get the picture. I know that people are fed the line that the US is the greatest place on earth. I guess it is for those that have never been anywhere or lived in other countries and simply don't know any better. When the POTUS, the media and MSN have to constantly tell you how much freedom you have, it just means you don't have any. I do not need a passport or travel ID to get on a domestic flight, bus, train or vessel. There is no TSA, NSA or other ABC outfit telling me what I can and cannot do.

If the government is telling the public that American's are leaving for tax evasion, well as usual they are lying out their arse. It's about a better life, better standard of living and less hassles.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would second guess Belize, Very corrupt government and police, some of the crap they do is crazy. The government swears this is for the drug dealers and terrorists, But all banks make it difficult to get your own money and the police want it all. They think that you do not need it and they are the government, strange times indeed.....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

pstrron
OP it would be nice if you could provide those of us that can not view the videos a run down on them. However, in regards to;

Hi fellow ATSER!
Theres no link to both of the videos so I'll past the transcripts:

Peter Schiff: US Makes Leaving A lot More Expensive and Forces Many To Renounce Citizenship Economy

0:00so you ready for this Americans renouncing their citizenship in record
0:03numbers is the US cracks down on global tax evaders
0:07those tough new laws are aimed at recovering the almost $100 billion
0:10dollars the US government says it loses in unpaid taxes every year but
0:15is it just forcing Americans out love the country Peter Schiff is CEO and
0:20chief global strategist
0:21for Euro Pacific Capital and he joins us now
0:25which is it I i mean it seems like this might not be the best thing for the
0:28government to be doing or is it
0:30I think it's a terrible thing that they're doing and it's a disturbing
0:34trend is going to continue
0:36you know the government is making it very difficult for Americans who happen
0:39to be living and working aboard
0:41abroad to function a lot of people are having to give up their US citizenship
0:46even though they prefer to retain that but it's not just ex-patriots you know
0:50even if you're living in America you want to bank abroad no I own an offshore
0:54bank
0:55I won't accept American customers at my bank
0:58because I don't want to be subjected I to the
1:01enormous expanse that I would incur if I try to accommodate
1:05a US customers the the fact that people are giving up their citizenship I think
1:10the numbers approaching almost 2,000 is anyone taking note other than the
1:13network in a few the news organizations city when the government saying we need
1:17to rethink this
1:18well I doubt it I mean I think the government is deliberately trying to
1:22prevent
1:23Americans from leaving the country I think they're gonna make it much more
1:26difficult
1:27in the future that it is today both to get out of the country or to get your
1:31money out of the country
1:32you know there's a form that you have to fill out in order to renounce your
1:36citizenship
1:37and up until a few years ago the form was free
1:40now it costs five hundred dollars just to get the four
1:44to give up your citizenship I mean who knows what that form a cost in the
1:47future
1:48maybe it'll cost five thousand dollars maybe ten thousand dollars they already
1:51have big exit penalties if you're wealthy
1:54if you have a lot about assets and you want the privilege of no longer being an
1:58American citizen
1:59you're gonna have to pay a lot of money for that but it really tells you
2:02something
2:03that now an American citizenship incentive you know a badge of honor
2:07is like an albatross around your neck and people are willing to pay huge sums
2:11of money
2:12not to have to be an American citizen that is a very troubling development you
2:16would
2:16went went went in countries are trying to iight build the wall
2:20to keep their people in there's there's reasons for that
2:23and instead of examining why people want to escape and changing of policies
2:28I they're just trying to prevent people from leaving their profile love the
2:31average person who has renounced their citizenship in this predicament what do
2:35they look like I me know they like you and me are they very well
2:38where they like you are they extremely well fear they were like me more
2:41middle-class by New York standards but middle-class
2:43well I think a lot of people who are expatriates who are giving up their
2:47citizenship our middle class and they just can't even afford
2:51are the complexity of filing our return
2:54while living off shore they're having trouble with bank accounts with
2:57insurance policies
2:58getting home mortgages so it's just their lives are difficult but I think
3:02over time
3:03more and more entrepreneurs young people who
3:06wanna make something of themselves into final a lot more difficult to do it here
3:10because other taxes and the regulations they're gonna wanna leave and I think a
3:14lot of americans are want to get their money
3:16how to the US because so the inflation that I see coming in the weakness in the
3:19dollar
3:20and the US government is gonna try to find ways
3:23to mitigate that by making it more difficult for Americans
3:26Arctic to get out the country either physically or get their money out
3:30alright Peter Schiff we appreciate you joining us to discuss this issue it's
3:34not going away anytime soon thank you

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just found the whole transcript of JOE ROGAN: AMERICAN WAR MACHINE

Pasting link per request:

lybio.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

I would second guess Belize, Very corrupt government and police, some of the crap they do is crazy. The government swears this is for the drug dealers and terrorists, But all banks make it difficult to get your own money and the police want it all. They think that you do not need it and they are the government, strange times indeed.....

