It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone find it odd that Comet ISON, Is hearsay this, made up that, ect. Except you can not find

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

infoseeker, I like your style. It's nice to see some open minded discussion. Apparently to some android slaves, The human species is expected to be good little sheople.

If we are not good little yes Men / Women though, to the politicians we will be considered enemies of the state (which is laughable), or to the Scientists we will be looked at as doom and gloom posters even if we just question whether a comet or two came from within our own galaxy instead of within our own Solar System.

To them, a good little lap dog does not question authority, or even theory for that matter. See how these people work? The truth of the matter is that many, not all, but many of these hyper bloated egos in empty suits are currently sitting by as their political masterpiece and Scientific brilliance rapes mother earth in places like the Middle East and Fukushima.

I guess they just expect us to not think or use our imagination at all, just follow the herd like we are told. What exactly is wrong with using one's imagination, who is it harming right or wrong? Well for now, Men / Women will continue to think freely. Those who don't like it, too bad. I myself, choose to keep an open mind. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by research3300

The interesting thing to me is that mainstream science knows lots about comets . It ice and dust . Electric??? Try a real science web site instead of where ever you got that bad info from scientists have been studying these things since man first looked up. Every year we know more and more .

This is just too much! Ice and dust you say? Ice and dust surviving perihelion? Must be some awfully cold ice, LMAO it's Too much I tell ya... I'm sure your aware... we have sent probes to comets? We have hit them with explosives too! Comets and dust... Now that would leave a big crater after an explosion of that size... Wouldn't it? They have ZERO explanations for many aspects of comet exploration, ZERO. So stop acting like they are made of solid ice, PLEASE!!!
edit on 26-10-2013 by research3300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Hell, the way things are going now it is the only way. Anymore, look at a post add my true feelings about it and somehow never hear from the Op! Why ask the question in the first place? Most never stay with the post if not getting the rating one has to think.

I keep tabs on Ison, changed again only now that people can see it better its harder to hide. Really though, Ison could be a sign of things to come. And we have a list of Large things to actually worry about then some closed minded people. Some are waking up though, takes some time learning how to have a broader mindset. Most actually had it to begin with as a child, until they had to cover it up to fit in while growing up. Others somehow find the world lacking and decide to go on the path alone. If you think about every great Teacher everyone left the world for a time, be it sitting under a tree or walking in a desert, leaving behind what was being told to what you can learn on your own.

Now that things are falling down, most will not want to understand since it leaves them at a crossroads. This is what I know to I really don't have a clue. Lets start with Japan, one would have thought someone would have used their mind/s and fixed up the plant at the get go. Nothing actually fixes itself, so after 2yrs of draining posions well NOW everyone has a problem. Forget Ison, it is small compared to what happens next. Yep, we did it! Somehow I knew we would be the ones killing ourselves off or at least 25% depending on how you would like to play it out!

Next you have the US. Broke and hanging on to nothing! How did this happen? Some stupid one sided person decided to create CREDIT. It could have worked if you kept the credit at 25% limit for five years of working wages. That way everyone would have a shot, chance to gain something worth buying. Now people has so much credit they can somehow spend money knowing it can never be paid back. Plus it's only crap, a home does not have to have 16 rooms, 5 TV's and a phone in every room!

Cell phones are a waste of money, what your buying today last for so long and crap, got to have that 56" TV! Hello? Has anyone though that while you have to work 2 jobs, when will you get to use it! Set up clearly, knowing the bank will come and take your toys away if you miss a payment, people will go to work even in the Worst Conditions! If your sick, Stay the hell Home! No wonder why the crap spreads so fast.

Man, I'm sure not perfect and do not plan to be. Just do us all a favor and Wake the Hell UP! And if the 2 listed above is only the tip of other things later. Power it seems is starting to fall away and some will do anything for it. Being on the top means someday you shall fall. Most complain about being on the bottom, its set up that way. Keeps you in the game, spending all your life as a slave for crap you really do not need, since lets be real. You did not have the money in the first place.

Next is the fall of US. Hate to say it, citys and 1 state has filed for bankrup so what comes next? Say you own your house, no bills, what can happen? I don't even know this one! I do not think anybody has ever thought about it, except Texas maybe. Texas would become its own country, states might group togetter and become one themselves! Still how would it play out? Might need to think about it.

