It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
All 28 Points (or better 25!)
are easy to Debunk to be not caused by Fukushima,
or better for all this points we have no Evidence that it is the caused
by F'Shima!

Anyone want to discuss?
edit on 26-10-2013 by Human0815 because: 25 from 28

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

sean
reply to post by SadistNocturne

So you have plumes in the air and water evaporating from the ocean creating rain which is also polluted, so we all get a nice dose of radioactive rain. There is no escape. Being radiated is one thing, but we're also ingesting it. What part of certain death does people not understand??
edit on 26-10-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

Well, yes, absolutely.

However, I believe there may possibly be some "escape". The animals near Chernobyl have been discovered to have begun to thrive once again.

What scares me though, is the overall apathy that the average person displays towards this situation. I see folks eating seafood that could quite possibly be directly from the Pacific. I say "hey, maybe you want to reconsider that"...and the response is almost always "Nahhh, it's fine. Besides, what are you going to do, stop eating EVERYTHING that is found to be bad for you?"

Wow. Just plain, Wow. It may very well come to a time where we have to stop eating everything we once thought of as safe. It may very well be that at some point a single foodstuff may be the ONLY nutritional option we have for sustenance.

But in the meanwhile, if I know something is likely to be radioactive, I sure as hell am not going to eat it. I live in Houston, and my wife and I have talked at length about the idea that if our daughter ever goes to the ocean, I do NOT want her swimming in that damned gulf after all of the crap we dumped in it to "fix" the oil spill problem.

And yet people go in droves....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Human0815
by F'Shima!

Anyone want to discuss?

You, uhh, honestly believe that ?

Are you looking to say that the horrible man made accident caused by Fukushima has had no ecological impact at all?

Are you genuinely saying you'd be ok with eating fish caught immediately off the shores of the coast near Fukushima? How about bathing in that water? Drinking it?

I'd wager we could actually put together a collection and get you on a flight over. You could report back to us with your findings.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

openminded2011

I am starting to think a gieger counter might be a good thing for grocery shopping.

Well, most certainly I'd suggest being 100% where at all possible as to the geographic origins of your food.

But, I'd imagine that if you did take a gieger counter to a grocery store, I'd imagine there is a high possibility you'd be surprised at the results.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm curious though. You say the West Coast is being inundated with radiation from Fukushima, but I have readings from Hawaii, from a source I have known for years, and trust implicitly that show that despite being right in the path of the radioactive currents from Japan, and right in the jet stream from Japan, Hawaii has seen no increase in radiation, and hasn't seen any animal die offs, or sicknesses that are being attributed to Fukushima. How is that possible?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

boncho

Not the first member to pick a very stupid fight.

[SNIPPED]

The only "picking of a fight" was by the person who refuses to understand things for what they are. I'm quite certain you'll agree, yet disagree with that statement as I intend it.

Have a great day.
edit on Sat Oct 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Metaphysique

Metaphysique, meet Boncho, Boncho, meet Metaphysique

Apparently you share similar views. Please, have some wine and some cheese, this is after all a party!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

Human0815
by F'Shima!

Anyone want to discuss?

You, uhh, honestly believe that ?

Are you looking to say that the horrible man made accident caused by Fukushima has had no ecological impact at all?

Are you genuinely saying you'd be ok with eating fish caught immediately off the shores of the coast near Fukushima? How about bathing in that water? Drinking it?

I'd wager we could actually put together a collection and get you on a flight over. You could report back to us with your findings.

a.) Yes!

b.) No!

c.) Depending how close but yes, i still eat Fish from the Coast!

d.) No problem with Swimming!

e.) Drinking Saltwater? But i would use it either because the Load
is really small or even Non-Detectable!

f.) I report ca. twice a Week in the "Radiation Watch 2013 Thread"!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Pimpintology

Thank you OP star and flag. I have been watching this very closely. Although not the bears. I have been reading articles about fish in Oregon and Washington suffering the same symptoms as radiation poisoning and no one checks them for radiation they simply say its an illness. In western Canada the people are up in arms per news articles. They have pushed and pushed to get the government out there to test the fish. The natives have also noticed symptoms of radiation poisoning.

