It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Machine Work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I am fascinated by the Ancient Astronaut theory, and how little we know about our past. I found a link by a scientist who has made several trips with craftsman Christopher Dunn (some of you may know him from his appearance on an Ancient Aliens episode). I find the pictures on this site quite intriguing. Enjoy!

www.gizapyramid.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I too, am an Ancient Aliens addict. I've tried to seek help, but can't quite kick the habit. Great find. Ancient Egypt and the proposed ancient alien theory is so intriguing. The large rocks with the "drill marks" is most fascinating. How else would this have been done? Really, any idea?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Considering someone who carves stone for a living is baffled by the complexity of this stone work...I have NO IDEA!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

The problem is, the supposed stone smiths claiming that such work can't be done without modern machinery are in actually extremely poor stone workers or lending the supposed weight of their credentials and expertise to some balderdash for payment.

Feel free to visit all the Islamic Mosques with delicately ultra fine and very complicated stone work craftsmanship in evidence from the first millennium, or all the wonderful Greek works going back to 800BC and earlier, or even much further back with demonstrable works of architecture and complicated stone smithing evidenced out from Persia, Babylon, and Sumer. Additionally we've work also in abundance coming out of India with the Harappan culture showing massive massive earthworks in engineering artificial cisterns and water retention facilities.

Additionally, we know the languages of these cultures. We have their records and documents. In many cases we know all the who, what, when, where, and even how of everything applicable to many megalithic sites.

There really is no mystery or magic to any of these sites.

Give anyone 50,000 slaves, add some vision, and you'll have the same or similar in no time, even if all they have is bronze age technology.

edit on 10/23/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

How ignorantly and eloquently put.
Of course there is magic involved!

Where is the development of the Egyptian culture? There is none. They sprang into existence from nowhere. It is an alien (alien; unknown to us) legacy that goes beyond what we are capable of even comprehending today.
Perfect maths, perfect astronomical alignments, natural time cycles, materials used to harness free energy, these were godlike devices on a grand scale, not human.
Bronze age skill, ha, sure.

The supposed 'world pyramidal civilization' were all from the same origin before splitting apart to create their pyramids on key energy points on Earth, you can call this pre civilization Atlantis or whatever, but they all mirror each other quite well. The capital of which is obviously Giza.

As for what the reasons were to create megalithic structures mirroring stars on key parts of the world.
You have to accept the theory that they were trying to mirror the cosmos and build it on earth. But why..

edit on -050010America/Chicago10pmrd13103110 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

edit on -050010America/Chicago10pmrd13103110 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

You're welcome to beleive that if you want.
After all, it takes much less effort to believe in magic than it does to actually do some legitimate research into the evolution and origins of civilization.
You are, however incorrect.
We do indeed have record and evidence of the Egyptian civilization establishment, despite the fringe material that gets sold and readily consumed by those that would prefer a more 'magical' explanation over the very real and actual accomplishments of human beings using primitive, but effective technologies.

I recommend anyone interested spend some time watching the below documentary that details the evolution and engineering of pyramid building in Egypt.

The first pyramid builder, for instance, as detailed in the above video, was Sneferu, and there's sufficient record of Sneferu's first attempts at pyramid building with the first at Medium that collapsed, then what's known as the Bent Pyramid, and finally The Red Pyramid.

Afterwards, we get an established trend of consecutive rulers building pyramids in the early dynasties where Khufu built the Great Pyramid.

Later on, due economy of labor, not as much expendable wealth, as well as threats of invasion from Ethiopia plus also the Hittites from the North East, the pyramid building trend stopped and we see monument building in sculptures, and temples as per Ramses.

Before the pyramid building in the early old kingdom first dynasty of Egypt, the rulers of Egypt worked on dam building, dikes and huge irrigation projects.
There were entire cities surrounded by dam walls to prevent flooding during the annual flood season.
Some of those cities are now actually underwater due later egyptian dam building that placed them in a reservoir plain.

