It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
(Cornucopia Institute)Following ongoing legal pressure from campaign groups and the Washington State Attorney General's office, pro-GMO trade group the Grocery Manufacturers Association released a listof high rolling donors to their campaign aimed at blocking GMO labeling in the state.

As was expected, major food corporations and GMO users such as PepsiCo, Nestle USA, The Coca-Cola Co. and General Mills, among many others, had secretly donated millions of dollars to the GMA campaign to stop Washington Initiative 522, which would require the labeling of all products containing GMOs if passed in November.

Additionally, as Mark Kastel of the Cornucopia Institute stated, “Consumers might be surprised to find out that some of their favorite organic and natural brands, hiding behind their lobbyist, the Grocery Manufacturers Association, are contributing bushel baskets of cash towards thwarting their right to make informed choices in the supermarket.” That list includes brands such as Santa Cruz Organic, Green and Black's Organic, and Burt's Bees.

www.commondreams.org...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have a coke and a smile!

Enjoy that organic food, it's all good for you

No, these companies have your BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. Don't they ?

Read, and THINK.

edit on 24-10-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Because I SAID so...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Dakota,

Since Coca-Cola actually supported Hitler's Reich proudly, this shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.
(It DEFINITELY isn't a suprise to anyone who has delved into the GMO/trangenics topic with any degree of dedication.)
You remember The Reich?
They perfected the weaponization of food for the UN via "Codex Alimentarius".
This is simply the continuation of the same cryto-eugenics program embraced by the elites.
The only solution?
Passive resistance...just stop buying their products.
As powerful as these corperations are they are powerless without the people to buy their toxic waste.
(S+F)

-Amitaba-

edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

As powerful as these corperations are they are powerless without the people to buy their toxic waste.

Perfect. Ideal. Effective. Everything boils down to the actions of people.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There are dozens of companies in on this.
Not just coke and Pepsi.
Just look on ANTI Monsanto websites and Facebook, because the lists are quite long.
Theyre against labeling because the use Gmos in their products.
But none of them are as bad as Nestlé. Nestle is outright EVIL, and does it all under the guise of happy chocolate company.

You my want to find the thread I started here about Nestlé, as they are no better than Monsanto, and do things in tandem with Monsanto.
Thus includes monopolizing the water supple, patents with Monsanto, and taking over supplements

Here it is :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/24/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Eryiedes

Dakota,

Since Coca-Cola actually supported Hitler's Reich proudly, this shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.
(It DEFINITELY isn't a suprise to anyone who has delved into the GMO/trangenics topic with any degree of dedication.)
You remember The Reich?
They perfected the weaponization of food for the UN via "Codex Alimentarius".
This is simply the continuation of the same cryto-eugenics program embraced by the elites.
The only solution?
(S+F)

-Amitaba-

edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

Yepp, I'm with you 100%. How about how Mitsubishi used American POW labor during WWII to rebuild their factories which at the time were making motorized bicycle engines....

Or our *precious* BMW's...with their corporate emblem representing the sky as seen through the propellers of an airplane...as they made airplane engines for germany throughout the war...

And Mercedez-Benz...

Short term memories. Gotta have what's cool and what tastes good.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

PtolemyII
There are dozens of companies in on this.
Not just coke and Pepsi.
Just look on ANTI Monsanto websites and Facebook, because the lists are quite long.
Theyre against labeling because the use Gmos in their products.
But none of them are as bad as Nestlé. Nestle is outright EVIL, and does it all under the guise of happy chocolate company.

You my want to find the thread I started here about Nestlé, as they are no better than Monsanto, and do things in tandem with Monsanto.
Thus includes monopolizing the water supple, patents with Monsanto, and taking over supplements

Here it is :

edit on 10/24/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

Better yet....

Take a read up on how Nestle is buying up almost all of the bottled water companies it can. The CEO was quoted as saying something to the effect of "The average human only has the right to 2.5 liters of fresh water a day, the rest should be [I don't remember the term he used, but basically sold as a commodity]". What alot of folks don't understand is that by buying these companies, they are also buying the water sources the companies were using to make their bottled water products in the first place.

Sick bastards, if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

SadistNocturne
Short term memories. Gotta have what's cool and what tastes good.

Dakota,

Ah, yes.
The everlooming spectre of pop culture in all it's tumultuous splendor.
Short memories indeed.

SadistNocturne
Take a read up on how Nestle is buying up almost all of the bottled water companies it can. The CEO was quoted as saying something to the effect of "The average human only has the right to 2.5 liters of fresh water a day, the rest should be [I don't remember the term he used, but basically sold as a commodity]". What alot of folks don't understand is that by buying these companies, they are also buying the water sources the companies were using to make their bottled water products in the first place.

