It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Satan turn Jesus into an Idol?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is it at all possible that satan turned jesus into an idol?
If not Satan, then Corrupt Humans by themselves?

There are many ways of looking at this. One theory is that the lord god of the old testament was satan in disguise. Another theory is that God was an ancient alien. I cant proclaim the truth as i do not know what could be true.

Some people believe that jesus was god himself, because of quotes from the bible like " I and my Father are One." and "If you've Seen me then you've seen the Father." The "Official" christianity of the catholic church deems that jesus was one part of three in a godhead of a trinity. Before the catholic church came along Judaism which jesus taught was strictly monotheism.

Before the new testament God appeared in some way to his followers and servants. Then jesus came along and said "No one comes to the father except through me." Jesus was called by his followers the son of god. A title used by Many "Important" and/or "Mythical" figures, as well as many of jesus' other titles.

If you believe in the Bible, my question to you is that do you think it is possible that either christianity was hijacked or even invented by satan to stray us away from the true God? Is jesus An Idol taking worship away from the One God, the ancient of days, the Father?

Do you believe that jesus was God? or do you believe he was the Son of god only? or perhaps he was a prophet or messiah only. How God-like could the son of man be?
If you dont even believe in the bible or jesus or satan thats fine with me.

Some people make the claim that the bible is historically accurate, while others deny the authenticity of both the Old, and New Testament.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No.
He left it to his buddy, St Paul.

Is jesus An Idol taking worship away from the One God, the ancient of days, the Father?

Now THAT'S an interesting thought.
edit on 24-10-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire
No.

well is it possible in the past 2000 years that christianity could of been hijacked, i know st paul was supposedly the first pope.(edit:my bad i was thinking of peter the rock of the church i think.) but what about the council of nicea, and the vatican?

I asked if satan turned jesus into an idol, even if he is/was the son of god.
or do you believe that jesus WAS god because on his face in revelation it supposedly says "word of God on his face."

and they say he is "The word became flesh."

and they also say in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was god.
do you accept jesus christ as God or God Himself in the flesh?

but how could he be god himself and teach monotheism as well as say my father is greater than I.

if "My father is greater than I" then why does every church have idols of jesus and the apostles, and other biblical figures, but in reality there is nothing to do with God the Father.

"for us there is but one god, the Father, and One Lord Jesus christ."

notice when jesus says before he goes to the cross that his father would send legions of angels to protect him if jesus needed it. so i can only assume the real power and authoirty belongs to the Father.

When jesus apeared in Jerusalem the crowds were hailing " Hossana to the highest. Blessed be he who comes in the name of the Lord." so that tells me that "early christains." or early followers of jesus understood that possibly there was something Above jesus.

Many people say on the forums that he is the most high ever was and ever will be.
but what about the diety that created him?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What does the average person understand the Old Testament to be about

Other than God bringing about a way to salvation

The whole Old Testament is about Jesus, everything is about the coming Messiah.
Every story, every word is a lead up to Jesus coming to free humanity from the law.

The law demands sin is punished, Jesus was the punished, for sin.

Jesus is the answer to the old testament

If you cant read that into the OT then you cant understand what its about

As I understand it

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

borntowatch

Every story, every word is a lead up to Jesus coming to free humanity from the law.

As I understand it

right jesus supposedly fulfilled the prophecies of the old testament.
but why would God need to sacrifice anyone to forgive Sins?
and God should most certainly understand that jesus being crucified for the "sin of the world."
does not teach humanity any lessons, its much more like recieving a government handout of benefits.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

A good question. God is not Satan. Satan means slanderer, and devil means resister. Satan is angel who gets his title because he blasphemed God, that is he lied, and slandered God's good name and defies him. He is indeed a god, the one of this world.

Now, there is another passage in the Bible that gives us an indication that Satan has tried to use other servants of God in the past to try and induce idolatry into God's fickle servants. It is here: But when Mi′cha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you. Jude 9.

It appears that Satan, after Moses had died, had tried to use his body, probably to induce idolatry. How easy it is to get humans to stray from serving God to worshiping idols.

The answer is yes. Satan did make Jesus into an idol. Since Jesus is not God, and he never claimed to be, and Jesus himself said worship should be directed to his Father, whom he himself worshiped and prayed to, when Satan did indeed infiltrate the Christian congregation, he ended up making people believe Jesus is God and got many many people to idol worship him. Something that no doubt Jesus is very sad of. He even has gotten a huge portion of Christendom to worship Jesus' mother Mary, who deserves no such worship.

ETA: BTW, the prophecy in the Bible even tells of such a falling away from truth, and a turning away to false stories, and inventions of demons, and false worship, as well as an apostasy of the congregation. So none of this is surprising. It was foretold long ago, before it ever happened.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think it's quite obvious that Jesus was turned into an idol. It all started with Paul, the zealous Pharisee who killed Christians then started preaching his own doctrine posing as a disciple of Jesus.

