It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were on The Walking Dead what would you do to survive???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Be just my luck to end up as one of the first walkers, nom nom nom....

BRAIIIIIIINNNNSSSSS!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A large boat would be my first acquisition. I'd then use an inflatable raft with an engine to ferry me from the boat to the shore to pull "raids" until I can find a small island to make a permanent home on. A place where I can plant crops, fish, hunt (if big enough) and of course, live naked.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You gotta keep the bodies off of the fences first off.
I would lure the Z's away from the fence, then using 2 large vehicles and a large rope, chain, or cable.....well I'm sure you get the idea, 2 zombie halves are not nearly as fast as a whole one.
Then in a pit clear of the brush, i'd burn the bodies....oooh that's right, bodies don't really burn like that do they??
Oh well, remove their jaws and arms and let em walk I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah...with all the ways there are to out smart zombies...lol....I think making yourself a prisoner would be the least desirable option ! Silly show, but entertaining in it's own "sick" way...especially because WE KNOW...we would do things soo much better!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
scope out a viable escape route. Find transportation. Find a place to go...I like the Island diea.

Get there.

Make trips back to main land for supplies and other civilization / colony starting necessities like encyclopedias and all sorts of how to books, tools. Maybe hit an ebay shipping warehouse.

I would look for a fortified island. Maybe something that was once military, old fort, ammo depot.

Little by little find more survivors...increase defences...

all with the plan to train and equip them to one day venture back into the mainland to eliminate the zombie threat.

I bet our society would focus around purging the world of the zombie threat. We wouldnt just stay on that island. We would need to find at least 5 thousand people to keep the species going. They wouldnt just find us.

We would also need to train our people in things besides zombie killing. Doctors, engineers, ect. We would need to find professionals and teachers quickly before they all died. SO we would need many ships, planes, and helicopters as well as a hefty supply of fuel to get around.

Maybe we would raid a few military bases and air fields /airports.

In the end I would look for long term survival with the purpose of returning in force.

That dinky prison wouldnt make me feel safe and I couldnt allow any survivors to stay to die. I would convince them one way or the other once I found a viable course of action for us to take besides starving to death.

edit on 10 24 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

MountainLaurel
WE KNOW...we would do things soo much better!

I KNOW RIGHT???
First season, Rick had access to a tank, I'd have gone back with a few 5 gallon containers of diesel and played GTA!
This time with no wanted level.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Alcatraz would be a sweet spot if you had enough supplies to last until you could start your own crops. But of course with my luck, as soon as we had our first viable crop....EARTHQUAKE!

Back to square one if I survived.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As for the show I think it would be best if they get them to leave the prison. A change is well in order. I think they might as they were showing now that it's not all that safe afterall. I'd try make it to an island that's large enough to allow me to hunt and grow / raise food. Now that I got my boating license it might be almost an idea to move to the great lakes and live there maybe. Who knows. I should look into that.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Remember, that travel is both extremely perilous in general, and slow and difficult going. They probably haven't moved from the prison because of the fact that not only is it relatively secure, but they don't have any idea of another place that might be safe. You need a base of safety before you can consider things like construction, farming, etc. I do like some of the ideas here about using walkers to mask the place from other walkers - maybe a moat and drawbridge would be a good idea, except instead of water in the moat, make it walkers - it would just need to be deep enough so they couldn't get out, and wide enough so they couldn't cross.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
what would I do to live?
haha
Die

if you can't beat em....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't think I am teaming up with others.

Next thing you know people will be feeding zombies and making stupid rules that put you and your family in harms way.

Like taking guns and eventually taxing your labor(lol. Just kidding but not really)

Keep moving and find a secluded place, quietly.

One thing I have learned after being on this planet for 34 years is that people suck.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'd find a hiding place in the prison. Then start putting my gear there that I plan to take with me. Then I'd work on securing a simple exit. Like cutting the fence in a few small places. Not big enough so walkers could get in just a straight line of cuts so I could bend back the fense and get out.

Then what I'd do is decide if anyone is fit enough and willing enough to join. If so I'd get them to pack there gear. I'd get a map and compass of the area and figure out a plan to get me to the nearest town that's by a river. I'd then use the water way as a way to get me to the coast. Also gives me water and food along the way. And I'd likely use a canoe or some other boat so I wouldn't have to worry about walkers. At night just either turn the boat upside down and use it as a protective cover. Or if the water is slow just anchor the boat and sleep in it so walkers couldn't get to me. Then from time to time stop at whatever houses are on the banks and pick up food and supplies and camp out for a while in them. Maybe even just move into one if I could find one that's away from any walkers. But using the water ways might be a good approach to getting to the coast. Then finding an island to stay on.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

MysterX
Sail or motor to a smallish, remote island.