It's right in front of everyone's eyes. Heck the Canadians used to do Youtube videos with the radiation readings from rain water. I'd watch in horror thinking "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?" One guy who did a lot of videos is probably developing cancer right now. I know a lot of people will say oh but radioactive decay takes care of it. Uh yeah it turns it into another form of radioactive matter.

Then bio-accumulation and on and on. I stopped eating Tuna as well which really sucks I loved Tuna. I will never eat seafood again. Why isn't deadliest catch checking the crab for radiation? Probably because they wouldn't be able to sell it. Sales of Crab, Lobster, and Shrimp would plummet. High concentrations are going right into the Bering Sea. Anyhow thanks for putting a spotlight on this.

edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: way too much fluoride

It amazes me just how many people are intellectually defending the idea that this is either not happening, or that we are somehow being lied to about it, or that we are in general silly for being concerned over this.

This just amazes me.

Well, we are each free to live in our own reality after all, aren't we ?

Thanks for the comments...let's stay in touch! I grew up in Alaska...and believe me, the thought of not being able to enjoy King Salmon....is just sad. Not to mention the more serious impacts than simply not being able to enjoy a tasty meal.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

FyreByrd

Is Fried a technical term?

For you? Sure. Feel free to quote me all you wish. Just make sure to give me credit.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by GeeBee

Has anyone else seen the disintegrating starfish along the pacific coasts?

You know, the first radiation that is seen is in cow's milk - they eat the grass the rain water feeds.

For all you naysayers - please, eat all the contaminated seafood to your heart's desire. Eat mine, too.

"Trust the gov't"

Well said. Well said. Well said.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

What
, well I guess I should stop frequenting Redondo Beach Pier asking for those steamed Pacific Spider Crabs...yummmmmmm!!! I really enjoyed them for decades!

In all seriousness, I know I'm being affected. The question is, what can I do about it? I have a small green leaf and citrus garden, which would last the three of us all of 90 days (these are my soil gardens fed with R/O water)...then I'm done for 60 days in soil. I successfully produce hydroponics at a rate of 45 days or more. The problem in Los Angeles County is a drought watch. If we use excessive amounts of water between this hour and that hour we're fined heavily! Then what? It would be cool if I could purify enough rainwater for reuse...but there's no rain. I've got my barrels ready to collect....yet nothing for months....no water since I can remember. What's crazy about the precipitation, is that I live in the San Gabriel Mountain Foothills. We usually get all the rain....but, as of yet, nothing measurable. Lately, we have had some Marine Layer, so I put my bags out and at most i collect about 1/2 inch of water over a three day at period at best. That's not even enough to drink!

I'll tell you one thing, I purify my rainwater barrels. I will use it as I please to feed my family when the rains will hopefully be plentiful.

I will say that my beloved local sweet tasting Pacific Ocean spider crabs that have been a staple for my family...are now tasting mighty sour. I thought maybe it was due to age, possibly, i got the wrong one (one of theses crabs weighs about 15 pounds) but after a year of eating these local crabs, they all taste sour which is the opposite of their sweet flavor. I actually like them far better than crabs from all the other Seas.

However, as of June 2013, I ceased eating the grat Pacific Ocean Spider Crab due to the flavor (some of them can stand as much as three feet tall). You're right, something's not right here in the deep Pacific. Nothing tastes the same anymore....it's all sour!

I love my local seafood and all, but I have even switched dairy to almond milk, because even the milk is all wrong...so is the cheese.

Something's not right...that's for sure!
edit on 10/26/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, I am not certain what could begin to properly filter out radioactive particles.

