It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asktheanimals' Art (new pics added 8/23/18 page 6)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm still making things, most feedback about my ideas are generally negative but there are a few people that like what I do, because of that I haven't been sharing much lately. I know I can't please everyone and all that but like they say, "back to the drawing board." I'm not sure I ever left it

i had heard you were playing music in another thread can't remember if you posted some of it or not though. If you did send me a link, if you play anything half as well as you draw and your metal craft I'm sure it is awesome.

Kyle-

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

There's a link in the bottom of my signature (to my latest music)

Found a couple of pics to add:

Grizzly Bear Knife with Jade Inlay:

Battle tanks of WW 2 Colt .45

Winchester deer rifle

Dog Pendant (x4 actual size)

Wedding Band:

American scroll on Signet Ring (top unfinished):

Henry Rifle:

Example of english scroll:

edit on 23-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I'm going to check it out now! My latest workings I am exploring the friendship (symbiosis) between predators and scavengers. I am using the context of the literal etymology of the meaning of the words but illustrating it in a way that people believe that it works. Basically I am using a description like a police sketch artist applied to a modern concept that people relate to. Essentially if certain observers understand the reference and relationship I have made my point, some may not see the relationship or understand the concept so I hope that the visual quality and story is enough to keep them paging through.

"scavenger originally "person hired to remove refuse from streets," from M.E. scawageour (1373), London official in charge of collecting tax on goods sold by foreign merchants, from Anglo-Fr. scawager, from scawage "toll or duty on goods offered for sale in one's precinct" (1402)"

The birds illustrated in my book are that description

"predator 1922, from L. praedator "plunderer" (see predation). Originally (1840) used of insects that ate other insects."

The humans that became monsters that consume in my book, the monsters consume everything but these sorts of creatures (and people) that fit this description

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

There's a link in the bottom of my signature (to my latest music)

Found a couple of pics to add, all jewelry pieces:

Dog Pendant (x4 actual size)

Wedding Band:

American scroll on Signet Ring (top unfinished):

Example of english scroll:

That would be awesome if the top of that ring looked like a drop of water fell into it and it rippled. Everything here is amazing bro!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thanks bud!
Hope you're doing well, sorry for ignoring my own thread for so long.
Forgot I even added anything, lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So talented, ATA!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I consider myself lucky that I clicked on this link. I've been to Maymont Nature Center in Richmond and probably saw those drawings there. Thank you for this post. You now have another fan.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I consider myself lucky that I clicked on this link. I've been to Maymont Nature Center in Richmond and probably saw those drawings there. Thank you for this post. You now have another fan.

Thanks Toms54! I had about forgotten about this thread myself. I appreciate you taking a gander. I was on the design committee for the nature center and the aquarium tank layout was my idea. It's pretty cool to see it come to life. Cheers, ATA
edit on 1-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

After listening to your music and seeing your artwork, I realize I've stumbled onto one of the greats. Your will is to always ascend. Well, you're rising above beauty and meaning that few have ever clothed themselves with.

Your life must be the focus of your music; your mentor, your friends and family... That poetical, storied Tennessee land which raised you like a loving mother. Rare is the man who can make his own life into lyrics and music that constantly take him higher, but you've got your peculiar creations as evidence that your voice is worth listening to (your band should recognize this).

You've built an audio and visual vehicle which, even if just for awhile, can take the weary back home, again.

Meantime, thank you for the free admission. IOU - It was legendary.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthAtLast

Thank you very much. I'm glad you found something enjoyable in my stuff. I don't know how much credit I can take for anything I do since artists simply build on the foundations that others have left for them.

I love learning arcane facts and skills. The well-trodden road has little appeal for me. Perhaps it's the idea that one can still find something unknown or create a new method within that discipline. Fear of the Borg? Possibly. Anyhow, I really do appreciate the kind comments.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bumping since I added some new pics.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I've never seen this thread, that's some pretty amazing stuff there man.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

These are truly gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Danky Augustus.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Found this thread by following the link at the end of the comments you post. Beautiful gift! I am humbled by such great talent.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join