I think the issue there is the sheer number of people who would have the same idea!

The sea would be over populated and coastal areas would be under resourced to handle it. The shores may also attract herds of the undead because of the rush.

In the longer term, I think using the uninfected ocean as a food source would be an excellent idea. In the initial rush I think it would be best to gather as many resources as possible and wait it out till the right time. In reality surviving for a couple of months doesn't take that much food, and the initial outbreak would leave a lot of items just lying around. I suppose if the dead float then perhaps the water might not be the best idea mainly because they might carry disease.

Major risks I think are being too keen to move somewhere permanent, trying to find friends and family, and refusing to carry out basic hygiene precautions. Disease would be a much bigger killer than the undead I suspect.

Play it like poker and do the opposite of everyone else at the table would be my approach which likely rules out shopping complexes and the ocean.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pinke because: Poker

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

The main problem with the TV show is that it has gone over the rails is regards to the original script of the BD, that is far more realistic (to a point) and without the unnecessary drama (even if has becoming worst in that regard also). It is all due to lack of creativity and will to shine a light into the more basic human nature. Most of the cool character of the BD have had that possibility not so much on the TV show that now seems mostly a waste of time (I did like the self created ambush in the market store, it could have been done slower, more intelligently and with much more details, it became extremely bad because by this point people in their shoes and experience would have handled it a lot better, or just avoided the problem from the start).

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Cardio
The Double Tap
Beware of Bathrooms
Wear Seat Belts
No Attachments
Etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If I were at that prison. Leave. I'm sorry too many problems happened already at the start of this season and just more about to happen. If not...I'm surprised.

I'd, if they want to come with
kay, but I'd move north away from hot states because the zombies are slower;well in the comics at least. They don't move as fast and I'd believe there would be more survivors along the way north. Okay I would find a army truck personnel carrier and save up on gas and along the way scavenge for food when absolutely needed. They don't scavenge enough...swear to god. I'd be stocking up on weapons, ammo, water, dried food (canned would be every once in awhile thing). Yeah I'm going all bug out bag lol. Anyways move north, I like the island idea but I don't know, something would go wrong; Just know it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Like a couple pop cans attached as a trip. so if something hits the fence the pop cans start rattling.

That's the exact same 'alarm system' i used to set up as a kid when out in the wilds camping with mates.

We used fishing line, in a wide circle around the entire campsite, with a couple of sets of empty cans tied to the line.

(make sure the line is Human waist or chest height, or the alarm will be set off by small animals and not people)

Another idea for getting out of dodge if you are land locked and can't reach the sea (or large lake) would be to head for an airfield. Locate a small blimp or hot air balloon (unless you can fly a chopper or light aircraft then grab one of those). Then fly to a remote island. (ok ok, if you have a large party of survivors, this will take multiple trips)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

MysterX

Well...i wouldn't be doing what the moronic show writers make the characters do, that's for sure.

The safest place?

The ocean...afaik, zombies aren't great at swimming.

A boat, probably a fully stocked would be easily found at any harbour or marina would be the best bet for survival.

Sail or motor to a smallish, remote island.

Scout for zombie locals who may give you trouble and get rid of them, then you're sitting pretty.

Live on the island until either the zombies run out of dinner victims on the mainland and starve, or the infection / virus causing the mutation itself mutates into something like a common cold (or whatever).

Why anyone would feel the need to stay on the mainland surrounded by millions of flesh eating zombies is beyond me.

I came to this conclusion three seasons ago.
Good thing the writer's didn't.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It's looking like they'll end up spending the whole season at the prison again. That to me just sucks. I might watch season 1 "again", just for kicks. Season 1 was the only good season. It was just "so crazy". But ever since then season 2 more safe, season 3 even more safe etc etc. They should be constantly on the run trying to find food, supplies, safety. They stay in one place for a while, then they have to keep going. Instead they get rid of all the danger, all the action all the everything. There's nothing left! Might as well watch leave it to beaver. They're completely safe and secure. Were watching "The Waltons" essentially. Like talk about boring.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would be a ruthless quazi hero I guess. I woul have no problem killing a person bitten, or stoping people from taking whats mine.

I wouldnt play head games either, I would state my purpose and be honest all the time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join