It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As strange as the this footage first seemed, we live in a rural area and an old pal o' mine's family have two farms on the land surrounding a large local hospital.

Well, they have to spread slurry ONLY at night, an agreement with the local health authority, to prevent discomfort for patients and visitors that the raw stench might impose on them via the air conditioning and ventilation units, during daytime at the hospital.

They use several large machines to slurry the land...and how they go about their work in the darkness - probably looks similar to the footage, if filmed from nearby...

Add to that my opinion that the original noise of machinery in the vid has been replaced by a more naturally rural sounding theme, I suspect serves only to try and convince us that the lights might be something else...

Just my thoughts, as a Derbyshian... With farmer friends!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.....First two thirds of the OPs vid are clearly terrestrial vehicles at night, the last third is below par fakery.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
These are all good replies, and I appreciate everyone's feedback. Out of curiosity, what would a video have to look like for you all to believe it? I sometimes wonder if ANY video could convince some people on this site. Would love to hear the responses to this.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Something from the HUD of a F-16 or a Eurofighter, combined with the radar & target tracking data would probably do the trick......Information on local atmospheric conditions would be useful too.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi every one i live in copperas cove, texas,just about every night i go outside i keep seeing a triangle form of light low in the sky it just sits there at first i thought it was a plane but it never moves like a plane,and then i thought maybe a planet that we can see at night,but sometimes it appears in certain spots in the sky,can someone help me identify it? I have took pictures of it but when i look at the pictures it is just a dot of light and not the triangle form i see with the naked eye,i don't really know how to get a good night pictures

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

That's a great question and I suppose the answer is different for each person.

This video has always intrigued me and is along the lines of what "convinces me".

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why does the video upload date say August 2013, and the video title says October 23, 2013?
I'm taking everybody elses side. Some sort of machinery used for farm or other industrial work.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lifemonkey

I'm guessing because he re-uploaded it?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The first 1:35 of the movie looks like customized hunting vehicles.

The trees are all 4-10 feet tall. They grow stunted and gnarled up out in west and southwest texas.
The vehicles are probably refitted 4x4 trucks that have platforms mounted about 6 feet above the top of the cab. Standing on these platforms allows the hunter to see over the brush and trees. Some of these vehicles can even be driven from the platform. The platforms have high intensity lights on a bar across the top of the frame. 12-16 feet above the ground.

It creates the illusion of a big bright object hovering above the trees.

In the early frames of the film you can see two small lights below the large lights across the top. These small lights are the headlights on the vehicles.

As far as the 1:36 to the end section... I call cgi.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Emerys
These are all good replies, and I appreciate everyone's feedback. Out of curiosity, what would a video have to look like for you all to believe it? I sometimes wonder if ANY video could convince some people on this site. Would love to hear the responses to this.
For starters, to rule out hoaxes and CGI like the last part of the OP video appears to be, it would help if there were multiple witnesses who saw the same object. The January 2000 sighting of a UFO in Illinois by multiple credible witnesses is convincing evidence it's not a hoax or CGI and we would really expect that type of confirmation in any populated area...that happened while most people were sleeping and we still had multiple witnesses.

This is what a genuine UFO sighting looks like, and they got a single picture (not a good one) but no video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I think you're jumping to incorrect conclusions about the dimensions of the foreground objects and the height of the lights in the earlier part of the OP video. The items you are calling trees don't look like trees. Yes you can live in Texas your whole life and still make this mistake.

In other parts of the video when the lights pass behind trees they are not above the trees as seen here:

Even that tree doesn't look very tall.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

sheepslayer247
reply to post by Emerys

That's a great question and I suppose the answer is different for each person.

This video has always intrigued me and is along the lines of what "convinces me".

FYI, that "Star Wars Defense" video is just ice particles reacting to a thruster pulse.

You can even see the momentary flash of the thruster pulse between 0:06 and 0:07.

The ice particle travelling from right to left reacts immediately, but at slower velocity since it's much further away from the thruster nozzle pulse than the second ice particle seen travelling much faster from off screen where it was much closer to the thruster pulse.

edit on 10/23/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

We could Debate all day about this. I do agree that it could be bushes instead of trees. But cedar trees are pretty bushy. Which is why I don't want to rule it completely off the table. It is still odd how this vehicle moves through the trees. It could be cars going uphill or downhill. Who knows. If those really truly are trees. Then what?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
FYI, that "Star Wars Defense" video is just ice particles reacting to a thruster pulse.

