It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Boleyn innocent or guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i know she was tried and found guilty for incest and adultery with Mark Smeaton, Sir Henry Norris, Sir Francis Weston, Sir William Brereton and George Boleyn.

but the dates given for her supposed affairs was when she was either pregnant or not at the location it was meant to have happened

Jane Boleyn confessed at her execution for helping Kathrine Howard that she lied at anne's trial
all in court knew that she was a jealous wife

yes anne had a miscarriage and stillbirth with deformed fetus but that was due to her blood disorder which i also have

so can people really call her bad,evil,witch or cheater

for in her world women obeyed men because women was used and pushed to gain power for family power

i think everyone has judged her so unfairly and i for one respect her and mourn for the wives of henry the eighth

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kezzy24

Since many people probably don't know who Anne Boleyn is...

was Queen of England from 1533 to 1536 as the second wife of King Henry VIII and Marquess of Pembroke in her own right.[5] Henry's marriage to Anne, and her subsequent execution, made her a key figure in the political and religious upheaval that was the start of the English Reformation. Anne was the daughter of Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, and his wife, Lady Elizabeth Howard, and was educated in the Netherlands and France, largely as a maid of honour to Claude of France. She returned to England in early 1522, to marry her Irish cousin James Butler, 9th Earl of Ormond; the marriage plans ended in failure and she secured a post at court as maid of honour to Henry VIII's wife, Catherine of Aragon.

Henry had Anne investigated for high treason in April 1536. On 2 May she was arrested and sent to the Tower of London, where she was tried before a jury of peers – which included Henry Percy, her former betrothed, and her own uncle, Thomas Howard – and found guilty on 15 May. She was beheaded four days later. Modern historians view the charges against her, which included adultery, incest, and witchcraft, as unconvincing. Following the coronation of her daughter, Elizabeth, as queen, Anne was venerated as a martyr and heroine of the English Reformation, particularly through the works of John Foxe.[6] Over the centuries, she has inspired or been mentioned in numerous artistic and cultural works. As a result, she has retained her hold on the popular imagination. Anne has been called "the most influential and important queen consort England has ever had",[7] since she provided the occasion for Henry VIII to annul his marriage to Catherine of Aragon, and declare his independence from Rome.

The general consensus is, she suffered the equivalent of a kangaroo court.

edit on 10/24/2013 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
yeah Katherine of aragon death was her death because if she lived henry couldn't have divorced or behead anne
yet the game played by anne to capture henry was then used agaist her

it is odd that people get killed by their own devices etc

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I always wondered if Anne Boleyn was beheaded because she failed to give Henry VIII a male child. We now know that the gender of the child is determined by the DNA of the male of the union. Henry was bothered by the birth of the female child who later became Queen Elizabeth I. Anne had a few miscarriages and sources of the day indicate that Henry was already seeking to furrow another fertile field.

I think the charges against her were fabricated, and she was innocent. I believe the charges against her were fabricated in order to get her out of the way of Henry's next conquest.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
yeah i agree in those days he had to have sons

i belive he did love his wife but having no sons made him rid his wifes in order to have what he thought loads of sons

i also think thats why Elizabeth 1 never married

new topics

top topics

join