It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much 2-stroke oil in fuel mix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hey all,
Just a question for any small engine experts out there.Will the 2-stroke fuel i mixed a few minutes ago make too much smoke? Because i used 20ml of 2-stroke oil to make one litre of mix because that's what my brushcutter manual said and when pouring the petrol i accidently went over the 1 litre mark on the mixing container and decided to put 10ml more oil in to avoid the situation of too little oil now i'm worried the brushcutter will smoke like green material on a fire.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Try it - you might be ok...if it does smoke add more petrol.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

coldkidc
Try it - you might be ok...if it does smoke add more petrol.

There's not much room for more petrol in the mixing container without overfilling it.So i'm in a tough position in regards to adding much petrol.
I suppose i could try using the fuel after i've used the remaining fuel currently in the brushcutter's tank so i can get a clear result on weither the mix i've made today makes too much smoke.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

I think you'll be ok...just a hunch unless you really missed the mix - some people add a little extra oil in the mix on purpose because they think it helps to lubricate the engine better (I don't necessarily agree)...the only real draw back is that it can foul the plug.

I'm of the mind that it's always best to use the recommended mixture ratio since that's the number they came to when they tested the engine during development.

ETA: Fire it up & see what happens

edit on 23-10-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Okay thanks for the advice. You've given good answers to my question much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Dont be so picky......there are parameters, and then parameters......
we used to mix oil heavy 16 to 1
now the mix oil could be used ta 50 to 1....though not always....
a litre of gas at 20 t01 is hardly any different than 30 to 1 in the life of a light engine.....too much is better than too little thats for sure....
run the litre and add a little gas if the first tank is smokey
but youre being anal.

(post by spartacus699 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Run it wide open...as you gain room in the tank add fuel if yiure worried....or run it out and consider your cylinder lubed....i run mixed fuel in straight gas motors quite often....dont hurt a thing ...unless you just get stupid with the oil....doesnt sound like youve done that.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Start it up, if the smoke it not to much and the engine isn't bogging down on you will be fine. If you are worried just syphon some of the mixed stuff out and fuel equal to the amount you removed.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

sikko45

Run it wide open...as you gain room in the tank add fuel if yiure worried....or run it out and consider your cylinder lubed....i run mixed fuel in straight gas motors quite often....dont hurt a thing ...unless you just get stupid with the oil....doesnt sound like youve done that.

Yeah the extra 10ml of oil i added was to avoid the situation of 2-stroke engine oil starvation which can damage the engine to the point of no repair and i don't want to replace my 20+ year old and still going strong brushcutter then again a 49cc brushcutter with four blades and nylon trimmer head is only NZD$219.00 at Trade Tested NZ.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I doubt youd even foul the plug in 1 measely litre of fuel mixed that heavy

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a question if anyone could please help .
Possible causes why my brush cutter started smoking and now I cant start it...
Im thinking my mix was a little off maybe too much oil...
Any solutions?

new topics

top topics

join