It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible prophecy coming true?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here's something interesting I noticed while on Space.com. There's a Russian satellite about to crash down to Earth in about a week. What's interesting about it in these strange times is this prophecy from the bible:

Rev 8:10-11 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

I've always assumed that Wormwood would be an Asteroid or a Comet but this makes me wonder if this Russian satellite crash will be the real Wormwood.

I think Cayce has a similiar prediction but I can't find it. Anyway, what say you, ATS?

edit on 23-10-2013 by lostbook because: hit enter too soon

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
maybe

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Best.......

Thread....

EVER!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Am I missing something.....?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

maybe

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

AQ6666
reply to post by GNOarmy

maybe

Lol...this is gonna go on all night, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well now my picture isnt nearly as funny anymore

I liked the OP better without all those damn words

edit on 10/23/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
yep

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Hmmm, maybe..... hope not, lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

lostbook
Here's something interesting I noticed while on Space.com. There's a Russian satellite about to crash down to Earth in about a week. What's interesting about it in these strange times is this prophecy from the bible:

Rev 8:10-11 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

I've always assumed that Wormwood would be an Asteroid or a Comet but this makes me wonder if this Russian satellite crash will be the real Wormwood.

I think Cayce has a similiar prediction but I can't find it. Anyway, what say you, ATS?

edit on 23-10-2013 by lostbook because: hit enter too soon

AHA! There it is. Thanks for the content.

Edit to add: There have been other satellites that have come crashing down to earth... We will see many more in the future as they get older and older.. Personally, I don't think they are all wormwood.. who knows!
edit on 23-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I like the responses to the empty thread, however, I fixed it to the original reason for this thread. However, this does give me an idea for a new type of thread where there's no title, no topic, and no point. Kind of a "whatever you want to say" type of thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

lostbook
I like the responses to the empty thread, however, I fixed it to the original reason for this thread. However, this does give me an idea for a new type of thread where there's no title, no topic, and no point. Kind of a "whatever you want to say" type of thread.

It's been done many many times before and they are trashed.
Yours is fine now that it has content. *thumbsup*

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Meh, I found the first prophecie the most likely.

If a falling satellite would be a problem, they will stop it before it makes any damage.

So I guess there wont happen anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You'd have to believe in the Bible...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Here's something interesting I noticed while on Space.com. There's a Russian satellite about to crash down to Earth in about a week.

You mean this one?

Space.com

There are a lot of ideas floating around how to interpret that. Googling it provides so many links its hard to find one that covers the bases or anybody can agree with (see the response on a site called ATS).

Some think that the word Wormwood translates to "Chernobyl", the site of an atomic meltdown. "A star" burning like a lamp could mean the fire at the plant was nuclear in origin (like a star). The fallout certainly has killed some people, how many (a third of what, the town the world?) remains to be seen.

Others think the lamp or torch could mean the disaster was oil based (the fuel of lamps and torches back then) and that could refer to the fire that destroyed the Deep Horizon oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
That definitely burned like a lamp or torch and fell upon the waters and made them "bitter". A third part of what water system (the gulf or all oceans?) and how many people will die from toxicity remans to be seen.

Just observing...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's the problem with biblical, and any other prophecies, from any other book. Ambiguity. Prophecy is open to interpretation, and everybody has one.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wormwood could just as easily be something to do with Fukushima. I don't think it's completely happened yet, though, if that's it. I know a lot of people are thinking the a nuclear water leaking out of Fukushima has already made the entire Pacific Ocean a completely glowing brew, but I think it would take quite a bit longer to do that to the entire volume of the Pacific which does cover roughly 1/3 of the earth. Not even all the atomic tests carried out at the atolls made the entire Pacific glow and the regions that got nuked are healthier now than ever in terms of biodiversity.

It could also be an asteroid we just plain don't see, or a supervolcanic eruption, or the ignition of the entire Ring of Fire into tectonic doom.

The point is that likely won't know for sure until either it happens or it's so near to happening that it makes no difference.

Prophecies are intentionally vague no matter what their source which is why they're so fascinating and fun, and when it comes to the Biblical ones of the End, we've been told that eyes will not be opened with understanding until the time comes. So, I'm not particularly hurt that we don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
don't SATs come down all the time? I mean this must be the 1000th one

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I fail to see what a satalite could do to polute the world's waters and cause massive amounts of death. It would need to be a comet or a large asteroid which does some real damage. A falling satalite is like worrying about raindrops hitting your roof. No cause for alarm

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

"Chernobyl Fallout: Apocalyptic Tale" was published by the New York Times on July 25, 1986. Claiming Chernobyl translated to Wormwood, potentially making it the third trumpet prophecy of Revelation, Serge Schermann failed to substantiate his sources and his story was largely discredited.

