It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First evidence of gold growing in trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ya that's right , always thought that money couldn't grow on trees well you're wrong it does grow on trees.Not that it's money but far more valuable these days" GOLD "

Our scientists have revealed that gum trees from the Western Australian goldfields draw up tiny particles of gold via their roots and it ends up in their leaves and branches.

So now in this time of recession I would use your last money to buy some eucalyptus trees and place them in your garden because we will have another gold rush soon boys and girls.

The eucalypt acts as a hydraulic pump – its roots extend tens of metres into the ground and draw up water containing the gold. As the gold is likely to be toxic to the plant, it’s moved to the leaves and branches where it can be released or shed to the ground

Maybe Isaac Newton had lump of gold falling on his head when he sat under that tree?

Prospectors be warned – the discovery is unlikely to start an old-time gold rush – the ‘nuggets’ are just one-fifth the diameter of a human hair and invisible to the eye.

That's very small I would say but maybe if Monsanto could create this pear , or apple trees that could do the same then we could forgive them for their stupidities right, Nah they just gonna use it for themselfs I guess...

Csiro News

Quark would say profit for all peace!

edit on 0b17America/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:20:17 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:20:17 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Gold doesn't grow on trees.
This is not evidence to the contrary...
edit on 23-10-2013 by rangerdanger because: 2nd line

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sounds like colloidal gold to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It doesn't really "grow" gold, just transfers from the roots to the leaves. The process is called phytogeochemistry. Apparently people have been using this method of prospecting copper, zinc and nickel for awhile.

Link to actual study quoted in article: Natural gold particles in Eucalyptus leaves and their relevance to exploration for buried gold deposits

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Thank you for your observation.

I'd like to think that the OP understands that...the title was probably chosen as a tongue-in-cheek play on the well known saying "You know, money doesn't grow on trees..." Probably just posted it because it's an interesting biological tidbit.

That & it gives me an idea of where I should go with my bucket & shovel next time I'm in Australia.
edit on 23-10-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I think its a good method to indicate were the gold lies , but digging thirty meters down could be another problem?
And I really don't hope that people gonna stir the lands so we have holes allover place? but bringing such news like this in this time period would surely evoke people to do that I guess?
edit on 0b49America/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:00:49 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:00:49 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

the title was probably chosen as a tongue-in-cheek play

hahaha maybe you better bring some cuttings from that tree and place it in your own garden?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Gold can be found in the sand sold at the box stores for kids to play in. Enough to make a pretty fair living

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Gold doesn't grow on trees.
This is not evidence to the contrary...
edit on 23-10-2013 by rangerdanger because: 2nd line

Well look at the big brains on Brad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool article OP. Proves why nature is truly amazing.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

In nature we can find every solution..

Only to destroy it again...
edit on 0b19America/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:12:19 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 17:12:19 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: update

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You have to be careful with Eucalyptus trees, they're VERY VERY thirsty. They've been dug up because they are such water drinkers. When water may be worth more than gold, go for the water.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

I don't know , but if I'm not thirsty and get hungry I might eat it...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Wow it is amazing that the tree still absorbs the gold even though it is toxic. But it does not grow on the tree. It is in the tree..

I saw this earlier on a forum on a course I am doing on Coursera. A student posted it and it gathered quite a bit of attention.

Btw. Money is paper. And paper is made from trees....

s/f

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ATSmediaPRO
It doesn't really "grow" gold, just transfers from the roots to the leaves. The process is called phytogeochemistry. Apparently people have been using this method of prospecting copper, zinc and nickel for awhile.

Link to actual study quoted in article: Natural gold particles in Eucalyptus leaves and their relevance to exploration for buried gold deposits

This should have killed the thread.

Why does this account have so few stars/flags? Everything that this account posts is outstanding, at least from my observation. Regardless of who on the staff operates it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That's weird. I thought I already saw this thread before (like, a few days ago). Maybe deja-vu.

Thanks for sharing! S&F

edit on 23-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know but at first I couldn't find anything about it.. but Thnx for supporting the story

edit on 0b36America/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 03:42:36 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 03:42:36 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know but at first I couldn't find anything about it.. but Thnx for supporting the story

edit on 0b36America/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 03:42:36 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Oct 2013 03:42:36 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Oh, it was a great link. I had never thought of using the plant life in an area to help prospect for minerals. But it makes perfect sense. I like to think about something....and you gave me something to think about.

My mini-rant was as to why ATSMediaPro seems to not be appreciated for what they have to share, as well (as evidenced by the sites recognitions tools of stars/flags).

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

fluff007

Wow it is amazing that the tree still absorbs the gold even though it is toxic. But it does not grow on the tree. It is in the tree..

I saw this earlier on a forum on a course I am doing on Coursera. A student posted it and it gathered quite a bit of attention.

Btw. Money is paper. And paper is made from trees....

s/f

Australian currency is plastic, British notes are linen, don't about anyone elses notes. Anyone??

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So Koala poop is gold bearing?

Pun intended.

top topics

join