It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand: The time for Revolution is now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
He has a lot to say and delivers it in a way that many 'unawake' people can relate to.

But the things he says and the way he says them makes me think our Russell is a regular reader or contributer of a certain alternative internet forum we all know and love...

Own up Russ...what's your handle here matey?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I totally agree with you here. I was the same. All the recent publicity I've seen him in has brought awareness to the increasingly negative state of the world and the people who continue to govern it. I have so much respect towards him for the simple fact that he's using his celebrity status to get the message across. And he's doing it well.

He does it with intelligence and charisma which seems to even put Paxman in retreat which in my eyes is a worthy achievement. If only there were more celebrity figures doing the same then maybe more people would start to wake up.

I can't help but compare this interview to the one Piers Morgan did with Alex Jones and be thankful Brand is around to put up a strong argument, with clear delivery, against the MSM.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24/10/2013 by heliopolis because: (Added URL)

edit on 24/10/2013 by heliopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

MysterX
He has a lot to say and delivers it in a way that many 'unawake' people can relate to.

But the things he says and the way he says them makes me think our Russell is a regular reader or contributer of a certain alternative internet forum we all know and love...

Own up Russ...what's your handle here matey?

Haha! Believe it or not, ATS is just one of several top conspiracy sites, and they are FAR, FAR, FAR more popular than most people realize.

I like Russell Brand, I too couldn't STAND the "character" he plays in many movies, but once I got to listen to his speak out of character, I instantly felt a kinship. Also, he was a drug addict before, something I've gone threw, so I think he is an inspiration. Addictions are VERY, VERY hard to face and overcome.

He is definitely an intelligent man.

As for people saying it is too late for revolution, maybe it is, maybe it isn't.....but I think the revolution is more about spirit than anything. Revolution is inside of many of us, burning brightly. It is the spirit's desire to burst and rebel against any systems set up that limit or suppress creativity, intelligence, humor, and divinity.

I don't think revolution is about winning - I think it is a burning desire inside of us, that burning feeling inside is a NATURAL defense mechanism that triggers when those oppressive systems are in place and affecting our lives.

Now, HOW and WHEN that spirit of revolution materializes is a different story. I think whenever a system because oppressive enough, man's spirit of rebellion externalizes, and becomes an actual external revolution. Regardless of whether or not it will succeed in bringing lasting change, or be crushed, is ultimately irrelevant when the pressures of an oppressive system cause people to reach a breaking point. At that point, revolution will happen naturally, and it won't think about winning or losing, it just happens.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The problem is we are playing with forces that we humans cannot comprehend. Yes we have power in the spiritual sense aka love and positivity will show us the light. This war against evil forces will be the biggest war in the history of existence. We need to be spiritually ready and our DNA activated. Our creator has given us a job and that is to find out who we are and to stop evil winning. Yes I believe in a higher power and that our world is under negative influence. Its time to ask your spirit guides, guardian angels, your gods, whoever you prayer to and ask them the time is now and you need that spiritual sword of light to guide you. Open your chakra and find your true self. People need to wake up and see that our world has been run by entities that are from your nightmares. But the light is coming to cleanse our planet.

Love & Light x
edit on 24/10/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
A revolution huh.
I suppose everyone can run around in the dark with a light suit on or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Where the hell was the real Russel Brand all these years? hidden behind drug abuse. Since he's sobered up he's starting to make real sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

It's simple to grasp our current form of capitalism relies on cheap labor to profit. It used to be that manufacturing jobs paid well.

Now because of the current model there is a real moral deficit, these profits come at the cost of human suffering.

Your telling me a new iPhone every year is worth the suffering of thousands of Chinese labor.

That is a moral deficit, the cost of connivence of the western world and profits for the corporations is causing suffering around the globe.

Worse yet our culture idolizes the entire thing, and it's defended by the very people it harms.

Our jobs go away, and we buy the crap we used to make from cheep labor sources, cutting the middle class twice with and outsourcing of jobs while convincing them they need to consume these products.

All so the Walton family and the likes if which can drain the citizens dry and add more zeros to their already obscene wealth.

I'm all for capitalism but this is not it, we subsidize these company's to our own detriment.

edit on 24-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was cringing at the thought of watching this video as I'm not a huge fan of RB at all, ... actually the only time I think I have laughed at him was in this video when he mocks Jeremy's beard. I found his passion and message very refreshing though, more people in the spotlight need do the same and open up many eyes. Seems I may be a fan of the REAL RB after all !!

Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
He likes the sound of his own voice, that's all.

I remember despising him for ruining the Big Brother discussion show - rather twee in the grand scheme of things, but folk had tuned in to see a discussion of the BB characters, not the Russell Brand Show.

I always knew this was just a launching pad for him and that he would inevitably 'go west'.

I'm all over that now, but he hasn't said or done anything since then to cause me to believe he's not just a rabid self-publicist.

