It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Underwater Obelisks in Pacific Ocean at exact opposite side from the Great Pyramid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Arken is bringing items to the boards he finds interesting, whether debunked or not it's neither here nor there, it's fun to indulge even if it's a rock or glitch in the system.

@Arken,

Thank you for posting this, it's always fun to read what you bring to the boards, even if it's a rock, I appreciate your dedication to bring anomolies here for discussion.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I can't explain better...

This is exactly my approach to the threads.

edit on 26-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That is very nice of you.

In fact, everything should be questioned and understood.

You found the Anomaly in Google Earth and is sharing it with us.

I have a few questions if you would care to answer

1. Is the formation or glitch in Google Earth exactly at the opposite end of earth ? What is your take on an earlier post that the formation/glitch is around 280 miles away from the point opposite to the Great Pyramid?

2. Have your considered the chance that the formation could in fact be a google earth glitch?

3. Bathymetric data is mostly available for almost all areas of the ocean, spare a few. So, this formation should be present in the bathymetric data too. have you come across any such data?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Astyanax
reply to post by Arken

I'm not agitated, Arken, and my post was quite civil.

Indeed, it was intended as friendly advice. If you don't change your way of thinking, you'll become one of life's big losers sooner or later. That would be a shame.

Well...that's relative to what you consider constitutes 'winning' doesn't it?

Some would atribute wealth, fame, academic recognition and so on to be the hallmarks of a 'winner'.

I don't.

They could just as easily be seen as traits swimming in vanity, selfishness and snobery.

Same is true of what your definition of a 'loser' is.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This proves something all right....but about the poster. Where do people get this weird stuff into their head from. Is it something in blogs they read and the websites they visit?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No such thing as coincidence....

These things are placed on lay lines to summon etheric energy. the opposite side of the earth will be a direct lay line like that of Egypt.

Lands sink in rise, that is why it is under water.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

vind21
I think that any anomalies that are supposedly directly opposite to the great pyramids are worthy of investigation.

The first thing that came to my mind is electrical discharge.

If the pyramids were some sort of "energy machine" or whatever people claim, it's quite possible that it would build up a lot of material where ever excess charge was exiting the system. Similar to corrosion of a spark plug or the way ships use zinc bars on their hulls to prevent rust.

Where ever the system goes to ground there is potential for build up of material such as these pictures from an improperly grounded system in an engine. They show build up on a spark plug electrode of differing materials, I simply can not remember the term for the process that is the opposite of this, where material is collected at a differing location from the actual electrode due to electrical "bleed off"

vind21,

Does this mean that you conceive that humanity is some sort of residue living on the crusty mineral coating of a cosmic spark plug left behind by Aliens for use as a power source whenever they happen by this part of the galaxy? Earth would still work, and Mars with its pyramid is a worn out spark plug? If so we'd find a very corroded obelisk directly across from the Mars pyramid. Your theory reminds of the Twilight zone, but way creepier. Then again, don't they hide the truth because we couldn't take it?

GS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

hoonsince89

These things are placed on lay lines to summon etheric energy.

Don't you mean Ley lines?
Can you define "etheric energy"? What units are used when "etheric energy" is measured?

Harte

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Harte

hoonsince89

These things are placed on lay lines to summon etheric energy.

Don't you mean Ley lines?
Can you define "etheric energy"? What units are used when "etheric energy" is measured?

Harte

In Woo-Woo Units perhaps??

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

What's the cost of a Woo-woo unit per kWh these days?

Might be worth switching to woo-woos before the price hikes.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Cost ??? Damn cheap.
The number of people who would foolishly believe all pseudo crap that is getting hailed as new age knowledge, which instead is new age baloney and new age hooey created by con men and frauds.....hey we get millions of dumbwits. all of them generates enormous amounts woo-woo power.

But the question is ..what do we do this enormous amount of stupidity..oops...sorry..amount of woo woo power????

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
bathymetric data here (probably) You may have to search for the longitude and latitude though.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

hoonsince89

These things are placed on lay lines to summon etheric energy. the opposite side of the earth will be a direct lay line like that of Egypt.

Lands sink in rise, that is why it is under water.

Yes they sink and rise in a vertical motion, and they also "drift" from side to side. Moreso in some areas than in others. Maybe this could account for some of the 150+ mile discrepancy. If the pyramids moved AND the opposite end moved, then you could cut that discrepancy roughly in half.