While all this is happening, might as well add riots, and a whole bunch of crap since we will end up like raving mad dogs for some years. This I think will be the time for Man to really know Hell On Earth! Has happened before and will again. Sad part to this story, one would have thought somehow we learned something already and did what we could to make a better World for ALL of us. Yet you continue to let someone else to do your thinking for you. All I see is placing the blame on somebody else, Gov, Church, come to think about it thats all we have learned.

Have no Fear, time heals and hopefully we can get back on track someday. Maybe a NWO for the whole planet was the key in the first place. We as a people are now at a point in time to realise that all people here on Earth want the same thing, Peace! Working togetter as a whole and enjoying Life the way it was intended. Thats the FREEDOM they were talking about really.

Now it seems we will have to prove ourselves to LIFE if it not to late, we are worthy of having something called Existance!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

research3300

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by research3300

The interesting thing to me is that mainstream science knows lots about comets . It ice and dust . Electric??? Try a real science web site instead of where ever you got that bad info from scientists have been studying these things since man first looked up. Every year we know more and more .

This is just too much! Ice and dust you say? Ice and dust surviving perihelion? Must be some awfully cold ice, LMAO it's Too much I tell ya... I'm sure your aware... we have sent probes to comets? We have hit them with explosives too! Comets and dust... Now that would leave a big crater after an explosion of that size... Wouldn't it? They have ZERO explanations for many aspects of comet exploration, ZERO. So stop acting like they are made of solid ice, PLEASE!!!

At least you know it is more then just ice, could even have life living on that ball of everything. It could have been so far out another Planet has seen it and gave it a name too!

Then again, might have picked up a probe, some trash and hell. Might be a store full of goodie better then Gold. Who know what the core of any comet could be. How did water get on Earth, was told it hitched a ride somehow collecting ice as it passed along its path. Like our ice caps once did, and still do hiding rocks, trees and even life kept trapped for many
1,000's of years.

Why would space be any different?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

infoseeker26754
...This is just too much! Ice and dust you say? Ice and dust surviving perihelion? Must be some awfully cold ice, LMAO it's Too much I tell ya... I'm sure your aware... we have sent probes to comets? We have hit them with explosives too! Comets and dust... Now that would leave a big crater after an explosion of that size... Wouldn't it? They have ZERO explanations for many aspects of comet exploration, ZERO. So stop acting like they are made of solid ice, PLEASE!!...

They didn't hit that comet with explosives -- they hit it with a projectile, something like a big bullet. There were no explosives involved. And by hitting the comet (and studying the debris from that hit with a spectrograph), they showed that it is made of dust and ice. That dust and ice matrix could be as hard as rock in the cold of space.

That comet was Comet Tempel 1, which is 5 miles long and 3 miles wide (7.6 km x 4.9 km). NASA's "Deep Impact" probe sent the 450 pound projectile to the comet, and it hit the comet at 23,000 mph (36,800 km/h). The impact left a 500 foot (150 m) wide crater on the surface of the comet.

Picture of Comet Tempel 1 taken up-close by the Deep Impact Probe:

Some comets are dirty balls of ice (mostly ice), while others are icy balls of dirt (mostly dirt / rock). The Deep Impact mission showed that Tempel 1 was the latter. It is mostly made of dust and rock, but contains plenty of ice, too. Spectrographic analysis of the debris kicked up by the impactor showed silicates, carbonates, metal clays, metal sulfides and water.

We also sent probes to comets that have returned dust from that comet to Earth. The Stardust Mission was such a mission. It trailed behind Comet Wild 2 (pronounced "Vilt") and collected samples of the coma of the comet, and returned those samples to earth. Hydrocarbons, crystalline silicates, and some pure carbon was found.

Picture of Comet Wild 2 taken up-close by the Stardust Probe:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Sure, Just as saying that "there is no reason to suspect that ISON IS any different from every other comet out there" is a reckless assumption.

If it behaves as predicted why would it be reckless to assume such when that is how other results and knowledge is gained through experimentation?

Is ISON doing something strange, as opposed to what other comets did when coming into the neighborhood?

One thing is for certain though, we don't know. ~$heopleNation

Fortunately we have our suspicions and develop experiments around those suspicions to prove/disprove them.

If we didn't attempt anything we didn't know, would any of us be here?
edit on 27-10-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

You do have a point. Now looking at it another way we could say this info has only been around since computers. Wait! Some were looking at comets long before only never actually left the planet. To accept anything as fact, knowing for instance some gravitation pull can send it off it's course, change speed or break it apart some.