(And he may have kicked the heroin habit but now he needs to ease up on the coke...)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'd enjoy a cup of tea and a natter with Rusty. Should we get him on ATS live

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I agree with Domo1 and Zazz, let us bring him to ATS live!

His remarkable intelligence was put to the test, but almost antagonized by this reporter, to whom which he even complimented and joked with, whilst putting him in his rightful place. Brand is a clever man with a great deal of common sense and knowledge when it comes to this topic. I did enjoy his ideas and he even stated that he wasn't there to come up with a new "eutopia". Partially, I believe, because he knows it can't exist. The inherent problems of this current system come from apathy on our part. He expresses it is lessening more and more but we still need to see it.

I have gained more respect for this man, that is a fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
without the second amendment there is no freedom.
Would that suggest that in countries where people cant buy guns, they have no freedom?
I wouldnt agree with that at all, violence is just another form of slavery.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Where did Russell Brand suddenly appear from?
Who is this guy and why should anyone listen to him regardless of wit or intelligence?
What's he done to make him worth listening to is what I'm asking?

He looks like some GQ model they decided to throw at the public for a diversion.
Anyone with sudden popularity and everywhere on the MSM should be viewed with suspicion in this day and age.

ETA: Don't think the PTB aren't smart enough to know nobody would follow the pied piper if he were homely. Reading through his wiki page it should be obvious you don't get as many 2nd chances as he does unless you're ______ a little _____. He has a film company that works for Warner. That's all I need to know.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

A very interesting interview, and his passion, his position in the culture, and his emerging leadership add another voice to the vast groundswell for fairness. Economic fairness, environmental fairness, and the sense of common sense which usually translates into a program of societal fairness.

The future could be very interesting with Brand in it. At a minimum he'll make a couple of films which will pass his logic along (ie Warren Beatty's "Bulworth"). A maximum? Lots of passion for his truths which will emerge in yet unknown directions. Now let's see if the major media ignore him. And a poster above suggests we have him here for a thread-interview. That would be fun, and would allow both us and him to explore the topics he now adheres too.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
Where did Russell Brand suddenly appear from?
Who is this guy and why should anyone listen to him regardless of wit or intelligence?
What's he done to make him worth listening to is what I'm asking?

I think he has an articulate way of describing how many of us feel at this point in history. The fact he has wit and intelligence just helps the message delivery.

It's like on ATS if someone writes an intelligent and witty thread. They are usually rewarded with flags and stars.

What has anyone done to make them worth listening too? Who should we listen too? Religious leaders? Politicians? Economists?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

personally I really like russel brand, even more so after this video and I agree with 100% of it.

He explains and describes perfectly how I feel and think.

I dont have what it takes to deliver it like he does

this video is really brilliant...and I don't vote either for the same reasons. Never have, never will unless I can vote for something truly different.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

H-O-L-Y crap that was good.

I have to admit. The man has mojo.

What a mind. Formidable.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Now thats my kind of "Brand".

Says it like it is! And as the balls to say revolution/change is a must and hopefully upon us.

Another F..k..g Hero like Snowdy!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi OP and everyone,
I have also become a huge fan of Mr. Brand, and would love to have him here for an AMA thread!
Not really crazy about some of the characters he has played....but speaking as himself...I think he's brilliant!
If he is in a position to wake up some of the sleeping masses, then I support him.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thank you for posting this and the chance to view it properly, as I found the speed with which he speaks a little overwhelming last night. It did leave a huge smile on my face and I agreed with most of what he said.
Quite brilliant in parts, especially when he referred to Jeremy's emotions, as witnessed in his "Who do you think you are? " episode where he found out his grandmother was a victim of the ruling class.

I also agree when he says that a revolution of sorts is already taking place if the comments section of many a MSM newspaper is anything to go by. The past 7 years I have taken a keen interest in reading peoples' changing views on topics that would have been regarded as "Tin-Foil conspiracist" back then, but now accepted as the status quo. The NSA saga, being a prime example.

The fact is that, the internet has speeded up this tendency is the very reason the NSA and GCHQ agencies
are monitoring closely citizens all over the world (aside from corporate interests) under the guise of "anti terrorism". As someone else mentioned, the circumstances that will lead to a critical mass can occur in an instant, but the momentum is building each day. It is the very freedom of the internet that forms a threat to the ruling class and I think we can safely say that "They" will pull the plug on it when the time comes, most likely under a false flag CME, for which we are being warned by MSM on an almost weekly basis. Governernments in all countries are already attempting to put in place restricting filters and censorship measures to try and contain the threat of peoples' ability to organise protests, again under the guise of "anti-terror", "anti-pedophile" and "protection of the young". It is vital we prevent this from happening.
I just came across this example of this manipulation : Describing yourself as a 'hacker' - in the jocular sense of someone who messes around with computer code - could lead to your computer being seized without warning.
What will be the critical mass " event" that will unite all against the ruling class? Your guess is as good as mine.....

However cudos to Mr Brand for speaking out and sowing some seeds ;-)

edit on 24-10-2013 by bowaconstricta because: added link to article

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join