It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Spying on the EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Now, I know this is all old news and to be completely honest not shocking in the slightest but I just found a little new's segment on bbc:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Germany has summoned the US ambassador in Berlin over claims that the US monitored German Chancellor Angela Merkel's mobile phone.

It goes on to say more but its worth a read. This is the second official to be "targeted" by the NSA for monitoring and no doubt there are many more. Its good to see its not just Joe public who have been targeted but could you imagine the snap chat monitoring on Merkel's phone? With a face like that me no want to see the rest!

Another abuse of power to find out more about votes (See the French monitoring from the NSA on that one) in the EU / UN. Soon the world will have had enough of this and turn against America, its a shame what a government is doing to a proud nation.

All jokes a side (oh and if you do read the HYS comments, yes the snap chat one was me
) when will this end? Who will be next? When will I find the right place to post a topic? Will my shoulder ever be fixed?

Find out on next week on the next episode of: My god, my head is killing me

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I swear the US government just does not learn.

No government does... Apart from Iceland.

You are so right, if the NSA keeps this up, the rest of the western world will eventually turn on them.

The US people deserve better than the agencies and politicians they have "Defending them"

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Jeebus Murphy!
This is standard practice since 1952..........DUH
The Echelon project is ongoing..........nothing new......

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think this is something that happens allot , more in the sense of economic strategically advantage point of view? Not in terms of war or terrorism.

And I do think the NSA is not only one doing this other countries will also use this kind of strategies.
Maybe other countries are also trying to spy on Barrack Obama if they succeed ? well I think not..

Maybe it's another card Edward snowden has played out?
edit on 0b31America/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 06:16:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 06:16:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Bet they had right fun listening in on Silvio Berlusconi phone calls

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

crazyewok

HAHA! quite right!

Could you imagine a few suits listening in: "Remeber Agent Jim, we only push the big red button when he says something about bad America, he can have sex with all the prostitutes, goats and inanimate objects he likes"

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

crazyewok

Madness!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by opuscosmos

reply to post by Biigs

Cant stop the Bunga Bunga partys

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It may be "bad form" to spy on your so-called allies, and it's downright stupid to get caught.
But at the end of the day, it is the NSA's job to gather FOREIGN signals intelligence.
You can argue whether or not such an agency should exist, but as long as it does, this is much more in line with what they should be doing.
This is not in the same ballpark as scooping up Americans' phone calls and online activities en masse.

top topics

join