Finally, there's Predynasitc Egypt or Prehistoric Egypt (two different links there).
Please, by all means, follow the links and do some reading.

None of it is really all that "mysterious" as many fringe sources might want one to think. There's a wealth of legitimate documentation, scholarship, and study onhand for anyone to review given enough time and real interest.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great stuff for letting us view Wikipedia for sources..
As the OP stated, it is the AA theory that sparks more interest than what we are led to believe about how they were built and also who provided the blueprints.

Those pics in the op link..if you believe they were crafted by bronze tools, then you are being mislead by supposed mainstream academia.
There is evidence for electricity use, the whole of the complex was built for purposes unknown due to the pyramid being built upon subterranean aqueducts and the pyramids themselves being built with material able hold charge, not to mention the casings too, and not just at Giza.

How the 3 were built..this seems the most plausible to date:

edit on -050010America/Chicago11pmrd13103111 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

As stated, you're welcome to beleive the "magical" explanation all you want.
Pyramids holding energy?

Sniff at links going to wiki all you desire, but, the quality of argument presented in favor of Ancient Aliens doesn't really merit much more by way of response.
Further, if you challenge the validity of wiki, feel free to create an account and edit those wiki articles to include Ancient Aliens too. See how far that goes.

Modern skyscrapers Have tons of steel and wiring, which are much more efficient for electrical conductivity.
Are modern skyscrapers channelers of energy? Eh, well, in the respect they're connected to a power grid, yes, but, hey, people love their magical pyramids made out of ... stone, which according them will channel energy, unlike other materials in use today which are much more efficient electrical conductors.

For those actually interested in learning something: Ancient Aliens Debunked. Below is the full film, but, the link provides additional links to brief segments or chapters for those who desire to watch piecemeal.

As to the spiral tunnel inside the GP, that's not really news, and if anything takes support away from any magical AA explanation in favor of human ingenuity and engineering applied to provide a solution.

Edit; some may also be interested in joining discussion in another currently active ATS topic discussing megalithic building: One man, one 26,000 lbs stone, one 2 lb hammer

These things have been discussed before too. ATS search for AA and you'll find plenty threads.

edit on 10/24/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

OmegaSynthesis

Where is the development of the Egyptian culture? There is none. They sprang into existence from nowhere. It is an alien (alien; unknown to us) legacy that goes beyond what we are capable of even comprehending today.

The people who are eager for you to buy their books and visit their websites (so they get money from ads) don't tell you that Egypt's history goes back 750,000 years to the earliest homo sapiens. Notice that they don't dare mention the finds at Badari... and they sure don't mention Naqada I or Naqada II (with all the early trappings of the later Pharonic civilization). They sure wouldn't want you finding out about the people living in and around the Nile river or their petroglyphs or their ships or the stonework they carved (which is pretty nice stuff... similar to the famous Narmer palette.)

Don't you wonder why the Ancient Aliens people never talk about what's in the history books on Egypt -- the things excavated in Abydos that show a flourishing civilization before 3000 BC? Why they don't talk about King Den? Why the AA folks never talk about the carved ivory from the tombs and the large towns and the ceramics (and glazed rock) that these people were doing before 3000 BC?

...about the evidence from 4000 BC (it's there)?

...about the technology from 10000 BC?

Why don't the Ancient Aliens folks talk about what's really in the textbooks (instead of what's in the textbooks of 90 years ago?)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Question OmegaSynthesis

In what way did you determine the sentence below was valid?

Where is the development of the Egyptian culture? There is none.

Just wondering how you came to that conclusion. Could you describe for us the manner of research you did to arrive at that point?