Unfortunately, unless the pyramids and hypothetical opposite end structures were built over 500,000 years ago, I don't think that is viable, since I believe continental drift is only like one inch per year. Unless some major event increase the movement of some plates. Then again, they say our dating techniques are flawed so maybe there could have been a huge gap in time somewhere in the radiological decay...

Then again, perhaps it was never meant to be built EXACTLY on the opposite end. And as another member mentioned, there are different ways to define "the opposite end". Maybe, as the Giza Plateau is supposed to be located at the center of earths landmass, perhaps the structures are located at the opposite end using this same criteria. The structures may not be at the geological opposite, but may be located where the center of the Earths LEAST landmass is located? Or something like that because I do not think I described it properly.

Or maybe instead of landmass it is meant to be the center of oceanmass? I don't know, I'm just rambling now... Somebody check the bathtubmetric data or whatever...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

alfa1

Arken
... the exact opposite side of the Earth from the Great Pyramid?

An easy claim to check.
Various sources say the pyramid lies at: 29°58′45.03″N 31°08′03.69″E

Thus, the "exact opposite" is at 29°58′45.03″S 148°51′56.31″W

So for a start, your guy is lying to you.
His "interesting" object at 32°30′07.74″S 149°52′46.51″W is actually 296.6 km (184.3 miles) away.

What a liar.

Actually that is fairly close to being antipodal, all things considered. Then there is the fact of plate tectonics, too, so perhaps it used to be even closer to the antipode -- although 4000 years x's 10 cm/yr (an upper bound on plate motions) is only 0.4 km.

Then there is the fact that there were actually four great pyramids, but the Romans dismantled one for construction materials. This would cause there to be four lines dividing the earth in four parts, but they should all again coincide at the antipode.

My guess is either glitches or seamounts, although usually seamounts lie in chains.
edit on 28-10-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The spike from Google Earth

The spike as well as the location opposite to the Great Pyramid

Bathymetric Image, NOAA Data

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

MrInquisitive
Then there is the fact that there were actually four great pyramids, but the Romans dismantled one for construction materials.

WTF?

There is only ONE Great Pyramid, not three.

Link us to the missing fourth pyramid at Giza.

Harte

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I believe he is referring to the ruins of Abu Ruwash

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Civility is not "claiming" that if they don't change there way of thinking they will become one of life's big losers sooner or later. That itself is a irrelevant, arrogant, pompass statement to make to anyone on these boards.

Thank you for your opinion. I beg to differ.

By the way, the spelling is 'pompous'. You might want to look up its meaning, too.

reply to post by MysterX

Well...that's relative to what you consider constitutes 'winning' doesn't it? Some would atribute wealth, fame, academic recognition and so on to be the hallmarks of a 'winner'. I don't.

You can define victory however you please, but an excess of credulity would still make you a loser.

To point that out is not incivility. It is good advice, kindly intended. Don't forget I am paying Arken the compliment of assuming he genuinelly believes this nonsense and is not simply out for notoriety, stars and flags.

edit on 28/10/13 by Astyanax because: of circumstance and the other thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

alfa1

Arken
... the exact opposite side of the Earth from the Great Pyramid?

An easy claim to check.
Various sources say the pyramid lies at: 29°58′45.03″N 31°08′03.69″E

Thus, the "exact opposite" is at 29°58′45.03″S 148°51′56.31″W

So for a start, your guy is lying to you.
His "interesting" object at 32°30′07.74″S 149°52′46.51″W is actually 296.6 km (184.3 miles) away.

What a liar.

Off by 184 miles at a distance of 12,000 miles on a not-perfect sphere---close enough in my book for "opposite". it really is a surprise on Googlearth.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Darn it. I had a really awesome metaphysical experience once, related to the sphinx, which led me to wonder if there might be, somewhere, another one, perhaps on the opposite side of the globe facing it. I keep waiting to see if science finds anything like that.

I don't think this particular claim is very tight alas -- but it IS interesting and I agree that it's not off by enough that I'd discount it for that reason alone. I'd really love to see something mysterious and groovy turn up around there. I wish our satellites could see even better into the ocean.

Ooooh there's a conspiracy with just as much evidence as most other things today. Maybe THEY really can see the ocean floor in much greater detail but it's a conspiracy of technology THEY are keeping from us. :-)

edit on 29-10-2013 by RedCairo because: fix

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join