Agreed.
It takes a special kinda monster to top Nestle.
I forget who the originator of the quote is but it went something like:

"Once we can tax water and breathing, the human race will be doomed to slavery."

Took them a while but it seems they have accomplished just that.

-Amitaba-
edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 25-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I know all about it.
They own about forty fifty brands world wide, including Poland spring, deer Park... One more huge American one....
It's a lot. You can find a full list right on their website.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I guess a few ignorant Nit-Wits didn't like being shot down the first time on this thread....

(Hope I did that link thing right)

And commissioned someone to start a new one.

Good luck arguing GMO's with me.....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

I might have done this link thing wrong..... so another try.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Agreed.
It takes a special kinda monster to top Nestle.
I forget who the originator of the quote is but it went something like:

"Once we can tax water and breathing, the human race will be doomed to slavery."

Took them a while but it seems they have accomplished just that.

Here's what is only ever so slightly more worrisome...

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

PtolemyII

I know all about it.
They own about forty fifty brands world wide, including Poland spring, deer Park... One more huge American one....
It's a lot. You can find a full list right on their website.

And you'd think they'd be trying to invest some of that income into desalination...to at least increase their stores....

Or that maybe some altruistic soul could pull it off.

Instead, we'll die of thirst on a planet 75% covered with water which is too salty to drink.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2

I guess a few ignorant Nit-Wits didn't like being shot down the first time on this thread....

(Hope I did that link thing right)

And commissioned someone to start a new one.

Good luck arguing GMO's with me.....

Guns don't kill, people Kill.

GMO's don't necessarily kill, but corporations will slice your throat over that stray penny.

I do have a problem with the likes of Monsanto and their single generation seeds. How long before these have managed to be cross pollinated and have tainted all of the worlds genetic stock?

I do have a problem with the thought of Gov'ts, largely at the behest of corporations like Monsanto, wanting to ban the planting and germination of non-approved seeds. Couldn't begin to understand why a company like Monsanto could possibly want this. Nope, not at all.

I do have a problem with a company which has shown such poor control over their own product that it shows up growing "wild" ten years after it was supposedly ceased as an experiment, in some farmers field.

So, go on about "all this GMO hate" all you want. I have nothing against scientific advancement for the good of the planet and the good of mankind. And you can feel free to fervently suckle at Monsanto's teat all you want.

And besides, why are you so bruising for a fight? All I am talking about here is the clear labeling of products as being either organic or not, and the ability to know and understand what corporations are actively backing these efforts.

Not really worth a "fight", now is it? Or is there something about this that you feel should remain shrouded from the sight of consumers?
edit on 26-10-2013 by SadistNocturne because: (no reason given)

(post by livinglifeseekingtruth2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

So why would companies that sell consumable products want to kill off their customers?

Seems somewhat counterintuitive to me, but completely logical to you.

Why?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

So why would companies that sell consumable products want to kill off their customers?

Buenos Dias,

This is because it's not about money.
Money is simply how the slaves are controlled & manipulated.
It's about domination and population control.
Pure and simple.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So everyone dies. (Why haven't they yet?)

And then what?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

So everyone dies. (Why haven't they yet?)

And then what?

Who said they haven't already?
It's called: "The boiling frog".

"The boiling frog story describes a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death."

As for what's next...look up eugenics, crypto-eugenics, transhumanism or bioethics.
Same old product...brand new packaging.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Sorry but I think you're just making it up as you go.

A boiling frog has no choice, you do.

How can you control people if they have the choice?
How do you keep on controlling people if you've poisoned them all?

You see, it is all about the money, how to increase profits, how to stay relevant. Killing off consumers is a quick way to decrease profits and stop being relevant.

They can't control people if people don't use their products.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
How can you control people if they have the choice?

It's called "The Hegalian Dialectic" and it's been manipulating people throughout human history.

en.wikipedia.org...

(It's easier understood as: Problem-Reaction-Solution...but the actual terminology is Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis)

How do you keep on controlling people if you've poisoned them all?

You don't have to control the sick. They will "control themselves" in their attempts to recieve a medical cure or alleviate whatever symptoms they have. All their energy and money will focus on trying to become well and not on what actually made them sick. Simple math really.

You see, it is all about the money, how to increase profits, how to stay relevant. Killing off consumers is a quick way to decrease profits and stop being relevant.

They already HAVE all the money. It's not about wealth. It's about control. You are looking at the problem too superficially.

They can't control people if people don't use their products.

THAT'S the only method of resistance left to the people, and if I may be so bold, the only part of your post you got right. Now...just try getting seven billion people to stop buying stuff they've been decieved into thinking they can't live without and the invisible cage of rampant consumerism begins to materialize.
Humanity has been reduced to mindless consumers and until the actual moment it directly affects them (i.e.: no food on the table)...nobody will do ANYTHING.

-Amitaba-
edit on 27-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join