It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgraced campus cop who doused students with pepper spray during peaceful Occupy protest awarded $3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The former University of California, Davis police officer who made national headlines in 2011 after he pepper-sprayed Occupy protesters has reached a worker's compensation settlement worth nearly $40,000. A judge on October 16 approved the $38,000 settlement between John Pike and the University of California. The 40-year-old former officer said he suffered depression and anxiety after death threats were sent to him and his family over the November 18, 2011, incident.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ment-psychiatric-injuries.html#ixzz2icQ714Zg

Justice in America, the cop comes out the winner. He also gets his retirement. Yes he gets more than the kids he sprayed...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

if one of the protesters took it to court they would get told they were in the wrong to start with and thrown out.the government will reward cops etc for displaying extream control methods,its crazy.i got my car bogged really bad the other day about 7.45pm it was almost completely dark,there was a house directly oppest me I held my hand on the horn to try and get someone to come out,after 15 mins no one did,so I went to the door of the house knocked on the door,the woman that lived in the house came to the door an asked who is it,i told her my name an I lived close by an that I was bogged and need to call a toe truck,my phone was stolen two days b4.she replyed with no go away I cant help you I begged her to help but she didn't want to so I left an went back to my car just as I did three cars were coming down the road as they got closer I could see they were cops,i started flaging them down they stoped jumped out an told me to get on the ground that's when five cops all jumped on me at once an locked me up they told me that the lady had freaked out an called the police,it was very strange,when they let me go I had been charged with trespassing.wtf Australia is going down fast,

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

I don't know you, and I don't know what kind of political theory/ideology you may adhere to .....but

Can you see that the police/communist/anti-constitutional push that the current administration - and the prior administrations, Bushes, Clinton, ect. - is anti-american?

Just asking.....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
See that's the difference down here in Australia,

It doesn't matter what ideology or political crap you subscribe too, an Aussie would have just come and helped out at the very least, or come to see ( or complain about the horn) or what was going on..

one thing that twisted my head while living in the US, you guys seemed to be encouraged to be separate from each other, as if everyone is alien in your own country .. your human beings, lets not forget it, your all going through nowadays .. hard times .. but after so long of this mental conditioning its really hard to just be normal to each other or to even see that this is happening and is constantly encouraged as the norm ..

sad really ..

i was lucky to experience the last years of the old America ..

but to get back on subject .. here in Australia, if you miss behave and the cops get you, from their perspective, its almost a gift if you walk away with just a broken jaw..

meh i feel sick in the gut just reading that this coppa got a bonus for being a prized ... "storm trooper" ..

Muzz

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

I agree with you -

It is sick - and it is what we have become.

Nazi germany - anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by Ormuz

I agree with you -

It is sick - and it is what we have become.

Nazi germany - anyone?

The German police at that time was somewhat polite (which was great for the Nationalsozialisten - Hitlers party).

It was the GeStPo which you had to avoid at all costs. Not to mention the SS.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

as if everyone is alien in your own country .. your human beings, lets not forget it, your all going through nowadays ..

It is called divide and conquer and it was done on purpose.

...With World War II, America saw its agricultural system intentionally subjected to political policies that radically transformed it...

This transformation was the result of organized plans developed by a group of highly powerful -- though unelected -- financial and industrial executives who wanted to drastically change agricultural practices in the US to better serve their collective corporate financial agenda. This group, called the Committee for Economic Development, was officially established in 1942 as a sister organization to the Council on Foreign Relations.....

Their plan was so effective and so faithfully executed by its operatives in the US government that by 1974 the CED couldn't help but congratulate itself....

The human cost of CED's plans were exacting and enormous.

CED's plans resulted in widespread social upheaval throughout rural America, ripping apart the fabric of its society destroying its local economies. They also resulted in a massive migration to larger cities. The loss of a farm also means the loss of identity, and many farmers' lives ended in suicide.... L INK

The banker owned US media continues dividing the country. The politicians in DC only pay attention to the east and west coast until election time. The rest of the country is called flyover country.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I feel sorry for him that he and his family received death threats. However I find it appalling that he's awarded such a vast sum of money, considering his actions.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That big round cop loaded in ridiculous crowd control gear
sure is a little sensitive wimp, isn't he?

Give me a break, talk about lawsuit abuse !

Spray a peaceful protester in the face with mace
get 40k and early retirement ? That's justice.
That'll teach him..
Anxiety huh?
Loser

top topics

join