Good luck convincing Christians of that fact though, they believe that since his words are part of a book put together by pagan Roman politicians 300 years later it MUST be the word of God.

What do you see in every church in the world? A wooden or stone cross with Jesus hanging on it where everyone in the congregation can see it.

The third commandment is do not make any graven images of god, a cross with Jesus on it is a graven image. Hell, the bible itself is a graven image because it is "firmly fixed", the definition of graven. Even Jesus rising from the grave is a "grave"n image.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Seems you are questioning the concept of the Triune nature of God, the Trinity. Foundational to this concept is the belief that Christ was NOT a created being but preexisted from eternity. He took on flesh or became incarnate but that is not to say He was one of God's creatures.

Did Satan make Him into an idol? Idols are unworthy of worship. If you believe that Christ was God incarnate then this question becomes trivial.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
As soon as any religion grows dangerous enough it's co-opted by the heads of state. Has always happened. I don't believe you even need Satan for this to occur.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Paul was the culprit you seek, partly why the New testament keeps contradicting the old Testament. I really don't know why Christians still choose to believe the trinity as truth. It's funny how they managed to replace the "Mother" with the "Holy" Spirit. Include certain "Holy" days from earlier religions such as SVTURNALIA, Easter and the Sabbath (How appropriately named, SUN-day). IMHO it's BAAL/EL Worship, and if Jesus did exist and returned, he would be ashamed of his so called following (Don't kill the messenger).

edit on 24-10-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
@ Belcastro............. I suspect it was Roman handling of Christianiy that ended in the idolizing of Jesus. (council) Concepts of ''father god'' and ''son god'' were alien to the Israelites...but probably resembled Roman mythology. So you can be sure that it was a later modification, The New Testament should be always be read in the light of the Old Testament, which establishes that God is One. So you cannot have a sudden plot twist half way trough in the bible with a man becoming God or vice versa. If the NT is rooted in the OT, then you run with the OT premise that God and man are as distinct as Creator and creation.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
QUESTION:

is the bible / religion just a distraction from reality .. it seems both sides atheist and religious nuts alike seem to spend a lot of time arguing about this crap .. its 2013, lets get with the times on a spiritual level ... there is no god, there is a god( higher being ) in you, just not what you have been hammered in church.

Muzz

edit on 24/10/2013 by Ormuz because: because i just did ... deal with it

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I always, ALWAYS ask that question to bible-bashers on the street when they stop me to tell me about their cult.

"Well, if Satan is the biggest liar and the greatest deceiver of all time, then he's probably God or Jesus and he has you fooled."

They always come up with some twisted rendition of their book to prove me wrong, and it never makes sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I've read the OT, it's not about Jesus at all. There are a couple of mentions of 'another to come' but believers in Judaism claim that the OT's own Elijah was that other, or that they are still waiting for Him to appear.

The OT is a historical account of the jews early days in government, supported by a very ruthless God who is not to be trifled with. Even if you doubt his existence, you should be stoned to death and he definitely doesn't have the forgiving nature of his son.

Sure, ok maybe a couple of thousand of years is enough to mellow the big guy out, but His #1 rule, worship ONLY me, appears to be based on jealousy, (not a very Godly trait, eh?) so why would he then send someone else asking the world to break the rule people like Aaron, Moses' brother and main supporter were considered horrible sinners for even considering. It just doesn't make sense without some kind of allegorical manipulation.

For the record, Jesus sounds a lot more fun to be around and I'd much rather have a loving forgiving God than a cold and ruthless one.

Plague anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

First, you need to know a concept called involution and evolution. The Spirit involves into the material world so that it can rise to new life. One requirement in this is that the Spirit forgets who it is. It then reclaims the true knowledge and remembers. All three in the trinity will go through this process.

-Adam (Father of mankind) to Abraham (Father of Issac) represents an age of the Father and the first 2000 years.

-Issac to Jesus represents the age of the Son and another 2000 years.

-Jesus to this day and age is the age of the Holy Spirit and another 2000 years.

-Finally, there is an age of rest when the Spirit rises to new life again and the temple once again is raised complete. This last age is 1000 years of peace.

-Above, the Father is God. Below, the Father was Lord and new Son at the same time.
-Above, the Mother is Spirit. Below, the mother is Matter / Matrix / Mater / Womb.
-Above, the Son is the first born. Below, the Son is Adam to Jesus and all of humanity between. We are the seeds of what is produced. We must be born again in the process. We are raised by the other three. ALL are under the veil. The last to rise is the Spirit as it comes out of the veil.

When people condemn Satan, they are really condemning themselves. We are ALL one loaf of bread. Each of us are a new slice from the production of wheat and the baking of that wheat in the oven (Trials).

Satan is a lower nature of the process. It is the potential that resides within the entire image. The image is being refined. In terms of our own language, we call this a simulation.

Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Alphabet). This is the letters that create our reality. Reality is programmed as an image with information. The Bible calls it WORD. Aleph is strength and Bet is House. The Strong nuclear force is the Strong House.

Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem. Mem is water. Baptism is the immersion of the letters into words. DNA must have a catalyst. The catalyst is water. Proteins are rendered from letters. The thing in the middle of this process is the water (hydrogenesis) that produces elements in the same process. Hydrogen has one proton and one electron in balance. The Neutron is the catalyst in the middle keeping the strong nuclear force (Proton and Neutron) as authority over the weak (electron).

Son is the Word. In Hebrew, this is Bet (House) Nun (Seed). The House of Seed is what is produced by the other two in combination.

Baptism is Involution so that the Spirit can rise to new life and create a better eternity. In the end, we will all arrive as new products from the originals. By their work, we are all made complete. They are already complete, but the sacrifice of the Son is the process to rise for the rest of us.

Go back to the actions of the Lord in the OT and realize that the Son is being raised by the Father. The Father then raises us.

Luke 3 tells you that the Son of God created Adam. Genesis 1 tells you that Elohim (plural) created mankind and the universe. Genesis 2 tells you that the LORD (Son of God) created Adam, the same as Luke 3. Adam then is the Father, or expression of the LORD into the slices of the loaf of bread. The loaf itself is the LORD (Son of God). Who created the Son? The Father. Who is Abraham? The Father of the Son Issac, leading to Jesus, the firstfruits of the new mankind. We are baptized into Christ so that we can also rise to this new life from the last 2000 years, ending in our day and age. The next thing to happen is for the Spirit to finally wake up. When it does, it is the end of the lower nature (Satan).

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.

Careful. The Redeemer is Adam. Jesus is the first and last Adam according to 1 Corinthians 15. If you hound him, since the root of the trouble was originally in him, you will suffer judgment. Why? We are all slices from the one loaf of bread we share.

1 Cor. 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

The body of Christ is humanity. We are the church being raised to new life in the wilderness by the Shepherd. The Father is awake. The Son is awake. The powers that be are trying to keep the mother asleep. It won't happen.

She is already waking.

Now go back to your original thought and judge yourself and not God. I know you didn't judge God, but knowing the true story allows you to see yourself by the light of what and who you are from the larger map of the territory. This is my interpretation and not others. I may be wrong. Scripture seems to support my conclusion.

edit on 24-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Jesus was most likely a regular guy (who happened to be a Jew) who said some wise and profound things. Gained a large following. Then people started telling stories about him. As the stories started to spread, they became embellished to the point of absurdity (walking on water, turning water to wine, healing the blind, etc). The further you got from his life, the more the stories got embellished until they were written into the bible.

This is probably why the non-biblical accounts of Jesus are few and speak nothing of miracles. Most likely the miracles never happened. I'd imagine that if they did happen, quite a few Roman scholars would have written about them. Instead we have maybe 2 or 3 accounts outside of the bible speaking about a man named Jesus.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Belcastro

borntowatch

As I understand it

right jesus supposedly fulfilled the prophecies of the old testament.
but why would God need to sacrifice anyone to forgive Sins?
and God should most certainly understand that jesus being crucified for the "sin of the world."
does not teach humanity any lessons, its much more like recieving a government handout of benefits.

Ahh
So you suggest that justice has no value?
That people should commit crime and escape justice, that there is no evil?
That criminals should be set free?

Justice demands retribution

Yes it is about hand outs and benefits, sadly even the average Christian doesnt understand the ramifications of handouts and benefits
Hence why Christians are so bad at Christianity....me included.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Ormuz
QUESTION:

is the bible / religion just a distraction from reality .. it seems both sides atheist and religious nuts alike seem to spend a lot of time arguing about this crap .. its 2013, lets get with the times on a spiritual level ... there is no god, there is a god( higher being ) in you, just not what you have been hammered in church.

Muzz

edit on 24/10/2013 by Ormuz because: because i just did ... deal with it

Yet here you are
Whats your reality

Big bang theory and how I met your mother

Go argue about that crap with someone

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
From my point of view.

I and my Father are One is from my point of view: is symbiosis with god (the existing ONE that is the meaning of Jehovah that seem to have been forgotten by people). It does not mean Jesus is the whole ONE but that he is a part connected to the ONE. In a way Jesus is right that no ones come to god except through me. You have to be like Jesus in a way within certain parameters to come to god. It does not mean a non christian cannot reach god. The label Jesus is a garment and some say Jesus but are not at all like Jesus.

Revelation 7 New International Version (NIV) 144,000 Sealed 7 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

And here we have the 144000 souls that are the ones who are sealed on their third eye chakra. And the 7 spirits of god is probably meant to be a reference to the chakra system (although the Christians do not call it chakra in name).

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire
No.

Is jesus An Idol taking worship away from the One God, the ancient of days, the Father?

Now THAT'S an interesting thought.
edit on 24-10-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

From my point of view.

Paul the so called wolf in sheep clothing or made to be the wolf in sheep clothing. And the fruits of Christianity became dogmatic and rotten as we can see from history where the Christians killed people who where faithful servants of god.
edit on 24-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join