As Byrd noted there is robust studies of that period here is a link to a detail examination of that period
The people before the 'Egyptians'

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I'm familiar with everything here on ATS believe you me.
But, you scoffing at these structures harnessing energy and the sites around the world mirroring the efficiency, their similarity and of their ability to do so comes off as you being a shill, dishing out dis info to those who seek to know more.

reply to post by Byrd

Of course you wouldn't hear of the 200,000+ year old structures in the 10's of millions strewn across Africa simulating a body of free energy devices all connected too wouldn't ya?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You always seem to appear to debunk or throw away the thread when it comes down to it.
Even though you like to show the so called evidence of ability to 'know' how this civilization came to be, you cannot deny that 'we' cannot emulate or replicate their monuments in our day of modern technology.
Therefore the answer still is..It is Alien.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

OmegaSynthesis

Where is the development of the Egyptian culture? There is none. They sprang into existence from nowhere.

I'm afraid you are very very wrong about that. The origins of the Egyptian culture are there, the early picture isn't super clear but it never is when you go that far back. But it's there. We know where they came from, we can see their pottery, we can find traces of them. They most certainly did not spring into existence from nowhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't know about the other items in Egypt, but holes are very easy to drill, a round pole of hardwood, sand, and keep turning the pole, the sand will grind away at the stone, every now and then, the pole will have to be taken out of the hole and the 'grindings' emptied out, fresh sand poured in, and the process started again. (seen on TV many years ago)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

OmegaSynthesis
reply to post by Hanslune

You always seem to appear to debunk or throw away the thread when it comes down to it.
Even though you like to show the so called evidence of ability to 'know' how this civilization came to be, you cannot deny that 'we' cannot emulate or replicate their monuments in our day of modern technology.
Therefore the answer still is..It is Alien.

Not all, chuckly just the ones that were debunked decades if not generations ago. Sure we could build them, better than the ancient did but not using their techniques. If you have a couple hundred million you don't need why not offer to fund the building of a new pyramid?

The evidence points to flawed people making them not 'aliens' with superhuman knowledge and machines.

Now back to the question you were asked - and avoided - how did you determine the statement you made above? I will presume also that you absolutely refused to read my link - why are you afraid of knowledge?

Please explain

edit on 24/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Absolutely correct, what is more interesting is that specific claim is usually made against the Sumerians Civilization which did rise up faster than AE. The Sumerians went from agricultural villages to cities is the astounding time of around 350 years. The AE took around x5 longer (that amount is in great debate)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

OmegaSynthesis

But, you scoffing at these structures harnessing energy and the sites around the world mirroring the efficiency, their similarity and of their ability to do so comes off as you being a shill, dishing out dis info to those who seek to know more.

Then it should be easy for you to present PRP papers by scientists who back this and can show how they can measure this 'energy'.....oh wait you cannot.....

Of course you wouldn't hear of the 200,000+ year old structures in the 10's of millions strewn across Africa simulating a body of free energy devices all connected too wouldn't ya?

Yes we have heard of those they are based on decades old and debunked Sitchin claims. There is no factual basis for the claims above - they are made by people making basstuff up - no more. Now what have you done to verify the reliability of these peoples stories?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Although I tend to hold the Ancient Alien theory as a little far fetched (not completely closed-minded about it however) I do not believe that Khufu built the great pyramid.

Although I believe that the Egyptians did attempt to copy the great pyramid I do not believe that they actually built them. I think, like the Mayans, that the Egyptian civilization was a continuance of a much earlier civilization that either died out or collapsed and integrated with the early hunter-gatherer tribes of the Mediterranean.

I believe this is why there is such a sudden rise in civilization starting around the time of the Sumerians and Egyptians. People can argue that we went from no flight to the moon in 100 years. This is true, however I have always believed that technology evolves using the "accelerating change" method. Technology evolves faster and faster as more technology is discovered. This is why i do not believe that Egyptians could go from hunter gatherer tribes, building mud huts with primitive tools to building some of the most precise structures known to man in such a short time.