And while I am prone and or want to say something to the effect of "get out of there", unfortunately, I am wise enough to realize that if you pee in one corner of the pool, everyone eventually is swimming in pee.

I wish you and your family well, my friend....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

research3300
Alaska Air replaces uniforms after attendants say it sickened them
www.krem.com...

That is *rather* interesting....thank you for the information!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
But it isn't radioactive though, is it? Toxic, certainly, but containing a negligible amount of actual radiation.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Except that they transitioned to the new uniforms BEFORE Fukushima happened. So what does that have anything to do with it?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

stormcell

EllaMarina
Fur loss and open sores... awful.
I thought there wasn't any actual radioactivity, that it was just a big debris field and little else... and also that the currents would pull it away from the west coast before it reached it.
Have I been misinformed? I think the information was from Fox News, if that helps.

Those could be caused by the toxic chemicals washed offshore - the debris field isn't just floating on the surface but goes all the way down. Paints, oils, house cleaning agents, hair products, anti-freeze. All those countainers are going to slowly rust and disintegrate, and release their contents.

Well, it is rather sad to think that all of our advances, yet we still cannot stop polluting. One major disaster, and everything you mention is tossed into the ocean. Oh, and btw, let's not discuss the stuff that major gov'ts have done under cover of darkness in the ocean as well.

I can honestly say, for myself and my family, swimming in anything other than a swimming pool is out. And before anyone starts in on me, yes, I realize that radioactive particles can arrive into a swimming pool by means of rain clouds.

But hey...man made global warming....buy your indulgences now!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Tested it. The cats here love me right now. The tuna was gone in less than a minute.

Something is fishy about this more so than the Tuna IMHO.

I see ur from Florida (Lots of memories), but anybody from WA, OR, CA? I would test but I have a dog, and she will eat anything. I tried to give her some fresh cooked squid she didn't want though. Which is weird because she loves squid. Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Zaphod58

I'm curious though. You say the West Coast is being inundated with radiation from Fukushima, but I have readings from Hawaii, from a source I have known for years, and trust implicitly that show that despite being right in the path of the radioactive currents from Japan, and right in the jet stream from Japan, Hawaii has seen no increase in radiation, and hasn't seen any animal die offs, or sicknesses that are being attributed to Fukushima. How is that possible?

Zaphod, good question. I am almost certain you are wanting to bait me into some form of argument. So let me disarm you.

-I make no claims to be any form of expert on this matter.

-I am merely trying to draw attention to something folks may not be quite aware of, and did not write the article, as many here who post did not write the article.

-I appreciate where you are coming from with regards to having your own source of information that you know well. However, whereas it's wonderful that you know and trust this source, I do not. I do know that this disaster occurred. I do know that we have not as of yet even been able to recover the core power rods. I also know that even if we could have done so by now (and I'm going off of memory, so I may be incorrect in this) that it is likely that the rods would begin to break apart and thus cause even more mess.

-I think it is wonderful that you are opinionated. As am I. We apparently are at odds. I am more than willing to agree to disagree with you, if you would be so kind as to do the same.

Many folks here feel that ATS is some sort of junior debate club. I am no debater. I suck at it, largely because I become far too emotional to ever support a logical argument. I know this about myself, and hence never became an attorney as many of my friends did. I come here to exchange ideas. Some I take in with great interest. Others I ignore outright. Very, very little do I ever actually believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm more than willing to agree to disagree. I just can't stand fear mongering by sources that don't know what they're talking about, or know a little and use that to blow things out of proportion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine, and by no means am I trying to draw you into an argument. I'm just pointing out that if the West Coast was being inundated as multiple sources claim, then Hawaii should have seen something as well, and they haven't even seen a blip.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Except that they transitioned to the new uniforms BEFORE Fukushima happened. So what does that have anything to do with it?

Apparently you missed the part where I said "That's INTERESTING"....did I say anything other than that ?

Wow, please...for the sake of your own well being. Please just calm down.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join