It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Promise of Fusion is Real, If it's Properly Funded (Op-Ed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I found a very interesting article about how hot fusion works.
Fusion

Not that I don't want them to success, I'm just afraid someone prefers research on this than other methods the same way they build an uranium reactor instead of thorium one
www.youtube.com...

BTW: how do they want to transfer the won energy into electric grid ? water boiler method won't work here

edit on 23-10-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

KrzYma
I found a very interesting article about how hot fusion works.
Fusion

Not that I don't want them to success, I'm just afraid someone prefers research on this than other methods the same way they build an uranium reactor instead of thorium one
www.youtube.com...

BTW: how do they want to transfer the won energy into electric grid ? water boiler method won't work here

edit on 23-10-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

Yeah, sort of.

Generally, you let the neutrons whop into a lithium blanket running down the walls of the tokamak, then boil water with the heat from the lithium, and use the deuterium the lithium transmutes to for more fuel.

If you've advanced to the point you can do proton-B11 fusion, you get electrical power direct, no boilers.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ah, cool, thank you

I also found this...
focusfusion

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We will become a fusion economy. We have no choice. With natural resources running low. It's a matter of politics at the moment. Not scientific shortfalls. When they fully fund fusion, it will be. Try reading some at larouchepac.com there's plenty of articles on the subject. Sorry about the text link. I'm on my phone and won't let me post link properly.

enjoy!

top topics

join