Armed with a couple of years of prior Russian language study, I decided to pursue original sources and dig deeper into the matter recently. Here are the verifiable facts:

1) Chernobyl and chornobyl are Russian and Ukranian words meaning literally "black stalks", referring to artemisia vulgaris – four-foot high grassy plants known in English as mugwort or "common wormwood".
2) Chornobyl (Чорнобиль) was the Ukranian city lending its name to the reactor.
3) Wormwood, according to my 1984 (note this pre-dates the meltdown) Merriam-Webster Dictionary is Artemisia, esp. Artemisia absinthium. The definition explicitly encompasses all varieties of Artemisia.
4) Mugwort (artemisia vulgaris) is closely related to artemisia absinthium, both genetically and in physical appearance.
5) Curiously, mugwort was not listed in my Merriam-Webster dictionary of nearly 160,000 words, underscoring the fact that it is best known as "common wormwood".
6) Prior to 1986 both Russian and Ukranian dictionaries included wormwood as a secondary definition for chernobyl/chornobyl and many internet translators still translate chernobyl into wormwood.
7) Wormwood acquired its name because of its ability to act as a "de-wormer" (i.e., expelling intestinal worm infestations). The de-worming ability extends throughout various artemisia species.
8) Polyn' ("полин" in Ukrainian or "полын" in Russian) is the primary term in Russian for artemisia absinthium or wormwood.
9) Pelyněk černobýl is the Czech name for artemisia vulgaris (i.e., mugwort) and translates literally as wormwood vulgaris, thus helping to explain the relationship between and origins of both polyn' and chernobyl.
10) Perhaps the most observable difference between mugwort and wormwood is whether the stalks are green or whether the stalks are dark green.
11) Apsinthos (Aψινθος), the Greek word found in the earliest surviving Revelation manuscripts, means "bitter like wormwood". Although often used to describe artemisia absinthia, "wormwood" is not an exact literal translation.
12) Historical translations include "Bitter" from the 1969 Worldwide English New Testament and "Wormwood (footnote - that is, Bitter)" from the 1973, 1984 New International Version of the Bible. Both of these predate the Chernobyl meltdown.
13) The world's oldest surviving Bible, the Codex Sinaiticus (available online) uses the Greek name Apsinthion (Aψίνθιον), a broadly encompassing term meaning "of the nature of absinthia. (Note: Some claim there is evidence of this word having been changed from Apsinthos.)
14) Only one of the many apocalyptic events described in Revelation was assigned a proper noun as a name (an obscure name at that).

The facts indicate that Chernobyl is an accurate translation for the term Wormwood, as used in the third trumpet prophecy of Revelation, regardless of whether one translates from original manuscripts or English language texts. Counter-arguments claiming Chernobyl isn't a good translation fail when subjected to scrutiny.

One question needing to be answered though is: What are the odds that an obscure name used in the Bible just happens to match the name of the city where one of the worst man-made disasters in history occurred? The odds of a mere coincidence would seem to be, mathematically speaking, extremely remote.

A more substantive counter-argument is that the Chernobyl disaster doesn't fit the description given of the third trumpet prophecy. That argument loses merit though when one examines the passage critically. Although often interpreted as a literal star, asteroid or comet falling to earth, it's worth considering that the later fifth trumpet "star" is an obvious figurative star, thereby lending further credence to Chernobyl as the third trumpet prophecy.

15) As with English, both the Greek and Aramaic words for star have multiple meanings.
16) The Greek word ἀστήρ means not only star and famous, but also strewn over the sky - fitting terminology for the Chernobyl explosion and radioactive fallout which heavily contaminated thousands of square miles of land in the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia, much of which will be uninhabitable for thousands of years.
17) An ever-increasing body of evidence suggests that the New Testament may have been originally written in Aramaic (i.e., the language Mel Gibson used in "Passion of the Christ") rather than Greek. The Aramaic word for star, kwkb, can be both noun and verb - for example, to be made a star, an interesting association since that definition applies literally to what happened at Chernobyl.

Wormwood is one of the important clues in Revelation. It stands uniquely alone among the events of Revelation in that it was given a name. Though perhaps not a unique name, the unarguable fact is that the name Wormwood is one which is rarely used. Adding further unique identification is the fact that it is a proper noun rather than a common noun.

Ultimately, one needs to form one's own conclusion as to whether Chernobyl fits the prophecy of Revelation

www.christianforums.com...

Oddly, I just saw this video the other day, this gentleman had a good video that I enjoyed so I looked to see what else he had and I ended up watching this:

edit on 23-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join