You can even see the momentary flash of the thruster pulse between 0:06 and 0:07.
Confirmed, and it's pretty obvious, so I have no idea why anybody finds that video impressive.

Emerys
Who knows. If those really truly are trees. Then what?
They look nothing like trees and are not shaped like cedar trees.

Even if they were trees, the vehicle could be on a hill and the lights would look like they were above the treetops when the vehicle is still on the ground.

Not only that but the fact that the video maker has spliced two different things together is a huge red flag, not to mention the other drama like the opening logo, etc.

There are good cases out there, and I showed you one of them. This isn't one.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

You know you can clearly see the vehicle/heavy machinery in the background of the picture right?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
At first glance I could not decide what it was. I too thought it was machinery, however those lights were very powerful.

Upon inspection closer I personally have to say this one is a hoax... HOWEVER... Reading this thread has actually given me some thoughts on how UFOs are discussed, and it also leads to how (if the PTB and aliens are working together..IF) they are getting away with it. Please bear in mind this is personal thoughts.

Whenever there is a video of a UFO that actually struggles to separate truth from hoax, there is always very heated discussion.Those who are so adamant that it is fake usually fight tooth and nail to get their point across I feel, and most of the time, they win the argument.... Regardless. How many videos on ATS have been deemed proof of alien craft????? Seriously...?

Because people who deny UFO's existence, and contribute so much to shutting down of videos posted on YouTube, on here and other websites, TPTB will have more confidence in letting these craft do as they please, because they know, most people will deem it fake and it will shut down.

We go on so much how we want the truth, and some actual evidence, when really, and I personally think it is extremely possible, we are the ones blinding ourselves from the truth. If we cannot accept or believe something, we will collectively blind ourselves from it forever. Therefore, our own ignorance and stubbornness as humans is what is holding us back from finding out what really is going on.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

gortex

IAMTAT
reply to post by Emerys

Very impressive film. What kind of pedigree does this video have? Did you film this?

This video or one very much like it (I suspect this one) was posted a while ago and they are harvesters working at night like this .

The UFO tacked on at the end I've seen before and if you listen the dog barking is a loop ... added on so if they've done that the suspicion has to be it's a hoax .

That's a loop?Srry but you can't be serious,right?

edit on 24-10-2013 by ScalarZero because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by ScalarZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well its a good job they put that big red circle around the ufo in the last part of the video or i never would have seen it......

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Emerys
reply to post by Matilda4

Did any of you see the other UFO at the end of the video!?

wow wow wow !!!
I don't think most of them did, because that was really something!
great video OP, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

gortex
The UFO tacked on at the end I've seen before and if you listen the dog barking is a loop ... added on so if they've done that the suspicion has to be it's a hoax .

ScalarZero
That's a loop?Srry but you can't be serious,right?
It plays the first time starting at 1:36 and a 2nd time starting at 2:00 so I wouldn't argue with calling it a loop though I think a more accurate term would be "replay" especially since they circled the object the second time, as if we really needed the circle to see it.

sealing
wow wow wow !!!
I don't think most of them did, because that was really something!
great video OP, thanks for sharing.
So people were arguing about whether it's a loop, or CGI, and you say people didn't see it? If anything it takes away from the videos value to add that at the end...it's obviously showing something completely different after 1:36. Anybody serious about UFO research would keep the videos of 2 separate sightings separate, and identify the sources including date time location direction etc.

One big red flag for that video at the end that you think is so great is the way it cuts off right in the middle of filming the object. Why do you suppose that is? If you were filming that object, would you just stop after 24 seconds and say that's enough and turn off the camera? On the other hand, 24 seconds is a typical length for a CGI clip so if you guessed the reason the video stopped is because the maker got tired of doing some time consuming CGI, that's a more logical presumption than they got tired of pointing the camera. In other CGI clips where the hoaxers have tried to show the object flying off, there are more CGI artifacts, so a lazy hoaxer won't even try to do that if they want the clip to look somewhat realistic.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could be some farmin' goin' on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join