So with data we can assume based upon others that have passed before, it will be the same. Yet we are still starting to explore space so we are children learning new things out there. What I would like to talk about is do we even accept what is being told is actually true? We only know a small factor and thats it!

Most of the info should be, yet now other Countries actually say a different story. It seems everyone is getting ready for something, everything stopped and most are tending to their own. Leaving it open, so now all wars are over? Poison gassing out east just stopped? You hear nothing yet before the blackout happened, China was just about to start a war! Well heard talk of war anyway.

Heard every power has canceled every trip to other Countries, everything just stopped, FEMA preparing for something as with other units. I find it odd, thats all. Maybe it has nothing to do with Ison, just somethings in the works we do not know about. For all we know, the probe sent out long ago, might have lit us up as a World full of wonder and we now might have some company coming.

Explain Life? What facts are their really? Our past, monkey's or DNA modified? Even today we still do not actually know what killed the dino's, How some things were built in the past we could not do today even with what we have now. Your point clearly understood.

Data it seems is only a small factor, since really untill 1900's we only had 100yrs+ of tech going so fast, maybe its only a small part of the whole. Saying anything is somehow a fact leaves the door closed while using this is what we know as of today, leaves it wide open.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

passing through twice seems to me twice as much damage ,Just like the Russian fireball 7,200 buildings damaged, across 6 cities,1500 people treated for injury, that was one, so I think if we are going to pass through the tail twice we are going to get hit more than once I think, maybe just maybe this could be the reason for all the bunkers? who knows.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
If it behaves as predicted why would it be reckless to assume such when that is how other results and knowledge is gained through experimentation?

Oh really now? So what "experimentation" are you doing? Have you flown and landed on comet ISON in order to conduct your so-called experiment, Please explain if you like?

Is ISON doing something strange, as opposed to what other comets did when coming into the neighborhood?

Who claimed that ISON was ever doing something strange? You can try to explain that as well, but let's use a little logic and not fabricate arguments that nobody even made.

Fortunately we have our suspicions and develop experiments around those suspicions to prove/disprove them.

Well your "suspicions" are nothing more than speculation or theories, now aren't they my friend? Let's just stick to what we know, which is not a lot concerning the entire picture. We sure like to assume that we know everything though, now don't we humans?

If we didn't attempt anything we didn't know, would any of us be here?

Well that depends on what we were, or are currently attempting to do. While on the subject though, who ever suggested that we not keep an open mind about everything concerning the Universe?

In fact, that is exactly the point that I have tried hard to make here in this thread. Go back and read it, then get back to me after you have. ~$heopleNation
edit on 27-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We could be positioned for something from ISON for sure!! I can tell you for a fact that there are very important people not just in our country but in the entire world that are aware of what this comet could do and have already begun preparations.

We have already begun to be programmed to prepare for this event by the government/ media. While no one in my circle seems to be 100% with out a doubt positive, the attitude at my place of employment seems to be 90% sure that this will be a MAJOR event. The day and hour are impossible to predict at this point...if i had to guess from what I am hearing...I would estimate somewhere between Dec 17th and Dec 30th.

i will also say that the area expected to be impacted the most will be from Puerto Rico (specificaly the Puerto Rico trench area) all the way up eastern coast of the US, hence the preparations made by FEMA region 3. The tail is the worrisome part of ISON.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oz2013

We are not going to pass through the tail twice. We may not even pass through it once.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

PINKSTAR
We could be positioned for something from ISON for sure!! I can tell you for a fact that there are very important people not just in our country but in the entire world that are aware of what this comet could do and have already begun preparations.

We have already begun to be programmed to prepare for this event by the government/ media. While no one in my circle seems to be 100% with out a doubt positive, the attitude at my place of employment seems to be 90% sure that this will be a MAJOR event. The day and hour are impossible to predict at this point...if i had to guess from what I am hearing...I would estimate somewhere between Dec 17th and Dec 30th.

i will also say that the area expected to be impacted the most will be from Puerto Rico (specificaly the Puerto Rico trench area) all the way up eastern coast of the US, hence the preparations made by FEMA region 3. The tail is the worrisome part of ISON.

