It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress discussions to sell the National Parks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When everyone was talking about the government shutdown congress was quietly holding
talks on selling national parks to corporate interests cut the deficit via a bill called the
Disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act

3.3 million acres will raise a lot of money but at what cost too the environment as corporates
don't care about nature or life just money.

The public parks to be sold are in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, & Wyoming.

There is no way this is a good thing but when the first reports about people in national parks who
ran small businesses like hotels where being closed down and the parks sealed off it did not
make any sense but maybe its a little test to see how easy it was to close to the public.

But if there is a plan to sell the land to corporates then the land will be private property
so the one big question is will the public be allowed to enter the ex-parks free as before
or pay to enter or maybe even have no access to the land as its privately owned.

Wilderness Society

edit on 23/10/2013 by skuly because: spelling again

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Let me guess. They are selling it to UNESCO. The next step? Cover all "natural heritage" with a one-world police force formed by UNESCO, giving Geneva the opportunity to literally control the whole world under one policing force.

S&F for the find.

edit on 23-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling over atop John Muir in his grave.

Hate to tell you though, they sold-out the National Parks to Big Mining and Big Oil long ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

No and usual some Agenda 21 conspiracy theorist misses the actual goddamn threat... did you skip over the selling to corporate part?

This is going to be a frigging disaster, if it goes through.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Kali74
did you skip over the selling to corporate part?

Who says that "corporations" can't be related to a government?

Of course they'll sell it to a corporation. But who's behind the "corporation"?

edit on 23-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think those lands belong to the people and they are not to be sold.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Probably the Koch brothers.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

edit on 23-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Welcome to Chinese controlled national parks! The US will never be able to pay off their debt and I bet China will be buying American companies/land/etc with the greenbacks they have before it becomes worthless.

I'll bet all my ATS points.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by skuly

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling over atop John Muir in his grave.

Hate to tell you though, they sold-out the National Parks to Big Mining and Big Oil long ago.

Yep. Look at the signs in front of a park. They used to say "Dept. of Forestry", a federal protective agency. Now they say "Dept. of the Interior, Dept. of Agriculture" or some such.

The "Agriculture" part means product. Minerals, Lumber, and friggin' Fracking. Another way our sold out government has paved the way to destroy our Heritage.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

For any who want to look at the bill it is listed at www.govtrack.us

H.R. 2657: Disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act of 2013 113th Congress, 2013–2015. Text as of Jul 11, 2013 (Introduced). TEXT

Mr. CHAFFETZ introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Natural Resources

To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled....

Jason Chaffetz is the Representative for Utah's 3rd District. (R) LINK

This is not the first bill of this nature. H.R. 1126 (112th): Disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act of 2011

21 cosponsors (21R) (show)
Bartlett, Roscoe [R-MD6]
Bishop, Rob [R-UT1]
Flake, Jeff [R-AZ6]
Herger, Walter “Wally” [R-CA2]
McClintock, Tom [R-CA4]
McMorris Rodgers, Cathy [R-WA5]
Mack, Connie [R-FL14]
(joined Mar 31, 2011)
Campbell, John [R-CA48]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Duncan, Jeff [R-SC3]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Flores, Bill [R-TX17]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Garrett, Scott [R-NJ5]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Gohmert, Louie [R-TX1]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Hartzler, Vicky [R-MO4]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Huelskamp, Tim [R-KS1]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Labrador, Raúl [R-ID1]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Myrick, Sue [R-NC9]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Pompeo, Mike [R-KS4]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Rigell, Scott [R-VA2]
(joined May 05, 2011)
Farenthold, Blake [R-TX27]
(joined May 11, 2011)
Ribble, Reid [R-WI8]
(joined May 24, 2011)
Lungren, Daniel [R-CA3]
(joined Jul 07, 2011)

I get the feeling this is just for 'show'.

(If you haven't figured it out by now I am a data junky.)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You went to lengths to find a Youtube video but not that actual bill?

Disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act of 2013

Which, if you have researched, is a bill dating back to 2011:
H.R. 1126

It isn't the doom and gloom and the purported "fire-sale" of National Parks as you suggest....good god there are some real suckers on the Internet...

