It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Be Loved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What gives greater satisfaction: to feel loved intensely by others, or to feel intense love for others?

Both are fantastic gifts that many people are fortunate enough to have in their lives, though many miss out on one or the other from time-to-time. They are important for our confidence, sense of self-worth and motivation.

To feel loved by others - an incredible feeling where you realise there are other people who will be there for you in your dark times and support you. It doesn't matter if bad luck or misfortune have found their way into your life, these people will stand by you. They are willing to lend a helping hand without expecting something in return.

To feel love for others - an amazing feeling where you realise how much affection you feel for another person and would do anything to be there for them and help them achieve their dreams. These are the people who the mere thought of brings tingling sensations down your spine.

So whether it's the love of family, your best friend or significant other, which of the above two do you think gives the most satisfaction?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

What gives greater satisfaction: to feel loved intensely by others, or to feel intense love for others?

A combination equal of both.

I can see lots of skeptics of love bashing this thread, they will tell you that love is a illusion and all the rest of it but I like your OP.

Nice thread, S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

A perfect mixture of all of the above...rare..i had it once for a bit..and i locked it away for safekeeping. but not safe enough..as it has been desecrated and defiled...a memory that was mine now is shared by many. Violation to me...but they would have you to believe it was my fault for looking in....maybe I was trying to warn people...maybe i was asking for help...id say i was trying to give a coded heads up. Had no idea they would stoop to this level. The love we shared for a moment was more than anything ive ever experienced....now that shes not here, my ability to experience beauty and love has diminished significantly....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The having of one, but not the other of these, renders whichever component one possesses almost without value, in my experience. An engine has no value without access to the fuel to run it, and petroleum fuel has no value in a land with no engines, aside from being handy for things like massive arson attacks (which are dastardly and not at all good form). Like fury and serenity, like the frozen heart of winter, and the baking gaze of summer, the two components give each other meaning, and only with both components can balance be achieved.

To give love and not receive it drains the soul, and to receive it without giving it is the mark of the narcissist. A happy medium then (and no, not a stoned clairvoyant), would seem to be the ideal.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well, the only thing I've ever really loved was my dog and I'm not sure if he loves me as much as I love him
. When I come home from being out for a while he's always extremely happy to see me and it feels good to know someone missed me. So personally, I guess receiving the love gives me greater satisfaction.

Side note- Currently I'm in a 'relationship' but it's more of a nuisance than a joy. It's easier to get affection from my dog plus I can read his body language better.

new topics

top topics

join