So when are you going to describe Belize? I knew this about the United States already.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

gardener

Sure, 600 million Americans who live abroad, are doing it to evade tax.

Are you sure about this bit? 600 Million?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Iceland seems to me the best choice for a restart should one plan to leave the occupied states of amerika.

In Iceland they have tossed the bankers out, sucked up the pain and are rebuilding.

It looks as if Hungary may follow in the footsteps of Iceland.

Too bad biochemists aren't in demand in either country...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Thanks OP! It really is sad when American's have to leave and give up their citizenship just to live a good life elsewhere.

@Wrabbit, if you don't leave now, you never will. If you can't see the writing on the wall from years ago or heed the warning given by a senator 4 years ago (don't remember his name or state) that; if you can leave the country, do so now before it's too late, what makes you think you will be able to when you retire? You were warned!

When it comes to relocation you basically have two choices, Central/South America or Asia. Europe, Africa and OZ/NZ are out of the question for obvious reasons. Plan wisely and disappear quietly.

On topic.

I have heard that there is now an exit tax when a citizen desires to give up citizenship but having to pay $500 for a form to do so is utter stupidity. Just become a citizen of a country that does not allow duel citizenship. What's the US going to say, Oh, that doesn't count, your still a citizen because you didn't pay an exit tax or fill out a form...pffft.

The part about not being able to get a bank account or purchase some items is true. It's too much of a problem dealing with US BS. You have to love the disclaimer; not for sale to US citizens while in the US or in US waters. That there should tell you everything you need to know.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Not just higher taxes. I'd take less pay and higher taxes to live in Europe than here in the USA. Once I started traveling European countries I learned quick that we most certainly are not the best country to live in.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Only terrorist wouldn't want to live in the land of Amerika.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

pstrron

To add to the list, there is:

* Better cost of living ratio.
* Better product selection.
* Less government intrusion.
* Business friendly environment.
* You can actually own your home and land (gov has no rights to any of it).
* LEO's are kind, courteous and helpful.
* Taxation is reasonable and the GST is already built in the price stated. No BS taxes add at the checkout counter.

The list goes on and on but I'm sure you get the picture. I know that people are fed the line that the US is the greatest place on earth. I guess it is for those that have never been anywhere or lived in other countries and simply don't know any better. When the POTUS, the media and MSN have to constantly tell you how much freedom you have, it just means you don't have any. I do not need a passport or travel ID to get on a domestic flight, bus, train or vessel. There is no TSA, NSA or other ABC outfit telling me what I can and cannot do.

If the government is telling the public that American's are leaving for tax evasion, well as usual they are lying out their arse. It's about a better life, better standard of living and less hassles.

Pstrron: Where are the places we can own homes and land as you speak of? I want to get away from the LOT RENT insanity that is property taxes in the U.S. eventually.
Also, who are LEOs?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

Where are the places we can own homes and land as you speak of? I want to get away from the LOT RENT insanity that is property taxes in the U.S. eventually. Also, who are LEOs?

I live in Asia and have a home and property here. The property has been in the families hands close to 400 years and I just finished building a lovely home on one of our pieces of property. I also have a home in CN (China) but do not intend to keep it as the gov owns the land but not the structure on the land.

When you live in the US, you can never own the land or even your house even though you have paid for it. The government can take it at any time for any reason under the emanate domain law. They can take your car, boat or anything else you have and not give you $.01 for it and you wont get it back. Here it's different, you pay for it, you own it. I am also looking at land in Indonesia because you can own it.

If you have $10k in your pocket in the US they will take it from you and accuse you of wrong doings even if there is no evidence and you don't get it back. Here that's not a problem, you can pay cash and no one asks questions about it. No restrictions on wire transfers either, however the mainland does have restrictions due to exchanging into USD. In HK no restrictions any amount as often as you like.

As for LEO, Law Enforcement Officer aka policeman. Here in CN (China) they don't even carry a gun as there is no need too. In Hong Kong they do but on the mainland no. It is so refreshing to be able to walk down the street late at night knowing no one will bother you.

I have lived in Asia many years now and will remain here the rest of my days. Life is good, we have our farm and only two kids left at home. Asia does have it's problems but not like the US and things are slower here, not so rushed. And then people wonder why expats leave and never return.

new topics

top topics

join