It does depend on How you come acrossed the info really. Sure looks like something is up, More dis-info out there; some Love to get people involved into thinking such things. Just look at some ideas out there; one FEMA R-3. Lets say they know it will hit somewhere around there; would you place all your cards at that one spot knowing it could end up being lost? So while everyone looks at R-3, nobody looks at anything else.

Now we know conflicing info coming out from other Countries, yet at the same time they are doing the dis-info too, keeps you on your toes looking here and there. Keeps the panic level down; that is a good thing really. Tail once, twice, maybe it is simply, No One Knows. Odds are nothing does happen, point I would like to make is just do not accept anything as fact!

Yet we have History that would tell us something different, a warring from the past in how They seen it and put it down on stone to remember. As with dates, time has no meaning, too many things to consider and factors at play. Just look at 2012 , I think we had the Timeframe wrong, as with 1999. We did not know how the clocks on the computers would change over to 2000. Lame since it is after 1999. Remember computers Never get it wrong! Don't buy into that one.

Way too much stuff going on considering only one thing in general so best to keep a stock of things just in case. Preppers have taken it way to far, works for them I say go for it. I think the first 3 months one needs to be somewhat ready for since you do not want to be out while panic is in the streets.

How could one plan after that anyway? No telling what could happen, what would change, and what would need to be done next. Most would be lucky to make it 30 days in the city, too many people and the madness to follow would be Hell! Somehow people seem to think elect not having it is doom, yet we have only had it for less then 150 yrs! Gas is just the same really, in todays world; thats all they know. Hell I do not know how one rides a horse, sure willing to learn though. Heat the old way was a fireplace, simple. Light, candle or lamp too.

How did it get to being called hard life in those days? I haven't heard from anyone so old that it was bad. Most missed them days. Money was not as inportant as were people. Although some did say they had some bad years too, just not as glummy as it is today.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by oz2013

We are not going to pass through the tail twice. We may not even pass through it once.

Phage? How is it going?

Rat's, how did that come about? Not even once, at all, nothing? What did you do, fly up there and tow it out to Space?

Just wondering though, what goes through your mind while reading posts? Most are so way out there, yet some do have interesting ideas.

What floats your boat? Time? Man made. Life? No real answer, learn to enjoy. God? Whats the point. Logic? No fun. Money? Greed. Power? Illusion.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No one believes anything you have to say anymore. Pack it in buddy.

"For several days around January 12, 2014, Earth will pass through a stream of fine-grained debris from Comet ISON," says Wiegert. "The resulting shower could have some interesting properties.

science.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-10-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: quote

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

As far as I can tell your qoute does not contradict what Phage said.

Does your source claim we will pass through it twice?

Did Phage claim with certainty that we will not pass through it at all?

He said "we may not".

Furthermore your NASA source is not even talking about passing through the tail exactly,

According to Wiegert's computer models, the debris stream is populated with extremely tiny grains of dust, no more than a few microns wide, pushed toward Earth by the gentle radiation pressure of the sun. They will be hitting at a speed of 56 km/s or 125,000 mph. Because the particles are so small, Earth’s upper atmosphere will rapidly slow them to a stop. "Instead of burning up in a flash of light, they will drift gently down to the Earth below," he says. Don’t expect to notice. The invisible rain of comet dust, if it occurs, would be very slow. It can take months or even years for fine dust to settle out of the high atmosphere.

[SNIP]

edit on 29-10-2013 by TheNewSense because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed rude comment

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

HoboHumpinSloboBabe
reply to post by Phage

No one believes anything you have to say anymore. Pack it in buddy.

"For several days around January 12, 2014, Earth will pass through a stream of fine-grained debris from Comet ISON," says Wiegert. "The resulting shower could have some interesting properties.

science.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-10-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: quote

The article you linked is from April, back when the expectations for the brightness of C/2012 S1 (ISON) were much greater, and the when it was thought the tail would be much denser and visibly longer. The expectations of "ISON" have been toned down quite a bit since then, and it is thought that the comet will probably not brighten up to the levels that were first proposed.

There is a slight possibility that ISON may still become as bright as originally thought, but it seems more and more likely it will not. It may only be visible with binoculars or small telescope at its brightest. In fact, there are two other comets in the sky (Encke and Lovejoy) that may compete with ISON for brightness.

