It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Virus do I Have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I know I have a virus, and it's annoying the heck out of me. The only problem is I don't know what virus it is so I have no idea how to get rid of it. The symptoms are my computer will restart randomly every so often, and when I ALT+CTL+DEL to end some processes that I don't need, it doesn't allow me to even see what processes are running, so that must mean the virus is a process that is constantly running. And I can't do a virus scan with McAfee anymore because it has McAfee under a blocked list or something, and it allows me to open the McAfee only after I change the name of the folder, but it doesn't let me open the program. So I'm just annoyed and not sure what to do, lol. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

JAK

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hey 10DeadInside10. When it is about to restart do you get notification mentioning RPC or NT Authority?

If so it might be a variant of the Blaster worm, in which case try this:

You can stop the RPC service (Remote Procedure Call) from restarting the computer if it crashes. Click Start > Run > type in and press ENTER:

services.msc

In the services window, scroll down to 'Remote Procedure Call'. Double-click on it and the Properties window will open. Click the 'Recovery' tab. The default and recommended action if the service 'fails' / 'crashes' is to Restart the Computer. Change each one (1st failure, 2nd failure and subsequent failures) to 'Restart the Service'. Click OK.

Then try visiting here:
securityresponse.symantec.com...

Also you might find this helpful:

Symantec Free online Security Check inc Virus

Hope that is of some use.

Jack

E_T

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How about this:
vil.nai.com...

Could you give list what msconfig shows in start-up list?

From here you can get information about Windows' services:
www.blackviper.com...
So if there's lot of other stuff in there (Run > services.msc), you could try to find data about those from net.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Excellent site for finding and dealing with all insects, things that make you sick and hackers alike!

housecall.trendmicro.com...

top topics

join