It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About to fly to Australia from France, Fukushima-related questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

So I will soon fly to Australia from France. That's a BIG trip (around 22 hours flight) and I was wondering if Fukushima has augmented radioactivity in the upper atmosphere. I know that (and there is no connection) pilots and aircraft crews are more prone to be exposed to natural contamination during flights, but I was wondering if it had increased since Fukushima.

Also given that Australia (going to east coast) is close to japan (much closer than france anyway hehe) is there any risk that the ocean is contaminated? Fish? I'm going there to do some spearfishing...

Many thanks for your replies...

I know I sound candid but with the overall lack of info about the subject, it's hard to know what's going on and the extent of contamination.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Australia is too far from Japan to be a concern. The sea channelled Tsunami debris towards the Pacific Northwest/West coast of the US. Zero impact here in Australia.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
no get real. If you get within maybe a 100km radius that might be a cause for concern, but you'd be well over 10,000 kms away, there's nothing there that you're not getting right now in france.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

well technically I thought Australia was closer than the US. I don't know about currents tho... and fish swim fast!!!

...and you're wrong there is that hot chick that I don't get here in France...
that's also why I go there.

thanks for replies.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Hey mate!
Have no worry about seafood or things like that here- we've never really fished in that area and to be honest the majority of our sea products come from the bass straight (that bit of water between Tasmania and main land Australia). Other that that it'd come from the East Coast. Either way- you've nothing to worry about!
Although, today was stinking hot and about 38 degrees Celsius! Where are you coming to stay while down under?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Are you talking about Lara Bingle?! hahha!!!
I know it's not much to say over an internet forum but she's a good mate of mine and she quite frequently visits ATS

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I can understand your concern and my initial reaction was that you won't have a problem - then I read the following:

www.stuff.co.nz..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.stuff.co.nz...

Macfadyen had sailed exactly the same course from Melbourne to Osaka, all he'd had to do to catch a fish from the ocean between Brisbane and Japan was throw out a baited line.

"There was not one of the 28 days on that portion of the trip when we didn't catch a good-sized fish to cook up and eat with some rice," Macfadyen recalled.

But this time, on that whole long leg of sea journey, the total catch was two.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
hey samuel,
No I'm not planning to visit Lara Bingle, except if she's insanely hot and has a decent brain, then I might change my plans

landing in Sydney, staying a couple of days then heading to Great Barrier Reef, then Brisbain driving in a van to Byron Bay... road trip with a 2 day happy ending in a luxury resort.

Quedup,
being a fisherman I can assure you that there are no laws in catching fish. Experience and luck are the two equally important factors in a good fishing trip. This said, I think we all know that our food reserves are on the fall worldwide. I have been diving for 20 years (apnea) and spear fishing with the upmost respect to Planet Earth and my true mother the Sea. I have seen sadly a dramatic fall in the fish stock in French Mediterranea.
It's sad but unfortunately I have become very pessimistic...

I'll let you guys know about me first time in Australia.

Any special recomandations regarding spearfishing in your ocean? i know I won't be keeping fish on my weight belt as I usually do here because of sharks and won't be trying to pick up conic shells (they dart you and you die from cardiac arrest haha)... nor will I touch cute little tiny colorful squids that will bite me and i would die from nerve damage or cardiac arrest. I'll also try to keep an eye out for box jellyfish (cardiac arrest) etc, etc, etc...

Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Logiciel
Hello everyone,

So I will soon fly to Australia from France. That's a BIG trip (around 22 hours flight) and I was wondering if Fukushima has augmented radioactivity in the upper atmosphere. I know that (and there is no connection) pilots and aircraft crews are more prone to be exposed to natural contamination during flights, but I was wondering if it had increased since Fukushima.

Also given that Australia (going to east coast) is close to japan (much closer than france anyway hehe) is there any risk that the ocean is contaminated? Fish? I'm going there to do some spearfishing...

Many thanks for your replies...

I know I sound candid but with the overall lack of info about the subject, it's hard to know what's going on and the extent of contamination.

Not sure if there's a connection, but drop bears have been particularly aggressive the last year or so

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There is natural radiation, the more the higher up you are. Wikipedia says something about 40 mSievert per year, which is about 4 times the amount you would get on ground level per year.

I wouldn't worry about Fukushima on this travel.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Artlogic

drop bear

btw your avatar cracked me up

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Logiciel
reply to post by Artlogic

drop bear

btw your avatar cracked me up

Lol! Great pic

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

We get nothing here in France...

A couple of years back President Mitterand told everybody that the Chernobyl cloud stopped at the border

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hahaha...
That's actually true.

Now that there is Fukushima, Tchernobyl sounds like an innofensive little child. Even though the dome is cracking... but first things first...

Anyway. Now even top notch engeneers and scientists are too busy posting on FB or doing whatever is more interesting than finding a solution for Fukushima. Or perhaps things are too desperate?

Damn I'm pissed off at human race. "Princess Mononoke" from Miyazaki was airing on TV yesterday. It is so relevant it shrunk my heart. Miyazaki said he has decided to stop doing anime movies. I truely wonder if it's not because of Fukushima. He has been trying to help us understand the dangers of greed and technology all these years...
Sad.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Keep an eye out for Mothra..

new topics

top topics

join