Phage may be right when he said "we may not pass through the tail at all". If the visible tail is much less dense and shorter than astronomers first anticipated, then the part of the tail the Earth passes through may be so minimal that it would barely qualify as "passing through the comet's tail". Technically, maybe, but that's about it. It may not be that different than what the Earth normally does along its orbit (by the way, the earth passes through sparse comet debris several times every year).

edit on 10/29/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

infoseeker26754

As Ison gets closer to the sun just about our orbit around the sun. A solar flare decides to come along and hit it smack in the face. A large BOOM followed by a wave knocking out everything elect here on Earth. All of the floating junk falls from space to Earth and its forth of July for the time being.

As the Boom rocks everything in it path, it changes the orbit of Earth or knocks the moon out of place. Followed by a great quake and waves of water 500ft high. The ground cracks, landmass move and vocanos wake up and that just the start of it.

Now could go with it just breaking up due to the heat and staying in out orbit for us to pass later on while small bits fall to earth due to the breakup. Lets hope them bits don't hit something that could go bang.

Wait, just in. UFO have saved the day again! Indeed we are Special. Last nothing happens and we get to see something Special this year. Oh the storyies for the books. Followed by who was right and what nots.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I used to love Thundarr the Barbarian on Saturday mornings too.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

SheopleNation
...I guess they just expect us to not think or use our imagination at all, just follow the herd like we are told. What exactly is wrong with using one's imagination, who is it harming right or wrong? Well for now, Men / Women will continue to think freely. Those who don't like it, too bad. I myself, choose to keep an open mind. ~$heopleNation

I'm not doing what I are told.

I'm looking at the information at hand about ISON, studying it, applying it to what I know about comets, learning more about comets, then making up my own mind about ISON.

An example of "doing what I am told" would be reading an internet story about potential doom from Comet ISON and overreacting to it by blindly believing it, just because it is "out of the box thinking", even though it goes against what I know. In that case I would be doing what the "Doomsayers" told me to do.

I don't do that. I'm my own person, and I use my knowledge (and try to gain additional knowledge) before I act or react. From the information I know about ISON, it is just a normal comet that will have virtually no noticeably effect on the Earth or on me. I understand all of the "outside the box" thinking about ISON, and have considered those outside the box claims, applied them to what I know about ISON and comets in general, and found most of those claims to be baseless.

If I were to spend a lot of energy worrying about all of those baseless claims made by others, then THAT would make me a sheople -- i.e., blindly following what those people are saying, even if it goes against my knowledge of ISON and comets.

Granted, outside the box thinking is good from a "brainstorming" standpoint. For science and our understanding of nature to move forward, we need people to think outside the box to come up with potential new hypotheses. However, before those hypotheses can move forward and be tested by science and possibly become new or revised theories, there needs to be some basis for advancing those hypotheses -- i.e., some sort of evidence for thinking the hypotheses may be true.

The speculative "out of the box" ideas about ISON being a doomsday comet have no evidence to back them up, so why should I follow the internet "herd" in overreacting to those claims? I've logically considered those claims, then dismissed them. I'm not going to follow those sheep.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

PINKSTAR

The reason FEMA region III put in a lot of requisitions for emergency supplies by October 1st is no mystery.

First of all, October 1st is the end of the Government's fiscal year. If FEMA region III (and any region for that matter) needed supplies, they would need to have the ordered filled by October 1, 2013 to be able to use 2013 budget funds. If they don't use up their 2013 budgeted funds, they lose those funds.

Secondly, Parts of Region III was hard hit by Hurricane Sandy, and they needed to replenish their emergency supplies that were used up during Sandy -- which is one reason for the requisition. They wanted to be sure to be prepared for the upcoming hurricane season, which peaks in the late fall.

It would be more surprising if FEMA region III did NOT request additional emergency supplies before the fiscal year ended on October 1. If they didn't request emergency supplies, that would indicate that FEMA was doing a terrible job preparing for the next potential (and yet unknown) disaster (another hurricane, etc).

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
The speculative "out of the box" ideas about ISON being a doomsday comet have no evidence to back them up, so why should I follow the internet "herd" in overreacting to those claims?

While I understand and respect your point, your hypothesis can be applied to either position. Following the herd depends on one's point of view. Both approaches can fit the definition of being open minded, know what I mean?

Personally, I would guess that ISON will come and go just like most comets do. However, I must say that I am just a bit concerned about Earth passing through it's tail. At the end of the day though, we will most likely just have a very nice meteor shower with possibly a few relatively small meteorite impacts. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join