Although some of the pyramids have hieroglyphs in them or on some other monument depicting the constructions of the pyramids, the Great pyramid has none. Nobody can really know the true date of the construction of the Great Pyramid. carbon dating is useless, and the one glyph showing Khufu's name is a very weak argument to say that he had it built. then you have the sphinx. This monument, although it could be argued that it has nothing to do with the great pyramid even though its part of the same complex, has very strong evidence of erosion that could not be there unless it was AT LEAST 9000 - 13000 years old. some say even older. There are two other temples carved from the same stone as the sphinx that some say proves that these temples were there long before the Egyptians (cannot find the names of these two temples but will continue to look and post if I find them)

Perhaps the Egyptians were nomadic and stumbled across the abandoned pyramid and decided to settle down. Perhaps the Egyptians were slaves to a more advanced civilization who died out and left them to fend for themselves (which technically would be saying that the Egyptians did build them, however not of their own ingenuity) I do not know, and I do not think anyone will. The farther we look back into time the more we discover. I believe that Humans have risen and fallen to our level or beyond, more than once. I think that the current paradigm of human history needs revision. The current method of studying Egyptian history is very biased. Most mainstream egyptologists are closed minded and do not even consider alternative theories about Egypt history. some people use this as a way of dismissing these theories. I guess a PhD makes you right.

Don't get me wrong, The Egyptians were very advanced builders. there is plenty of temples, lesser pyramids, statues, etc that prove that. However all of these structures are covered in hieroglyphs depicting the construction of said monument, the pharaoh at the time or some achievement. Why then, on Egypts greatest achievement, would there be none? Is there any hieroglyphs that show, without doubt, the building of the great pyramid? If there are hieroglyphs that show this, are they without doubt speaking of the great pyramid, or could it be chalked up to another, lesser know pyramid? these are some questions I believe should be answered.

Although this is what I believe, it is just a theory. Just like the widely held beliefs of Egyptologists. They are just theories. Most of these theories can be proven. But some cannot. some leave us with more questions than answers. I believe any theory that leaves me with more questions than answers is not a very good theory. my theory might not be perfect and probably leaves you with more questions than answers, that does not mean that you can dismiss it as impossible. With our "advanced" technology, it has been said that the Great Pyramid is impossible to build. However, there it stands. A testament to human ingenuity. Just not the Egyptians (in my opinion).

Cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by Emerys

The problem is, the supposed stone smiths claiming that such work can't be done without modern machinery are in actually extremely poor stone workers or lending the supposed weight of their credentials and expertise to some balderdash for payment.

Feel free to visit all the Islamic Mosques with delicately ultra fine and very complicated stone work craftsmanship in evidence from the first millennium, or all the wonderful Greek works going back to 800BC and earlier, or even much further back with demonstrable works of architecture and complicated stone smithing evidenced out from Persia, Babylon, and Sumer. Additionally we've work also in abundance coming out of India with the Harappan culture showing massive massive earthworks in engineering artificial cisterns and water retention facilities.

Additionally, we know the languages of these cultures. We have their records and documents. In many cases we know all the who, what, when, where, and even how of everything applicable to many megalithic sites.

There really is no mystery or magic to any of these sites.

Give anyone 50,000 slaves, add some vision, and you'll have the same or similar in no time, even if all they have is bronze age technology.

You have the same old arguments that don't hold water. The point their making is with the tools your documents say they had it was not possible to do what was done in respect to the pyramids. Even further your documents state it was erected in twenty years. Which means they would have had to place these massive stones one every two minutes.

We can't cut and carve, very difficult even today, let alone move and place them. It would take several of the largest cranes we have today to move some of these stones and some we may not be able to move.

You are starting to get the picture. Dunn has put all this to test, he has shown exact tool marks on stones, he has done very good research but he is not the only one.

I worked a quarry one summer and I can tell you these stones are hard to work with and even harder to carve with modern tools. I tried lol. You are crazier than a loon if you think they did all that by hand. Did not happen.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hanslune

OmegaSynthesis

Then it should be easy for you to present PRP papers by scientists who back this and can show how they can measure this 'energy'.....oh wait you cannot.....

But Hans, surely you must admit that this "energy" actually exists.

After all, what else but "pyramid power" could keep dead fringe ideas alive sixty (and more) years after they were killed with facts?

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join