It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a ISON video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I guess I am going to go out on a limb here, but like they say, you'll never learn unless you ask, and what better place to ask and learn than ATS?

So, in the last couple days a member posted about a whistle blower talking about some craft that have taken up residency behind the moon. I was on my phone and couldnt subscribe to the thread and I cant find it now to link to it or I would. My apologies to that member. Hopefully another member can. I thought it was interesting, but took it with a grain of salt as they say.

Today I noticed that the video is going somewhat viral, so I went back to take a look at the original poster of its YT site to see what I could glean from it. They certainly seem to be very space orientated.

While poking around through some of their video post, I came across this one below which will bring me to my question. The video is of ISON that is suppose to be data generated from the Tiam Lian1 Satellite. The radar sequence is suppose to be from August 23.

Now when you watch the video, is it at all possible to get that clear of footage of ISON from the Satellite or should that be my first clue it is fake? Second question is, if it IS possible to get that clear of footage, then just what are those two objects orbiting it?

The video ends with saying that ISON is a ufo, and while many do believe that, Im not so interested in that as I am my questions. The video is only a couple minutes long. Thanks for any feedback.

eta: I realize the video leans towards ufo stuff, but Im really interested in the space part of it as far as the satellite capabilities etc. That is why I picked this forum.
edit on 10/23/13 by onehuman because: disclaimor of forum choice.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We need more footage from other telescopes!!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Fake. There is no technology with these capabililties.
Couple of threads have been posted about these videos, but I'm too lazy to search now.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So, in the last couple days a member posted about a whistle blower talking about some craft that have taken up residency behind the moon. I was on my phone and couldnt subscribe to the thread and I cant find it now to link to it or I would. My apologies to that member.

Here is a link to the previous thread you are referring to regarding objects behind the moon:
10/20/13 BREAKING! Whistleblower EXPOSES GOV'T SHUTDOWN And FEMA - ISON - UFO Coverup

As for the ability to obtain imagery of the detail in the OP video, I doubt it is authentic but maybe some other ATS members can shed some light on that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have seen some videos of ISON having a satellite.

Any credence to this?

So many telescopes, so little footage!!

Reminds of something...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Thank you for posting the link. I felt bad I couldnt find it. I really wish they would make a subscribe feature for the phone as I do a lot of my reading here on it being somewhat bed ridden.

I also agree with you about it probably being fake, but since satellites and their capabilities are not my forte', I thought I would ask.

On the other hand, if they are capable , then we have some new questions as to what is orbiting it, yes?

edit on 10/23/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
I have seen some videos of ISON having a satellite.

Any credence to this?

So many telescopes, so little footage!!

Reminds of something...

There are plenty of amateur astronomers who photograph C/2012 S1 (ISON) every day.

This, however, screams "fake!" because there are no telescopes that came get this sort of footage.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The thing is, this footage isnt taken from just any ol telescope, it is taken from a satellite in space. The question is, can IT take that kind of footage? I have seen other footage that does seem to show two objects tagging along, but as I am on myphone right now, I cant really search for them to post. I will though when I get back on pc

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

they beamed pics/video back from the moon in 1969, so they must be able to have quality video now?? Can't they?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This video was debunked awhile ago.

Tianlian I (Simplified Chinese: 天链一号, Traditional Chinese: 天鏈一號, English: Sky Chain), also known as Tian Lian 1, TL-1, and CTDRS-1 is a Chinese data tracking and relay communications satellite series. Based on the DFH-3 satellite bus, it will provide communication coverage for manned Shenzhou missions, from Shenzhou 7 onwards.[1] In terms of function, it is similar to the United States Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System.

Source

edit on 23-10-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

onehuman
Now when you watch the video, is it at all possible to get that clear of footage of ISON from the Satellite or should that be my first clue it is fake?

Yes it should be your first clue that its is fake. There is no telescope or camera, earth-based or orbit-based, that can take such zoomed-in and detailed images of the comet's nucleus, especially since ISON is still very far away. The only way to get such footage is when a spacecraft visits the comet and takes pictures upclose. But no spacecraft has been visiting ISON.

The satellite mentioned is a communications satellite, it doesn't take pictures of space at all.

A good rule of thumb is not to be led by viral Youtube videos. Astronomers monitor ISON every day, and if something unusual crops up, we will hear about it from reliable sources. Personally, I get my news from the International Comet group or the Comets and Asteroids page on Facebook.

Bottom line: no "companions", no UFOs, no little green men. Just a nice-looking comet that will hopefully create a great light show in the sky.

top topics

join