It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO employee found dead in apparent suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Saw this in the news today. So I'm guessing moral is pretty low at TEPCO at the moment. Working there you must see what's really going on and how futile it is. Sure, Japan is the suicide capital of the world but this still can't be good.

IBARAKI — Police said Thursday that a Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) employee apparently jumped to his death in Ryugasaki, Ibaraki Prefecture, on Wednesday.

On another note, they are trying to pass off Fukushima fruits and vegetables at the supermarkets here in Japan. See this all the time, poor unsuspecting gaijin shopping at the markets can't read kanji and buy the Fukushima products thinking they are getting a great deal. Could be OK to eat or bad to eat, can't be 100% sure here with how people here greedily slip in products deemed unsafe.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

furono
Saw this in the news today. So I'm guessing moral is pretty low at TEPCO at the moment. Working there you must see what's really going on and how futile it is. Sure, Japan is the suicide capital of the world but this still can't be good.

IBARAKI — Police said Thursday that a Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) employee apparently jumped to his death in Ryugasaki, Ibaraki Prefecture, on Wednesday.

On another note, they are trying to pass off Fukushima fruits and vegetables at the supermarkets here in Japan. See this all the time, poor unsuspecting gaijin shopping at the markets can't read kanji and buy the Fukushima products thinking they are getting a great deal. Could be OK to eat or bad to eat, can't be 100% sure here with how people here greedily slip in products deemed unsafe.

I can read kanji cuz I can read mandarin...don't know how to pronounce it in proper Japanese form, but I can get the meaning...so my question is...what is the kanji for "Fukushima" that "gaijin" don't know so I can avoid said produce or products?
Yeah...people kill themselves sometimes.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

furono

On another note, they are trying to pass off Fukushima fruits and vegetables at the supermarkets here in Japan. See this all the time...Could be OK to eat or bad to eat...

Clearly, OP, radioactive fruits and veggies are UNSAFE to eat! *rolls eyes*

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey, everybody knows that radiation can't hurt you if you keep smiling.
I know its true because the nice tepco man in the expensive suit said so

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Many Tepco workers on the site right now are provided by the Yakuza, and some of them are working off huge gambling debts, or are in trouble with them for other reasons. Maybe took the easy way out?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Good point!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Watch out France....This was in today's news also.
Japanese chef brings taste of Fukushima to France

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

福島 or 福島県 Fukushimaken

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tropical Storm Information
Date: 2013.10.25 : 05:57:21.
Name of Storm: Lekima (28W) Typhoon IV
Area: Pacific Ocean
Speed: 26 km/h
Wind: 213 km/h
Gust: 259 km/h
Course: 350 °
Wave height: 13.41 meter

how high are those barriers ?,,,,,,,,,,,Wave height: 13.41 meter.

thats,,~40 feet.

u know the barrels/tanks,,next too the shoreline?

tropical storm lukimia??,,cant make this stuff up. wow
edit on 10/24/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011

furono

On another note, they are trying to pass off Fukushima fruits and vegetables at the supermarkets here in Japan. See this all the time...Could be OK to eat or bad to eat...

Clearly, OP, radioactive fruits and veggies are UNSAFE to eat! *rolls eyes*
Not according to this guy who was arguing with me and saying that a little radiation is actually beneficial...so he might prefer radioactive contaminated food because he thinks it's healthier? I couldn't convince him otherwise:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess some people like him might prefer to eat the contaminated food as a health supplement

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
how bad must it truly be for someone working at a radioactive clean up site, to become depressed enough to take his own life.

one would think if things were going well, decent, okay that this person would have felt good about what they were doing, albeit concerned for their own health, but good because of their dedication to helping others, yet this man killed himself....

me thinks the situation is at the point of workers becoming depressed because they know how much death will ensue due to their lies and negligence, that's what me thinks.

if you're doing a decent job of trying to help and fix something in a crisis situation, depression doesn't follow, many feeling's and emotions will, but depression isn't one of them and suicide certainly not. i think what we have here is a decent human being who wanted to help, only to find his country and employer don't actually give a rats ass about anything but themselves...

edit on 25-10-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Widespread exploitation of Fukushima workers is uncovered, Reuters!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Was this guy even workibg on the stricken reactors? There have to be thousands of tepco workers doing non clean up jobs.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by furono

Hagi is nothing more than a BS hearts & minds PR campaign...

I don't believe for a minute anything that came from fukishima
ever touched the pallets of the people he claims to have cooked for

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

furono
Watch out France....This was in today's news also.
Japanese chef brings taste of Fukushima to France

Hopefully the chef is just bringing soya sauce with him. Use veggies and fruits and meats/fish from France.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Man if that were true wouldn't that be a piece of news. Any articles or evidence to support this? You are not the first to state it I am just curious.

new topics

top topics

join