It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppy problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So a dog of mine had puppies

Dresden and Heisenberg, both males.

They are adorable little bastards, Puggle/Dachshund mixes.

Heres the problem, they love to...

well ill just be blunt, Their favorite game is Dick biting, and I do not mean nimble, its recent behavior and ive had to intervene several times...

But sure enough they start playing with each other, next thing I know one of them is screaming cause one has the others crotch firmly in his mouth...

HOW DO I STOP THIS ITS HORRIFYING!

Help please...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It's a puppy thing and they will eventually outgrow it. Either ride it out or separate them each time one of them starts acting out- and be consistent. That's all I got.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Give one to me, so they can't?

Honestly, I've never had my males do that. Does one let go, when the other screams? Or do you have to intervene? And puppy teeth? Wicked bad news.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Put something down there they don't like the taste of... and of course something that will not harm the pups...

lemon/lime juice might work... or rub some orange peel on the area...

Im sure theres a lot of things you could use

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

its vicious looking, they both do it, they start playing and it progresses until one has his jaws around the others junk.

So far its just been constant intervention when it happens.

They seem to ignore eachothers yelps, but for the other dogs they seem to respect a yelp as back off, just not with each other.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Omg they're so cute!

As for their current behaviour, ?????????? (no ideas)

Good suggestions above.
I just had to say how cute they are

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Take two fingers and push the biter off,as soon as you have his attention give a stern NO,with a mad look on your face.You will have to repeat this several times with both of them. They're mom would just let them go at it till they fought it out.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

How does the mama dog respond to the behavior? Usually she will break up the over aggressive behavior...at least that's what I've experienced in the past with my pup's.

Mama dog would always intervene and put a smack down on the aggressor.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I actually squealed out loud when I saw that picture!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness they are so stinkin' adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww...I want a puppy now... That stays and looks just like that!!!

Oh but my cats may not be too happy..I know one of my cats wouldn't mind but the other one would eat the puppy!!! Haha jk..

I wish I could give advice on how to handle it but it seems I don't have that knowledge and I've read some good ideas

Good luck!!!!!!
edit on 23-10-2013 by natalia because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Let them do it and which ever one ends up neutered was inferior to begin with, or separate them, get rid of one etc.....they are cute btw
edit on 23-10-2013 by sikko45 because: nibblers

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by chiefsmom

its vicious looking, they both do it, they start playing and it progresses until one has his jaws around the others junk.

So far its just been constant intervention when it happens.

They seem to ignore eachothers yelps, but for the other dogs they seem to respect a yelp as back off, just not with each other.

I am no professional but I think a lot of pups do this trying to exert dominance over the other. Both of yours must be vying for the spot. This is also where they learn to "stop" when it hurts and is generally why most dogs don't bite too hard when they play with you. Unless blood is being drawn I would let them try to work it out on their own a few times. One of them will give in eventually and it will generally stop after that in my experience. It is uncomfortable to watch and they are too cute to see them in pain, but it is normal. Not all pups do it, but I have had more than 2 that did.

If they are interrupted each time then its never settled between them. They've found the dog version of the "spock hold".

Again... I am no professional. Just offering my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

fyi...its the Vulcan nerve pinch...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The answer's in the first reply.....The last bit being the most important.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
thanks for all the advice, I shall try to stop the horror that is crotch biting by taking a step back and letting nature work its course...

And lime juice if that fails...

Heres a vid of when they where first born.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Personally I'd separate them, gently but firmly, then try to distract them with toys.....The point is whatever you do, be calm and be consistent. That means everyone in the household must address the problem in the same manner, no shrugging it off from anyone.

Best of luck.....Be a good leader and your pack WILL follow.

My two - As pups:

pic20.picturetrail.com... (Dad)
pic20.picturetrail.com... (His Daughter)

& What they grew into:

pic100.picturetrail.com...
pic100.picturetrail.com...

(Just 'cos I can)

edit on 23-10-2013 by squarehead666 because: more content

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
AhhHHH!

Puppies!!!!

You can't stop it, that's how puppy behaviours are, they're puppies, that's what they do!!

Enjoy the crotch biting and tackling!!!

I'm so jealous you don't even know
edit on 10/23/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Be careful of the lime juice. If it gets onto/into a sensitive area, or if there's scratches and bite marks, it might burn....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
teach the concept to your wife

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

How old are you?

Any why are you are you allowing your dogs to breed if you don't know what your are doing?

That said... normal puppy behavior...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Oh stuff it, humorous thread for a mild problems I'm exaggerating the horror as a male and feel empathy so remove the stick.

I rescue dogs from the pound often, just never had new born pups as I tend to rescue elderly dogs who no one adopts. Not used to rambunctious puppy's, but I guess you know everything about dogs ...

My brother brought his un altered dogs (he believes we shouldn't castrate our pets and keeps good control over it) and well hanky lanky was found to have happened between a new rescue and his dog.

join