It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration to adjust health care penalty deadline guidance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Administration to adjust health care penalty deadline guidance

The White House said Wednesday that it may announce revised guidance about the date by when Americans are required to purchase health insurance.

The date by when Americans would be penalized for not having signed up for health insurance could be “slid” back by as much as six weeks, administration officials told NBC News.

White House may 'align' Obamacare signup dates

What’s unclear is precisely how the administration intends to make those changes. Some experts suggested that HHS could issue a blanket exemption from the penalty for anyone who obtains insurance between Feb. 16 and March 31.

well, well, well, i guess the administration knows that unless they do this they will never get the estimated 7 million signed up to keep this law alive.

they should take the advise that reid gave the house and get over and let it go. i'm willing to bet that when the mid terms come up or when next president is elected it will be repealed any way.

edit on 23-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One can only hope it's repealed!
If it isn't, we're sure going to have a lot more people living on a 'below poverty level' income after mandatory insurance premiums are paid!
Guess we could always put more people on 'government handouts'.
Ms. Nugget

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

if it gets going, and doesn't change drastically, i mean like premiums and deductibles coming way down. i can't see it not being repealed.

people will sit back and take a lot, but something like this dragging on for more than a few years, i cant see it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can't wait for them to take over. I am really anxious to see if all of this repeal was just a game to get at Obama. IMO, they won't repeal but will tinker with certain parts. In the end both parties are the same ...tax tax tax while they spend spend spend.

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

that may be so, but the house has voted and passed to repeal obamacare 43 times.
just might be back biting, but they have been persistent.

unless the puppet masters told them to put on a good show. why go to that extreme.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What are you supposed to do if you dont have a job?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I was sort of looking forward to the deadline and not purchasing insurance.

Now we just have to wait longer to rebel.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In other words Ried wouldn't bring the house bill to the floor of the Senate, because the House Republicans were trying to delay the individual mandate.
Now two weeks after they force a shut down the dems want to delay the individual mandate.
Momma always said "Stupid is as stupid does".
If in were the republicans I would just sit back and let them sink this one on their own.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

tehdouglas
What are you supposed to do if you dont have a job?

same thing you did before. what did you do?
i'm not against helping people that can't help themselves. but if the government were really interested in helping the poor and unfortunate, they'd stop giving billions away to foreign counties. and take that and take care of our citizens. then we wouldn't have this problem. take care of us first and then maybe take care of the world.

edit on 23-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Quadrivium
In other words Ried wouldn't bring the house bill to the floor of the Senate, because the House Republicans were trying to delay the individual mandate.
Now two weeks after they force a shut down the dems want to delay the individual mandate.
Momma always said "Stupid is as stupid does".
If in were the republicans I would just sit back and let them sink this one on their own.

That's because Obama and the Democrats want to take credit for saving people from the carnage.

Carnage that they themselves are creating.

This *crisis* is 100% owned by Obama Inc.

Now they will attempt to save face with a *solution*.

It's an old trick.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

you know i was half way thinking it was gonna come to that, thought we were gonna see a lot of representatives, and senators literally ducking for cover.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Being someone very familiar with Obamacare, I can tell you that without a doubt, the deadline ALWAYS was March 31st. So there is no delay in the personal mandate.

But even if Obama wanted to really delay the personal mandate, legally, he can't do this. Not unless he wants to DICTATE a change like he did with the business mandate.

And I say that any delay should be a no go since the entire government was shut down because of his refusal to delay this very mandate. Don't he dare even attempt to try and get one now. Yes I am being spiteful. But the republicans were right and Obamacare was not ready for prime time. And it never will be until it is rewritten just like the website needs rewritten.

edit on 24-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

obama isn't gonna let that happen with out a fight. this is his baby.
if you thought he got mad over the gun ban being defeated, just wait and see how he acts if this fails.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey I am sorry about being a thread killer.
For real...
Hey I am on your side. But this goes to show how Obama propaganda gets spread like manure amongst news agencies. You can't help that you were spoon fed crap.

Edited to ad...
Oh and I just checked out your link and they printed a retraction on the delay.

Editor’s note: This story has been edited to correct information about the health care deadline. The White House says March 31 has always been the intended deadline to sign up for health care to avoid a tax penalty.

edit on 24-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

i never said it was about the personal mandate, i said it was about getting the 7 million signed up so that it could fund itself like they said it would. if they don't get the people signed up according to them it won't fund it's self.

the march dead line is so people won't get the fines.

i don't think you killed this thread. some threads survive, some don't.
edit on 24-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'll be out of the country for 2014, do I still need to sign up? Can't find any info on that. I won't even be in the country at all during 2014 not even January. I'm a US citizen though and will not be working for a US corporation.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Em2013
I'll be out of the country for 2014, do I still need to sign up? Can't find any info on that. I won't even be in the country at all during 2014 not even January. I'm a US citizen though and will not be working for a US corporation.

if you are a U.S. citizen and pay taxes, i say that you would.
maybe check with your provider now if you have one.

the way i understand is on the tax forms they will ask about insurance. so if you file for 2014 and don't have insurance, you will have to pay the fine.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

jam321
I can't wait for them to take over. I am really anxious to see if all of this repeal was just a game to get at Obama. IMO, they won't repeal but will tinker with certain parts. In the end both parties are the same ...tax tax tax while they spend spend spend.

Peace

I think this is exactly right. I think the Republicans threw the last election because they actually didn't want to be put in the position where they would be expected to get rid of Obamacare and there wouldn't any obvious excuse for them not to do it.

In other words, they're all in this together and they're playing head games with us. In the end, they will get what they want. They will find out what it takes to appease the more reasonable critics and wen it comes down to the much smaller number of us who can't be appeased, they will not have to care about us.

new topics

join