It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To my fellow ATS members.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry to be purposefully vague here, but I really don't want to write something lengthy.

Shootings are back in the spotlight. You know what the means. More political madness, more baseless insinuations and generalizations (like this).

Lets all just remember why we first came to ATS. Certainly not to fight with strangers that ultimately boils down to "my opinion is better than yours!" and, as I refer to it, 'a speck of dust called another speck of dust an a-hole.'

Tensions are so high among the people in this country to the state where it's blinded us from the 'real' (my opinion) agenda and global plan.

The last thing we need is for a sort of 'haven' such as ATS to be riddled with bickering and mundane rhetoric.

We should know better than this and not allow ourselves to further this divide, because and once again my opinion, that is truly one of the root causes as to why a nation such as America can not be sustained in a 'free' notion, under the assumption we still are 'free.'

Don't pour more fuel on this raging fire. I'm out of metaphors so there you go, shoot it full of holes or take it to heart.

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I agree!

But at what point does a dog get so angry at being whipped for no reason at all, decides to turn on it's abusive master?

I admire the teachings of Christ, even though I am not a Christian, but in this current world we are living in, do you not see what those in charge are forcing us into doing??

If we do nothing we lose, and if we do something we lose!

Look at the people who are homeless and starving, and look at the government officials driving around in their limos and rubbing elbows with those in Hollywood!

Let them eat cake comes to mind!

As sad as it is to say it, "When people lose everything, they lose IT!".

Where do we go from here?

Worship those in government whom persecute those whom worship a different deity than they do?

I don't condone violence at all. But I have to say that I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. As much as I respect others beliefs, why should I feel threatened because those same people I speak up for don't respect mine?

Love and prayer isn't going to save this world. Honestly, humanity has already proven that greed, selfishness and pride is more important than just trying to all live together in peace!

Humanity has been searching for Utopia for years, but it will never happen. We have serious flaws that will always prevent us from evolving....

It's a damn shame!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

" As much as I respect others beliefs, why should I feel threatened because those same people I speak up for don't respect mine?"

^^ up there, that's a quote from your post. i 'm lazy , so i copied/pasted it. so here goes.

no truer words could be spoken.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

It's about respect in general for those whom you don't agree with! Kinda like how the Constitution of the United States of America was set up to be????

In other words, whether or not you agree with someone whom believes differently than you do, and they are not harming anyone else, then what business is it to those whom have different beliefs?????

Understand?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

RomeByFire
Sorry to be purposefully vague here, but I really don't want to write something lengthy.

Shootings are back in the spotlight. You know what the means. More political madness, more baseless insinuations and generalizations (like this).

Lets all just remember why we first came to ATS. Certainly not to fight with strangers that ultimately boils down to "my opinion is better than yours!" and, as I refer to it, 'a speck of dust called another speck of dust an a-hole.'

Tensions are so high among the people in this country to the state where it's blinded us from the 'real' (my opinion) agenda and global plan.

The last thing we need is for a sort of 'haven' such as ATS to be riddled with bickering and mundane rhetoric.

We should know better than this and not allow ourselves to further this divide, because and once again my opinion, that is truly one of the root causes as to why a nation such as America can not be sustained in a 'free' notion, under the assumption we still are 'free.'

Don't pour more fuel on this raging fire. I'm out of metaphors so there you go, shoot it full of holes or take it to heart.

Peace

I have not much idea where you are coming from, you don't say. If you are talking about guns, please say so.
Guns have nothing to do with democracy per se, while some people think that being allowed to own a gun is democracy at work, and while others think that guns are enforcers of democracy which they are by definition clearly not.
ATS is not a haven either, it's a den of iniquity at times, where denying ignorance means nowt, neither is it a democratic forum.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As clearly as your message comes across, I think inaction is more dangerous.

When the paid propaganda machine inserts itself, to sway opinion, day after day, it's impossible to ignore the fact that we're being invaded by globalists.

The fact is, human beings are vile, greedy vermin, and will put you in a cage the second nobody is watching, and feed you dirt.

The world isn't made up of candy corn and ice cream.

In the first moments of any attack, take Pearl Harbor, for instance, wishful thinking will do nothing to stop it.

They couldn't close their eyes, ignore the bombs and bullets, and expect them to just "go away".

Not then, and not today.

The word ignorance, derived from its base, above, is only a solution if your goal is to surrender.

I love the utopian feel of the premise, but sadly, it doesn't have a chance, in hell, of happening.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

RomeByFire
Sorry to be purposefully vague here, but I really don't want to write something lengthy

PEACE

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

yes, i understood it when you typed it. but thanks for the reply.

top topics

join