It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For All Marines, Fromer And Active Duty.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

capod2t

Bigburgh
reply to post by capod2t

Holy F.....
Here here!

I was moved.

...elevator operator! / Recon Ranger! / Lo righty layo! / Love to double time!

This is for you my jarheadded brother:
[yvid]IMdM8CWB-DI[/yvid

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

HomerinNC

capod2t

Bigburgh
reply to post by capod2t

Holy F.....
Here here!

I was moved.

...elevator operator! / Recon Ranger! / Lo righty layo! / Love to double time!

This is for you my jarheadded brother:
[yvid]IMdM8CWB-DI[/yvid

uuuuuuuuuuuROOOOF-ROOOOF!

GIMME SOME!

Leather For Life!
edit on 24-10-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by capod2t

A star for you my friend, I could not have said it better. The Marine must have been sickened to do his duty but he did it. He no doubt would have rather have charged an enemy company than be so humiliated.
And don't think for a second Obama didn't know what he was doing....payback was his agenda.

So true.

...he'd rather have been spit shining. Or clipping Irish pennants. Or starching his Deltas.

"And if that deltoid starts to burn / keep it up for another turn!"
edit on 24-10-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

is that a no, or are you calling me out?
are you active or former?

i didn't come up with it,according to the story obama did. as a Marine you know how we hold traditions. i'm just asking what you think.

edit on 24-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

No...not calling you out...just reacting to the thought of male marines in female dress blue covers...

Prior active duty...but I may be working right along side them real soon again in the civilian sector...
Marine and Tradition are synonymous.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

they do look a the lot like the french.

the first time i saw that video you posted, i wondered if that Marine was thinking, ___ing ____bird obama.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What's the Commandants opinion? If none make him wear that ugly pug Cover in public and see how long this debacle lasts. Is this for both enlisted and officers or just the enlisted side? Horrible!
No offence to the brave firefighters we have here, but that small cover reminds me of some of their uniform hats.
What next we wear squorts (skirt/shorts) with blood stripes for both sexes?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

der Führer has to worry about everything, but cares about nothing but what he wants.
a unisex Corps there will not be.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

i wonder if he looked under the rug at all the dirt he has missed.
i 'll put you down for a no.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oops looks like this a Marine Corps idea and has nothing to do with Obama. LINK

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

sorry i missed your post, i never had to wear green silk pt short. over the different duty stations we mostly wore red shorts and t shirts. back then we wore white t shirts under our cammies, so mostly it was white t shirts.
some of them we had gold t's with the ega and duty stations name on them.

and that's 1 no vote for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

MrSpad

thanks for the link, just goes to show how much the msm's pick up from one another. can't be scooped by any body. or bothered to verify.
i was pretty sure it was a legit story, i found four sources that carried it.

i surly thought one would have doubled checked it. i'll check to see if i can find more to verify the link you posted.

again thanks.

ETA: i even had made up a new cadence for the new style covers.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

MrSpad

thanks for the link, just goes to show how much the msm's pick up from one another. can't be scooped by any body. or bothered to verify.
i was pretty sure it was a legit story, i found four sources that carried it.

i surly thought one would have doubled checked it. i'll check to see if i can find more to verify the link you posted.

again thanks.

ETA: i even had made up a new cadence for the new style covers.

No problem here is the real story. ABC Marines

A Marine official says that recently the Marine Corps Uniform Board, comprised of non-commissioned officers and officers, discussed a change in the headgear known as a “cover” as a means of streamlining uniform rules for men and women. Since 1952 female Marines have worn distinctive service caps known as “bucket cover.” About 6 percent of the 195,000 Marines in active duty are women. A survey was emailed to all active duty and reserve Marines earlier this week to gauge their preference about moving towards a new hat or requiring female Marines to wear a modified version of the male version of the cover. The survey will conclude on Friday.
Members of the Marine Corps Uniform Board working this issue do not seem to support the switch to a unisex cap. According to a copy of the survey obtained by ABC News none of the working group members supported the idea of a universal cover.
The board will meet next Tuesday and use the results of the survey to help them decide if a change is necessary. Whatever recommendation they make will then have to be approved by Gen. James Amos, the Marine Corps Commandant.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
well it appears this is a 1/4 turth, obama didn't order it. but the dod is looking into a unisex option for the dress and service cover. according to the Stars And Stripes.

The Marine Corps also has been asked by the DoD to find a unisex option for a dress and service cover, Marines said.
So, the Marine Corps Uniform Board, which meets quarterly, decided to gather feedback in advance of its meeting next week. Active and Reserve Marines were asked to vote on whether they believe women should adopt the current male cover, with some small modifications, or for all Marines to adopt what they call the Dan Daly cap

Marines shoot down Internet story on Obama’s alleged push for ‘girly hats’

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Further more! How much is this gonna cost!

Entirely too much. How much does an E3 make? They could throw some cost of living raises for the amount the switch over would take.

NO MONEY FOR VETS. MOST FORWARD SERVING TROOPS STILL DON'T HAVE THE PROPER PROTECTION. LIKE BALLISTICS VEST.

I am currently deployed and I have yet to see anyone not issued proper vests, helmets, and weapons.

On the record, I'm in a Marine FOB right now, and have heard conversations about this. No one cares for the new cover, and quite frankly I think they'd rather have a raise, even a measly one.
edit on pFri, 25 Oct 2013 01:19:45 -0500201325America/Chicago2013-10-25T01:19:45-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Absolutely not...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My vote is NO! The Marine Corp uniform is perfect the way it is. This change is like everything else on the list of goals by the communist party. Change a nations history, remove historical statues-replace with abstract ugly sculptures, etc., etc. More attempts to degrade the morale of the military.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join