(1)IDENTIFIED FEDERAL LANDS.—The term “identified Federal lands” means the parcels of Federal land under the administrative jurisdiction of the Secretary that were identified as suitable for disposal in the report submitted to Congress by the Secretary on May 27, 1997, pursuant to section 390(g) of the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 (Public Law 104–127; 110 Stat. 1024), except the following:

Here is what it has referred to:
PUBLIC LAW 104–127—APR. 4, 1996

Why even bother; people are going to post rampantly how this law will rape and pillage...yet they were silent when it was introduced two years ago...

Post Script:
The bill is still in committee but here is the referred legislation: H.R. 2657

Some notable mentions:
The bill is from July 2013 (how are you or anyone equating this to the "shutdown"?)
It is similar, as mentioned above, to a bill that dates to 2011

Stop talking out of your rears for hopes of drumming up some faux rage.
edit on 23-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by swanne

Probably the Koch brothers.

Probably Soros....but I am just looking for stars for my post...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by swanne

No and usual some Agenda 21 conspiracy theorist misses the actual goddamn threat... did you skip over the selling to corporate part?

This is going to be a frigging disaster, if it goes through.

Agenda 21 is about, among other things, privatizing "public" land . . . which is selling to corporate interests. Whether that be highways, parks, preserves, or beaches, the goal is to let corporate interests manage public spaces and control the rights to and use of the natural resources.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You beat me to giving a link to the FEDERAL AGRICULTURE IMPROVEMENT AND REFORM ACT OF 1996; however, I was going to post it for a different reason.

Nowhere in that document does it talk about or identify public land for "disposal or other purposes", in the states mentioned in this bill. The only state that is identified, in the 96 Act, for "land disposal" is Florida.

IN GENERAL.—Subject to subparagraph (B), the
Administrator shall deposit in the special account all
funds received by the Administrator, on or after the
date of enactment of this Act, from the disposal pursuant
to the Federal Property and Administrative Services
Act of 1949 (40 U.S.C. 471 et seq.) of surplus
real property located in the State of Florida.

IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall conduct an investigation
to determine what, if any, unreserved and unappropriated
Federal lands (or mineral interests in any such lands) under
the administrative jurisdiction of the Secretary are suitable
for disposal or exchange for the purpose of conducting restoration
activities in the Everglades region.

FLORIDA.—In carrying out this subsection, the Secretary
shall, to the maximum extent practicable, determine which
lands and mineral interests located within the State of Florida
are suitable for disposal or exchange before making the determination
for eligible lands or interests in other States.

This reference is about setting up an account to fund an Everglades Restoration account. All funds, whether land in FL or elsewhere, deemed disposable by the Secretary under this Act were supposed to go toward the Everglades Restoration account.

The only other reference to the states listed in the current bills being proposed is to Colorado . . . However, it's not about land in the state, it is about a funding a Colorado Basin Salinity Control Act. An act aimed at aiding farmers in the region.

edit on 10/23/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/23/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Of course the federal government needs to sell America's national parks, and forget about protecting nature. How else do you expect them to pay rent, at the DOD's boneyards?

Remember, it's the U.S. Congress and Senate. The money they spend, is just handed to them by the American taxpayers. These politicians are nothing more than a bunch of trust fund children, who don't understand how difficult it is for the common person to earn and save a dollar.

edit on 23-10-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Oh yes cuz that's what I'm about? LMFAO, did you never notice that 99.99% of what I post is pretty opposite of the rest of ATS? You're slipping my friend. And it seems I'm right.... most of this originates with ALEC.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Kali74

Oh yes cuz that's what I'm about? LMFAO, did you never notice that 99.99% of what I post is pretty opposite of the rest of ATS? You're slipping my friend. And it seems I'm right.... most of this originates with ALEC.

I don't know what ALEC is and I was jesting...so I am not 'slipping'...I has highlighting that throwing out power players such as Koch and Soros is easy...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I thought Agenda 21 was all about complete government control of all land, not corporate control of all land.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

ALEC is the American Legislative Exchange Council, a group of corporate lobbyists that literally writes legislation for the GOP. Largely orchestrated by the Koch Brothers... and this is legit stuff easily searchable, not the antithesis of the typical Soros is behind every evil lefty agenda BS thrown around here.

ALEC

Wiki

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join